ADVERTISEMENT

Cybertruck

Let’s be honest…these things are ridiculous.

I’ve seen quite a few recently and every one of them looks 10 years old. The stainless steel looks like shit. A $100k vehicle.

Convince me otherwise.
I don't really have an opinion either way on the Cyber Truck, but why do you think they look 10 years old? To me they just look...weird lol.

Reactions: artradley
Im with OP, they don't so anything for me. Sure the performance is cool. Styling is different, but I don't think terribly attractive, the lines, meh. I've only been shot at once in my car decades ago, so paying extra for bulletproof windows isn't terribly appealing. Esp at that price point.

Let’s be honest…these things are ridiculous.

I’ve seen quite a few recently and every one of them looks 10 years old. The stainless steel looks like shit. A $100k vehicle.

Convince me otherwise.
rb4mcDS.png

Think it was personally designed by Elon. While Spectrumming out on the engineers.

Neighbor has one with black wrap on it. Has made comments about the bed being less functional than traditional truck beds. The angled sides, and the offset from the side, make loading and unloading near the cab difficult.

Neighbor has one with black wrap on it. Has made comments about the bed being less functional than traditional truck beds. The angled sides, and the offset from the side, make loading and unloading near the cab difficult.

Damn...that'd suck to have to crawl up into the bed anytime you want to load/unload something from just behind the cab. Someone didn't do any "market research" on how ppl typically use truck beds...

I’ve seen a few in person. They look even worse than in photos. The imperfections in the stainless sheet metal stick out like a sore thumb. Don’t see how this truck won’t be viewed as a colossal mistake by Tesla a few years down the road.

I live right by the factory, there are several rows of them out there brand new ready to ship. they are garbage. friend of mine worked there, said the body panels don't line up well and they are junk

I live right by the factory, there are several rows of them out there brand new ready to ship. they are garbage. friend of mine worked there, said the body panels don't line up well and they are junk
They don’t. And it is amplified by the attempt for a clean stainless look. Also the panels aren’t completely flat, they have sort of slightly bent imperfections, also amplified by the clean stainless look. Looks like total ass. I feel bad for anybody who spent a significant portion of their wealth on a Cybertruck.

Reactions: GOHOX69
They don’t. And it is amplified by the attempt for a clean stainless look. Also the panels aren’t completely flat, they have sort of slightly bent imperfections, also amplified by the clean stainless look. Looks like total ass. I feel bad for anybody who spent a significant portion of their wealth on a Cybertruck.
my friend who worked there said the cars he saw at the time, were such junk, and he used to work for honda, so he knows quality. he said honda would never have let them leave the factory. yet tesla sells them as a finsihed product. and let's them go on down the road.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Im with OP, they don't so anything for me. Sure the performance is cool. Styling is different, but I don't think terribly attractive, the lines, meh. I've only been shot at once in my car decades ago, so paying extra for bulletproof windows isn't terribly appealing. Esp at that price point.
I can only imagine the goofy lines in the design forced a lot of compromises.

To be able to clean sheet redesign some ‘truck’ aspects, but then confine yourself to that shape. Meh.

my friend who worked there said the cars he saw at the time, were such junk, and he used to work for honda, so he knows quality. he said honda would never have let them leave the factory. yet tesla sells them as a finsihed product. and let's them go on down the road.

Had an engineering friend that was a Kettering grad and had worked her way up in GM. Left during the Obama bailout because they wouldn’t renew her bonus laden contract. She went to Trane, then Honda. She told me that Honda’s defect acceptance was several decimal places to the right from GM.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Damn...that'd suck to have to crawl up into the bed anytime you want to load/unload something from just behind the cab. Someone didn't do any "market research" on how ppl typically use truck beds...

I had this same discussion when I was ordering a new stove this past week. With a 5 burner flat top where you have a large-M-small burner on the front left, it makes it almost impossible to use the back burner for anything but the smallest pots when you use a large up front. Just a bad design. And the manuf kind of said "screw you consumer......"

There is a great book about this, The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman.

Reactions: The Tradition
Is this actually true or is this just an exaggeration to make fun of it?

You have to use "Car Wash Mode" or you void the warranty.

In contrast, you apparently can just "drive around in heavy rain" w/o Car Wash Mode on....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT