ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Christie Sides,

The exact wording was, "how so?" The punctuation used is called a question mark
c60cfee6-797f-487d-8b53-85ab9e1a4658_text.gif

You are correct that CC is a great floor general. I also share the opinion that, most likely, it would help the Fever to increase their pace. But that's easier said than done. In pro ball, much of pace is generated from defense.

I also agree that it's the distance of 3's CC makes that has mesmerized people and led to most of the overrating, if that's what you're saying. It's like the many great dunkers over time that have been overrated. Their dunks are mesmerizing, but in the end only worth 2 points. Just like CC's long 3's are only worth 3 points.

But the awareness of the GOAT crowning of CC is an experience thing, not an opinion thing. I have certainly seen and heard it on a huge scale. I'm surprised to hear you say otherwise, but I won't question your experience. It also seems that WNBA players have experienced the mass GOAT crowning of CC. Unless I misinterpreted, I'll again use the example of Alyssa Thomas' teammate motioning an imaginary crown on top of her head after having beat the Fever
You keep moving the chains. This was about their coach being an idiot, and you started by disregarding all of that. After everyone pointed out that it was clear that Sides ran no resemblance of offense whatsoever, you decided to talk down to everyone like we're all crowning her the wnba goat. Wtf? I don't even think you know what you're arguing about.

I can agree it may seem ridiculous to complain after 2 games and 12 days of practice.... but did you watch ANY of that? To come out of this wave of CC momentum and to completely neuter her off the bat is absolutely mind boggling.

She can save her job by giving her the keys, sitting back and looking smart.

You keep moving the chains. This was about their coach being an idiot, and you started by disregarding all of that. After everyone pointed out that it was clear that Sides ran no resemblance of offense whatsoever, you decided to talk down to everyone like we're all crowning her the wnba goat. Wtf? I don't even think you know what you're arguing about.

I can agree it may seem ridiculous to complain after 2 games and 12 days of practice.... but did you watch ANY of that? To come out of this wave of CC momentum and to completely neuter her off the bat is absolutely mind boggling.

She can save her job by giving her the keys, sitting back and looking smart.
The one thing for sure is that you don't know what I'm arguing

You are correct that CC is a great floor general. I also share the opinion that, most likely, it would help the Fever to increase their pace. But that's easier said than done. In pro ball, much of pace is generated from defense.

I also agree that it's the distance of 3's CC makes that has mesmerized people and led to most of the overrating, if that's what you're saying. It's like the many great dunkers over time that have been overrated. Their dunks are mesmerizing, but in the end only worth 2 points. Just like CC's long 3's are only worth 3 points.

But the awareness of the GOAT crowning of CC is an experience thing, not an opinion thing. I have certainly seen and heard it on a huge scale. I'm surprised to hear you say otherwise, but I won't question your experience. It also seems that WNBA players have experienced the mass GOAT crowning of CC. Unless I misinterpreted, I'll again use the example of Alyssa Thomas' teammate motioning an imaginary crown on top of her head after having beat the Fever
.on a huge scale but from where? Like I said--young girls showing up at games began this goat thing--the media took it and ran so Thomas doing the imaginary crown thing was an example of her listening to national media people debating something that iowa or clark had nothing to do with.
and now we have this jealousness coming from players that have been playing because of it for whatever reason---they are tired of hearing it--but the fact remains womens bball only has taken off because she began making the logo 3's and NBA players recognized it and put it out there on social media...
Taurasi says hey we have been playing for 27 yrs--well yah--and no one cared until clark--so I would tell her to put that in her pipe.....

.on a huge scale but from where? Like I said--young girls showing up at games began this goat thing--the media took it and ran so Thomas doing the imaginary crown thing was an example of her listening to national media people debating something that iowa or clark had nothing to do with.
and now we have this jealousness coming from players that have been playing because of it for whatever reason---they are tired of hearing it--but the fact remains womens bball only has taken off because she began making the logo 3's and NBA players recognized it and put it out there on social media...
Taurasi says hey we have been playing for 27 yrs--well yah--and no one cared until clark--so I would tell her to put that in her pipe.....
I didn't question your experience. Not sure why you're questioning mine.

Does national media not count or something? Is that not a large scale? Maybe the first you heard of the GOAT crowning was from little girls but where do you think they got it from?

It's been happening for almost two years. Long before CC was evening approaching her college records. Have your heard any other women's basketball player referred to as the GOAT during that time span?

I've had the argument with several people who insist CC is the GOAT (including pro and olympic players).

Maybe you just haven't been as sensitive to it, but in case you haven't noticed, people these days act like it's their duty on earth to label things the GOAT

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
Best college player. People always forget that and take it personally.
That's because people have rarely bothered to make that distinction.

Plus the fact that many say CC is the greatest of all players, not just college.

How many times does this have to be covered?

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
Sides finally made a good coaching decision by sitting Caitlyn in an unwinable game.

Save her for a game where you can be competitive

Sides finally made a good coaching decision by sitting Caitlyn in an unwinable game.

Save her for a game where you can be competitive
And then threw her own team under the bus for lack of effort after the game. They're utterly lost out there, and that's not because of effort. She doesn't know how to coach and she doesn't know how to lead. The team appears toxic to each other, and if they don't care it's entirely because of Sides. She should be fired. Today.

And then threw her own team under the bus for lack of effort after the game. They're utterly lost out there, and that's not because of effort. She doesn't know how to coach and she doesn't know how to lead. The team appears toxic to each other, and if they don't care it's entirely because of Sides. She should be fired. Today.
Can't disagree.

Reactions: Sandistar
Phoenix isn't a good match-up for the Fever either. Kahleah Copper is 3rd in the league in scoring & they'll struggle to defend her. Cloud is a veteran PG with multiple all defensive team awards who averages 10 pts & 7 assists per game. Indiana will need to win the rebounding battle & have 3 players around 20 pts to stay in this one.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT