ADVERTISEMENT

Day 35: No practice; what will sport look like ahead?

cidsports

HR King
So, NASCAR had their first causality of virtual racing in the news. "N" word nastiness.

In my final days on Hawkeye Report, we speculate about the past and future. Yep, with 2020 headed the direction it is in, I am planning to hang it up.
  • Twenty one years of Kirk
  • What if Bob Stoops would have selected Iowa?
  • Twenty years of Hayden
  • Five years of Commings
  • 46 seasons at Kinnick Stadium coming to an end in 2020
Wow, I am in the camp that sport in 2020 is likely done. Right or wrong, I am there and it is time to do something else.

The Ticket Office called a couple of times in 2020 seeking a ticket sale. I bought a small package and attended 3 games in 2019. Wow, 46 straight seasons and we are on the brink of no college sports this fall?

I don't see games ahead with COVID-19 impacting our society right now, the way it is around the globe.

A virtual NFL Draft seems surreal to think about, as one board is speculating both Wirfs and Epenesa headed to the same NFL team, as first and second round choices, respectively.

No, Nathan Stanley anywhere, in the 7 round NFL draft? Not a good season to go undrafted?

Virtual tryouts ahead?

Well, @TomKakert and @Blair Sanderson run a great site. Since 2001, I have spent far too much time in the Lounge, getting the occasional inside scoop.

We can't even go to our barber to talk sports right now.

Lord help us, this pandemic has been a grind, emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Sports have served as a distraction in Life over the years. USA Today noted it is Day 35, when I did a quick Google search.

Who is counting?

peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News