ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting the cable

I wanted the local channels on my TV, so I went with the Roku. I got the Rohu Ultra. It also had some other features that I liked, and its a one-time purchase, so I got one.

Tell me more about the family stuff - I knew I could add more people, but thought I was limited to 3 devices at the same time, even with more accounts. No?
Re family sharing, 6 people could be on 3 devices under your account. Go into the tools section (Circle w your initial in upper right) while in the app. Click on settings then membership and family sharing. You can invite 5 people. You and they have to be set up on google family. Worth taking 10 minutes to figure out. You can chat w them if you need help. My tech challenged SIL had trouble, but the kids were set up and using it in minutes.

I am so pissed when I am required or forced to post on a topic with a very clear title that is a repeat of something I may have read before. Is there a way of shutting off that function that requires me to do such a thing? I wish I could just skip it but it doesn't appear that way. So annoying.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Hallmark channel on You Tube?
Nope. I was going to go with YouTube, but no Hallmark was a deal breaker for my wife. We went with PS Vue and like it. The only bad thing is that we can't get the local Fox station on it, so I have to get creative when the Hawks play on that channel. It has Fox Demand for regular programming and FS1, but we can't get live sports from the local Fox channel.

Complaining about duplicate threads and not using the search function when there are 1,000 political threads per day all arguing the same crap and Ciggy spamming the board with cut/paste articles. I guess I should expect that of HROT.

How about keeping all Trump post to a single Mega Trump thread? Same with all the threads about Comey, Pelosi, Steve King, etc, etc. Until that happens feel free to post repeat threads on cord cutting, QC pizza, the greatness of Casey's, and Ames' Awesome Water, to name a few subjects.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
I am switching to YouTube TV and Philo. Between the two, I will get pretty much the same package that I used to get with DirectTV. So far, so good.
At&T watch will get you there too, but it looks like Philo actually covers a bit more for about the same price. Hoping for an app that combine streaming services together so there's no switching back and forth.

Nope. I was going to go with YouTube, but no Hallmark was a deal breaker for my wife. We went with PS Vue and like it. The only bad thing is that we can't get the local Fox station on it, so I have to get creative when the Hawks play on that channel. It has Fox Demand for regular programming and FS1, but we can't get live sports from the local Fox channel.
Fox Sports app should get everything.

Fox Sports app should get everything.
I have fire stick and when I try to watch anything on the Fox Sports Go app it tells me to log in on my desktop or mobile device with a code they provide. So far, I haven't been able to get that to work on a tv, although the app works fine on my iPad and phone. I just got an hd antennae, and I can get the local Fox and NBC stations which I can't get live sports on with my streaming setup. Right now I just have it connected to one tv, but I want to see if I can connect it to my directv wiring in the attic so I we can watch those local channels on all our TVs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT