ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Wannstedt says he has heard ISU and Kansas to Big Ten

Is there a theoretical way this happens if ISU and Kansas agree to permanently take a smaller share of revenue than the current members? Would they be desperate enough to say, "we understand we can't add the value you need, what if we accept a smaller share of revenue than current member schools?"

Not sure if that's even possible. But in theory it kind of makes sense to me. They already do it with Texas and OU anyways.
That would only create a built in instability. That’s just what the Big12 has had the last 10 years. KU and ISU may see that as a good deal now, but would they be satisfied with it 10 or 20 years down the road?

Is there a theoretical way this happens if ISU and Kansas agree to permanently take a smaller share of revenue than the current members? Would they be desperate enough to say, "we understand we can't add the value you need, what if we accept a smaller share of revenue than current member schools?"

Not sure if that's even possible. But in theory it kind of makes sense to me. They already do it with Texas and OU anyways.
Sure…..let them in on the condition they permanently only get 1/10 the revenue and must play all conference games on the road. And must play Ohio State and Penn State every year.

We have already heard from multiple sources there is no interest in the Big 12 leftovers, but but but Dave Wannsted says!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how the best response he can come up with is that Iowa didn’t make the Final Four in basketball last year……while ISU won a whopping 2 games total.

You really can’t make this stuff up!
They literally are like little brothers. The I know you are but what am I f-ing imbeciles that they are.

Reactions: Tunadog and 83Hawk
It’s going to be MORE fun watching the meltdown here if ISU is in the B1G. Wailing. Gnashing of teeth. It will almost be biblical.
And if you're not invited to join the BIG, you'll be all...

hanging-clown.gif

Kansas Basketball makes more money than some B1G Schoola do in Football.
What?

I have never heard anything close to this. Do you have anything suggesting this is true? I suspect it is not.

edit: after doing research, what I read in the past appears to be true. Kansas football is worth about 2x what Kansas basketball is worth. Let alone the value of B1G programs.

Where did you read/hear your info?

Last edited:
1) Adding these five schools to the B1G/ACC/Pac 12 alliance is five more votes against the SEC.
2) Unlike in SEC country, academics/research is still bigger than athletics for the B1G/ACC/Pac 12. There have been recent comments from the B1G that may have signaled the move.

1. Those 5 schools are already voting against the SEC. Or do you think they're voting in favor of the league that just stole Texas and OU?

2. ISU and Kansas would be the two of the three worst schools in the B1G, with Nebraska. They reduce the conferences academics. They do not improve the league in any way.

Simply not going to happen.

2) Unlike in SEC country, academics/research is still bigger than athletics for the B1G/ACC/Pac 12. There have been recent comments from the B1G that may have signaled the move.
Even if I concede this point, please explain WVU to the ACC and OSU, KSU to the PAC. Those conferences would not associate with those schools due to academics.

So 2/3 of The Stache's statement have just been blown up. Now we're supposed to believe the final 3rd, that the BIG would add two of the historically worst programs in CFB history, one that overlaps current BIG territory, and who reduce the amount of each school's payout because of academics. I think The Stache spoke out of his arse.

The only relationship between Fox Sports and the Big Ten is media rights and the network. They have absolutely no input into conference membership. Anything Dave W heard was third hand. I surmise this is more conjecture on a few media personalities than anything else.

We have already heard from multiple sources there is no interest in the Big 12 leftovers, but but but Dave Wannsted says!!!!!!!!!!!
Right now clone fans every where talking about how smart and credible Wannstedt is. Any person who tweets or post anything related to ISU and Big 10 in a favorable opinion they take it and run with it.

Here is what is on the Big 10's website about the alliance. Nothing real Earth shattering besides what has been discussed about scheduling agreements in the future.

Reactions: natchrlman
Right now clone fans every where talking about how smart and credible Wannstedt is. Any person who tweets or post anything related to ISU and Big 10 in a favorable opinion they take it and run with it.
Actually not. Just another discussion topic amongst Clone fans.

Look, to me this is just one more of dozens of speculations out there, 99% of which are just that--speculation.

I would bet there are a lot of discussions going on behind the scenes to find landing spots for the eight teams. And, I would bet they'll be in P5 conferences.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in reality--not a whole hell of a lot I can do about it, and at nearly 60 years of age, I learned a while back to worry about what I can do something about.

Besides, as a lifelong Milwaukee Bucks fan, and having had season ticket packages since the 70's when my dad had them, I'm still riding a high from July. And, looks like Brewers could have a nice fall run.

Life if just fine...Dave Wannstedt or no Dave Wannstedt.

And, in the end, I doubt Dave's going to be the one to break the final happening.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
Both TV sets that adds to the footprint are excited.

basketball isn’t worth worrying about when it comes to money.

Last point is not entirely true. Illinois-Iowa in the BTT drew more than a lot of B1G football games in 2019. However, what’s absolutely true is that basketball ALONE can’t make a school worth it. And that’s all KU brings to the table. Hell, I think BTN might even already be on cable in the KC market.

Here is what is on the Big 10's website about the alliance. Nothing real Earth shattering besides what has been discussed about scheduling agreements in the future.

Notice how many times in the press release they mention "current" scheduling arrangements. Once those "current" contracts are up they will be done and we're scheduling ACC/PAC teams. Love it. Once this takes effect there is no reason to schedule ISU unless it's a one off game every 4-5 years or so at Kinnick.

If Barta re-ups a contract sending Iowa to Ames for a game he's going to hear about it from a lot of angry Iowa fans.

Reactions: shudaddy
I would not outright dismiss this possibility. The formidable strategic acumen and strategic planning capabilities that Kevin brings to the table can clear the way to make this happen

If you're worried about that, as it stands now, drop Iowa and add ISU.

Your delusions continue.

And I thought your posts from January were crazy.

January 2021: Well, there was your forfeit this year...when y'all decided to pack up your football, and run home crying.

January 2021: I really don't care where a piece of hardware lies.

You guys said you're not playing. That equals a:

FORFEIT

January 2021: ISU lost to Louisiana this year and it meant everything...according to the geniuses on this board, never mind that we beat you 2-0 in 2021.

Even if I concede this point, please explain WVU to the ACC and OSU, KSU to the PAC. Those conferences would not associate with those schools due to academics.
The ACC added Louisville so I think they have lowered the bar considerably since turning their nose up at WVU.

Also, WV would be 4th in ratings and 5th in attendance in the ACC right now. They are worthy of discussion if the ACC is serious about improving their football profile.

So the SEC's move earns each of their schools millions more in revenue and a chance to modernize their scheduling, and you think the B1G schools are gonna be happy if the response involves a pay cut and 2 traditionally terrible programs...because yay unity?

I'm sorry but this whole thread is bananaland bat shit crazy. The media narrative would be so insanely harsh to the B1G in response it would probably actively hurt recruiting efforts for our current programs. It would be an unequivocal failure and an absolute laughing stock right out of the gate.
The B1G clearly would become a less dominant force by adding Clown U

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT