ADVERTISEMENT

Deacon Hill QB1 for spring ball

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

Yeah yeah I know “it’s only the spring depth chart” Iowa should not be in this position. When drafted Nate Stanley said he wasn’t coached up on fundamentals at Iowa and it’s pretty clear nobody at the QB position has been for awhile.

Worst quarterback in the country for ball security last year, folks.

Reporters, calibrate your questions accordingly.
Worst QB in the country PERIOD! It’s ridiculous that he is anywhere near the top 4. He is not a division 1 QB. It shows how terrible the recruiting at this position has been . Would they just stop this water boarding to everyone involved.

there are other twitter posts out there saying it's only because Cade is out, of course

regardless it's pathetic
Right, understand that but they can’t pretend he’s even our second best option. I’m sorry, Lainez is flat out better. I don’t think he’s a savior but Deacon Hill is just that bad. He makes Petras look like TB12. Between those two I legit think they are the worst P5 qbs to start multiple games in history. That’s not hyperbole either!

I'm done with Iowa football as long as this guy is #1
Last couple years I've watched the first few games and then stopped for the remainder of the season. Not out of some sort of protest, it just wasn't fun to watch. Well, the defense definitely was fun.

Edit to add that I tuned in for the Michigan game, which was a poor decision.

Last edited:
Oh I bet you ain't.
That is why they have game recaps so You do not have to suffer thru 3 hours of KF flipping stereo birds to the entire Fanbase and Alumni population by saying Hill is even worthy of a scholarship yet alone playing even a single practice snap at a P5

Reactions: destro72
Did they say if they’d been splitting time with the 1s, or if that had been primarily Hill?

I’m not shocked completely if they’ve split reps, but would be if that was primarily Hill after last year. Especially since on paper they ought to be on same footing with learning a new offense.

The social media post said "getting reps". I am just hoping that Marco is getting a good share of reps and maybe another qb is getting 10% of reps. I am not going to scream about this if Hill gets 50-Marco gets 40 and another qb gets 10 percent of the reps.

Let the better qb surface in the last 10 days of spring practice

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT