ADVERTISEMENT

Cyclone Football is on fire

Just another example of how clown fans never let one of their arguments die. Does looney clown want a cookie?

I see clown fans on cryclown fanatic are back to obsessing about Connor. Must ignore that the kid had two hip surgeries this year and isn’t on scholarship. Naw it is better for the clown fan base to douche it up.

Must be that 5 star culture they are always touting.
*5 loss culture*

I know it is probably amusing because it is Iowa State, but we beat our Luther College for Josey Jewell. We also always have quite a few recruits each year that don’t even have a Div I offers or don’t have one from a Power 5 program. Say what you want about Iowa State, but like them or hate them, Campbell has turned them into a very respectable program.
Ok clone. When he turns a 2-star kid who's only offer was Luther into an All-American who gets drafted and ends up an NFL starter, come back and crow. For now though please leave.

• Haha
Reactions: NeverWasHawk
What was rating for Big 12 title game without Texas and OU in it? Better or worse than PAC 12 and ACC, that would be what the Big 12 would compare to not Big 10 or SEC

Correct on all accounts.

Ratings were:

SEC: 8.16
Big 10: 6.21
Big 12: 4.83
PAC12: 2.46
AAC: 2.04
ACC: 1.53

• Haha
Reactions: NeverWasHawk
Ok clone. When he turns a 2-star kid who's only offer was Luther into an All-American who gets drafted and ends up an NFL starter, come back and crow. For now though please leave.
Lol…. Hey, as good as KF and his staff are at developing talent, they are also good at finding kids who are under recruited. Let’s give a little credit to the athletes themselves for working so hard to put them in a position to get to that next level, also. I would think Iowa fans would be the last to make fun of the recruits of another program considering how successful we have been taking kids like that. Easy buddy…..take a deep breath.

I know it is probably amusing because it is Iowa State, but we beat our Luther College for Josey Jewell. We also always have quite a few recruits each year that don’t even have a Div I offers or don’t have one from a Power 5 program. Say what you want about Iowa State, but like them or hate them, Campbell has turned them into a very respectable program.

Meh. Wake me up when ISU starts putting more players into the NFL. And when some of those players actually do something in the league. The great recruiter and developer, Matt Campbell, has had four players drafted in six seasons at ISU. There are currently a whopping eight former Clowns in the NFL. That's pathetic. Plain and simple.

Meh. Wake me up when ISU starts putting more players into the NFL. And when some of those players actually do something in the league. The great recruiter and developer, Matt Campbell, has had four players drafted in six seasons at ISU. There are currently a whopping eight former Clowns in the NFL. That's pathetic. Plain and simple.

I think part of it is talent level, but another part is MC's system, philosophy, and scheme. Allen Lazard was a top-10, 4-5* WR recruit out of HS. Went to ISU, broke records, made 1st team All-Big 12, etc. Then what happened? He doesn't get drafted, signs as a UDFA, and lands on a practice squad. How's that happen? The guy had insane measurables, so instead of developing his other skills MC just figured we can throw it up his way and he'll outjump/outsize/outmuscle most Big 12 DBs. Good for ISU. Not good for AL. So when it came to route running, getting separation, footwork and mechanics, and other essential skills for a well-rounded WR, NFL clubs could see he was lacking. So his name doesn't get called on draft day. Then he gets into the League, gets a few years of good coaching focused on rounding out his skills set, and what happens? He's putting together a decent career as a pretty consistent contributor on a good NFL team.

I do think we'll see more ISU guys getting taken in the next year or two than they have seen in the last 5-10 years. Hopefully they're doing more to develop guys into the best overall players they can be instead of just figuring out how they can best use their existing skills to win games.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Doesn’t have to be NFL players for me. Matty boy needs to have players good enough to win national awards for their position in college. KF has had multiple Mackey and Outland Trophy winners. In addition he has also had players win the Davey O’Brian, Groza, Thorpe, Rimmington and Doak Walker awards.

God’s gift to coaching, Matty Campbell has ZERO.

I know this isn’t something isu fans want to talk about. Just more reality to ignore I guess.

The announcer of the Vikings game said ISMs TD last night was the first for a former Iowa reciever since 2007. Pretty sure the NFC North division leader has a former ISU reciever thats been regularly catching TDs for the last couple years...
Is he still making the league minimum? What round was he drafted? Did he win any national awards while at isu?

Oops must ignore.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
I think part of it is talent level, but another part is MC's system, philosophy, and scheme. Allen Lazard was a top-10, 4-5* WR recruit out of HS. Went to ISU, broke records, made 1st team All-Big 12, etc. Then what happened? He doesn't get drafted, signs as a UDFA, and lands on a practice squad. How's that happen? The guy had insane measurables,

Uhhh... no he didn't. He had a 4.6 40 at the combine which is why he didn't get drafted.

Reactions: M&Shawk
The announcer of the Vikings game said ISMs TD last night was the first for a former Iowa reciever since 2007. Pretty sure the NFC North division leader has a former ISU reciever thats been regularly catching TDs for the last couple years...
That’s like comparing Trinidad and Tobago to United States track and field, because they had one guy get a silver medal in the 200.

Doesn’t matter either way, your posts will give away who you are a fan of.

He's probably no different than the Clown trolls that start accounts here only to post laugh emojis at any and every post. What a sad way to exist. Six straight. Seven here soon enough. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Uhhh... no he didn't. He had a 4.6 40 at the combine which is why he didn't get drafted.

He ran a 4.56. That 40 time along with his size aren't going to render a guy undraftable unless there are other issues with his skill set. Sorry.

I think part of it is talent level, but another part is MC's system, philosophy, and scheme. Allen Lazard was a top-10, 4-5* WR recruit out of HS. Went to ISU, broke records, made 1st team All-Big 12, etc. Then what happened? He doesn't get drafted, signs as a UDFA, and lands on a practice squad. How's that happen? The guy had insane measurables, so instead of developing his other skills MC just figured we can throw it up his way and he'll outjump/outsize/outmuscle most Big 12 DBs. Good for ISU. Not good for AL. So when it came to route running, getting separation, footwork and mechanics, and other essential skills for a well-rounded WR, NFL clubs could see he was lacking. So his name doesn't get called on draft day. Then he gets into the League, gets a few years of good coaching focused on rounding out his skills set, and what happens? He's putting together a decent career as a pretty consistent contributor on a good NFL team.

I do think we'll see more ISU guys getting taken in the next year or two than they have seen in the last 5-10 years. Hopefully they're doing more to develop guys into the best overall players they can be instead of just figuring out how they can best use their existing skills to win games.
A few years of good coaching? He joined the league in 2018. He was in the starting lineup midway through 2019, his second season.

And since you guys brought it up.........I have no problem with using NFL experience as an indicator of how talented players are, but I do have a problem with the implication that preparing a player for the pros is a principal aim of college coaches.

A few years of good coaching? He joined the league in 2018. He was in the starting lineup midway through 2019, his second season.

And since you guys brought it up.........I have no problem with using NFL experience as an indicator of how talented players are, but I do have a problem with the implication that preparing a player for the pros is a principal aim of college coaches.

Surprise, nobody said that. Producing a lot of NFL players sort of goes hand in hand with what occurs at a university though. Nobody develops talent better than the coaches in Iowa City. Period.

Lol, right, it's not like developing your players so they're NFL ready would have any positive impact on your program's success.

Apologies, next account I'll be sure to go with a clever name like CyzFan so no one confuses my true allegiance... [eyeroll.gif]

its-tricky-run-dmc.gif

He ran a 4.56. That 40 time along with his size aren't going to render a guy undraftable unless there are other issues with his skill set. Sorry.

Here is his draft profile from NFL.com:

Lazard has been a productive, four-year player who relies on his size and strength to muscle Big 12 cornerbacks around when making the contested catch. Lazard is a possession receiver, but his lack of play speed and athletic ability could make separating from NFL cornerbacks a difficult challenge. With his size and toughness, a switch to pass-catching tight end might give him a better shot at having a productive NFL career.

That prospect profile is the exact opposite of "insane measurables".

Surprise, nobody said that. Producing a lot of NFL players sort of goes hand in hand with what occurs at a university though. Nobody develops talent better than the coaches in Iowa City. Period.

Agreed, Iowa is the best or among the best. That is what makes the comparison kind of dumb IMO.

Here is his draft profile from NFL.com:

Lazard has been a productive, four-year player who relies on his size and strength to muscle Big 12 cornerbacks around when making the contested catch. Lazard is a possession receiver, but his lack of play speed and athletic ability could make separating from NFL cornerbacks a difficult challenge. With his size and toughness, a switch to pass-catching tight end might give him a better shot at having a productive NFL career.

That prospect profile is the exact opposite of "insane measurables".

Agreed, Iowa is the best or among the best. That is what makes the comparison kind of dumb IMO.
6'4 and 227 with nearly 10" hands for a WR are insane measurables. Many felt he ran faster than expected at the combine and helped his draft stock. Doesn't change the fact that at ISU he didn't develop the rest of his skills, and when he got onto an NFL practice squad with NFL coaches, he did. Good for him.

I looked it up just out of curiosity, some of the players who ran a sub 4.55 40 as a WR and where they ended up in the 2021 draft:

Jose Blancato: Undrafted
Brennan Eagles: Undrafted
Frank Darby: 6th Round
Whop Philyor: Undrafted
Tre Walker: Undrafted
Jonathan Adams Jr.: Undrafted
Damon Hazelton: Undrafted
Adam Krumholz: Undrafted
Adrian Hardy: Undrafted
Brandon Smith: Undrafted
Tyler Vaughns: Undrafted
Brandon Mack: Undrafted
Warren Jackson: Undrafted
Isaiah McKoy: Undrafted
Khalil McClain: Undrafted
Damonte Coxie: Undrafted

I stopped there. I'm not a scientist but it appears running a 4.55 or below 40 time as a WR has a pretty profound effect on your draftability.

I looked it up just out of curiosity, some of the players who ran a sub 4.55 40 as a WR and where they ended up in the 2021 draft:

I stopped there. I'm not a scientist but it appears running a 4.55 or below 40 time as a WR has a pretty profound effect on your draftability.

In Lazard's 2018 NFL draft here were the guys drafted who ran 4.55 or slower:

Jaleel Scott, 4.56
J'Mon Moore, 4.6
Dylan Cantrell, 4.59
Cedrick Wilson Jr., 4.55
Marcel Ateman, 4.62
Auden Tate, 4.68
Trey Quinn, 4.55

And here were the guys who ran very close to 4.55 who were also drafted:

Javon Wims, 4.53
James Washington, 4.54
Courtland Sutton, 4.54
Ray-Ray McCloud, 4.53
Chris Lacy, 4.51
Michael Gallup, 4.51

That's 7 WRs who ran 4.55 or slower, and 6 WRs who ran just under 4.55 ... 13 total... who were drafted in 2018 alone. You trying to say that Lazard's 40 time is the only reason he didn't get drafted is just silly.

Last edited:
In Lazard's 2018 NFL draft here were the guys drafted who ran 4.55 or slower:

Jaleel Scott, 4.56
J'Mon Moore, 4.6
Dylan Cantrell, 4.59
Cedrick Wilson Jr., 4.55
Marcel Ateman, 4.62
Auden Tate, 4.68
Trey Quinn, 4.55

And here were the guys who ran very close to 4.55 who were also drafted:

Javon Wims, 4.53
James Washington, 4.54
Courtland Sutton, 4.54
Ray-Ray McCloud, 4.53
Chris Lacy, 4.51
Michael Gallup, 4.51

That's 7 WRs who ran 4.55 or slower, and 6 WRs who ran just under 4.55 ... 13 total... who were drafted in 2018. You trying to say that Lazard's 40 time is the only reason he didn't get drafted is just silly.
Hey now if you pick and choose the right data for certain and select time frames, clown fan argument tend to hold true . If however you look at “reality” well then all bets are off.

Only cherry picked data from a clown fan can be used. Everything else must be ignored. For proof just take a look at cryclown fanatic. The only site that can make “flat Earthers” seem logical.

Because clown fans say so.

10 in 39 games. Decent. Has a ways to go to catch the D2 guy for the Vikings. 49 in 117.

You are absolutely correct.

Well, it is up there as any teacher wants their pupil regardless of the subject (including football) to aspire to their highest level.

Reactions: BBHawk
Isn't the ratio of Iowa players in the NFL vs. Clowns about ten to one? Probably more than that.
Below is a list from NCAA that shows the number of players on active rosters at the beginning of this season. Iowa had 33 and ISU had 3.......so 10-1 was close. The Clowns were tied with other powerhouse programs like East Carolina, Eastern Michigan, & Middle Tenn St. If I was a coach recruiting against them, stating that fact has to be a HUGE red flag.

This doesn't list by position, but they don't have any TE's in the league.....correct? Yet multiple posters on Clownfanatic claim the title of TEU?? 😂 🤡

Kirk himself would give more credit for Josey's success to the most important coach on his staff.... Chris Doyle (his words) . Let's hope that continues now that he's gone.

I loathe Iowa State but MC hasn't had impressive classes minus this year yet he's still had FIVE guys named to AA teams in his 6 season. One was a guy he flipped from qb to linebacker late in his career. If you can't admit that's pretty amazing at a place like ISU you've consumed too much Kool aid

Below is a list from NCAA that shows the number of players on active rosters at the beginning of this season. Iowa had 33 and ISU had 3.......so 10-1 was close. The Clowns were tied with other powerhouse programs like East Carolina, Eastern Michigan, & Middle Tenn St. If I was a coach recruiting against them, stating that fact has to be a HUGE red flag.

This doesn't list by position, but they don't have any TE's in the league.....correct? Yet multiple posters on Clownfanatic claim the title of TEU?? 😂 🤡

Remind me where they keep the trophy for that again? 6 in a row is all that matters and that's plenty

Kirk himself would give more credit for Josey's success to the most important coach on his staff.... Chris Doyle (his words) . Let's hope that continues now that he's gone.

I loathe Iowa State but MC hasn't had impressive classes minus this year yet he's still had FIVE guys named to AA teams in his 6 season. One was a guy he flipped from qb to linebacker late in his career. If you can't admit that's pretty amazing at a place like ISU you've consumed too much Kool aid
Five? So the same number of consensus All Americans that Iowa has had in that time frame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT