ADVERTISEMENT

Dead Last

Thunderlips71

HR Heisman
Oct 29, 2014
Iowa’s O is ranked 131st (out of 131 teams) in total offense at 158 ypg.

The second-worst offense, Colorado St., averages 232.5 ypg so that tells you just how far behind the pack Iowa is.

We had a talented WR named Charlie Jones, and it was like dating Kate Upton. She eventually told us she felt the relationship was stagnating, but loved us and wanted to make it work, and suggested we go out more often for some romance and excitement. We told her we’d rather spend Saturdays sitting on the couch watching C-SPAN, Lawrence Welk, and PBS. She dumped us and is now dating one of our friends. We see he wearing low-cut dresses and looking sexier than ever, having the time of her life. We’re sitting on our asses and asking “how could she dump me like that?”

A real AD would meet with Kirk today and demand he fire Brian and the Oline coach. If the answer is no, then pay off Kirk and promote Woods to head coach. Pay Lavar 2 million less than Kirk and split that between Phil and a real O coordinator. I'm worried some SEC team is going to poach Parker with $1.5 million and the chance to coach D on a national championship contender. Then where would we be?

There is no circumstance in which being this bad on offense is acceptable.

Yes, we know Iowa is never going to be a high-octane offense under KFz. And I am fine with that. And yes, we have been hit hard by injuries and attrition, so we might not have expected this to be a stellar offensive year, even by Iowa’s standards.

But there’s no way we should be this bad. (Especially when all the signs were there last year.) It’s a long season, and I generally believe that coaches deserve to be evaluated over the entirety of a season, so I’m usually not an advocate of in-season changes. But there is plenty of evidence right now that what we are doing on offense is failing badly. Historically bad.

Last edited:
dance-shoulders-indian.gif

There is no circumstance in which being this bad on offense is acceptable.

Yes, we know Iowa is never going to be a high-octane offense under KFz. And I am fine with that. And yes, we have been hit hard by injuries and attrition, so we might not have expected this to be a stellar offensive year, even by Iowa’s standards.

But there’s no way we should be this bad. (Especially when all the signs were there last year.) It’s a long season, and I generally believe that coaches deserve to be evaluated over the entirety of a season, so I’m usually not an advocate of in-season changes. But there is plenty of evidence right now that what we are doing on offense if failing badly. Historically bad.
And KF’s adage, “your record says what you are” should be used after this season as reason to make whole sale changes on the offensive side of the ball.

Just got to clean some things up and we’ll be averaging 200yd per game in no time!
I mean, that’s football! The team has had a couple good weeks of practice just not translating to the field.
I’m sure it will go something like this. No need of mention the nepotism that is ruining this team.

• Wow
Reactions: Kurt Warner
Hey, Spencer's QB ranking improved after this game! He went from dead last (131/131) up one notch to 130/131. 😏

(You have to keep hitting "Show More" several times until it loads the bottom of the rankings.)
To be fair the #131 guy hasn’t taken every f’n snap like Petras

The second-worst offense, Colorado St., averages 232.5 ypg so that tells you just how far behind the pack Iowa is.

We had a talented WR named Charlie Jones, and it was like dating Kate Upton. She eventually told us she felt the relationship was stagnating, but loved us and wanted to make it work, and suggested we go out more often for some romance and excitement. We told her we’d rather spend Saturdays sitting on the couch watching C-SPAN, Lawrence Welk, and PBS. She dumped us and is now dating one of our friends. We see he wearing low-cut dresses and looking sexier than ever, having the time of her life. We’re sitting on our asses and asking “how could she dump me like that?”

Who is "he" that is "wearing low-cut dresses and looking sexier than ever"?

• Wow
Reactions: Kurt Warner

We just haven't seen enough of this shite show, ANY OTHER P5 school would have fired their OC last year, let alone after this weekend.

But there’s no way we should be this bad. (Especially when all the signs were there last year.) It’s a long season, and I generally believe that coaches deserve to be evaluated over the entirety of a season, so I’m usually not an advocate of in-season changes. But there is plenty of evidence right now that what we are doing on offense is failing badly. Historically bad.
[/QUOTE]

But according to some on here, just because we won the BIG West last year, everything is ok!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post of the day

Reactions: Lostgirl57

39e26a144fc5a45d60ab99a593b580816f-24-kate-upton-the-other-woman.rsquare.w700.jpg

Sure do miss Kate Upton, I mean Charlie or whatever

No surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT