ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Iowa Dudes

Nihilist Rodgers

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
is it safe to say that 2020 pretty much sucks a$$? It appears as though your team is now being held hostage. I'm not even sure I feel like watching football this year.

Most importantly, Wadley isn't even a top 15 back in Iowa history.

It sucks because he was my favorite player. His life hasn't gone the way he intended and I am guessing he is blaming Iowa now. Not a good idea because he could have rode his popularity (I think) in another career. I really have no idea if that is true through.

And yes 2020 sucks. Two more days and we start trending towards 2021.

Wadley was bitching about Brian yelling at him about a parking spot..dipshit parked in KF’s spot..entitled 2star take your ball and go home. F him and his momma

Reactions: Thunderlips71
is it safe to say that 2020 pretty much sucks a$$? It appears as though your team is now being held hostage. I'm not even sure I feel like watching football this year.

Most importantly, Wadley isn't even a top 15 back in Iowa history.

The team will be fine, they're not in a hostage situation with Akrum and his mom. I loved Akrum as a player, but when one doesn't reach the goals they set then it's time for some introspection and to re-evaluate what your goals and priorities are. That time has come for Akrum and his mom.

Reactions: warriors dad
Being born and bread in New Jersey I am shocked with his recent tweets whatever .. I also can’t bad mouth him as he saved Iowa in many many ways but I am certain as others stated his life has kinda hit the shitter professionally or football wise but he’s a good kid I watched him play in HS many many times and new he was a great pickup - I wish the best for him but to be changing stories over and over doesn’t bode well for him and his character- hopefully he can get a break and get back in the NFL.. his true dream

2020....the year that lacks accountability.

Wadley wasn't good enough for the CFL muchless the NFL....now he has to find blame in that.

Credit to him for trying to tap into the settlement money of the Unviersity. I'm hoping "counsel" has educated him in the respect that throwing these accusations can cause him deeper financial trouble...more so set than him hitting up fans for autographs and pocketing their money.

To be fair to Wadley, we can't say he wasn't good enough for the CFL. He was offered a deal there, but instead opted to attempt to collect his year two money from his AAF contract despite the league folding. There were a handful of players that thought there would be a lawsuit to get the year two money even after the league closed it's doors. Everyone in that league had two year contracts unless you signed with an NFL team, but upon closing, everyone was released outright. This new expose isn't his first attempt to get something for nothing. (I guess soliciting money from fans for non-delivered autographs fits is M.O. as well.)

I think 2020 has been great for Iowa football. The perceived progressive stance by the coaching staff, athletic department, and school, and the notion that they were first to initiate change, has solidified two recruiting classes and will pay dividends going forward. You'll always have a few malcontents like DJK and Wadley that were told since peewees they'd be making millions in the NFL, only to not have the discipline to get there and then blame people for their own shortcomings.

Being born and bread in New Jersey I am shocked with his recent tweets whatever .. I also can’t bad mouth him as he saved Iowa in many many ways but I am certain as others stated his life has kinda hit the shitter professionally or football wise but he’s a good kid I watched him play in HS many many times and new he was a great pickup - I wish the best for him but to be changing stories over and over doesn’t bode well for him and his character- hopefully he can get a break and get back in the NFL.. his true dream

He might be a good kid, but several of his former classmates have stated that he was very lazy and had made it a point that Iowa was only a pit stop before the NFL. I think someone was also saying he had a 1.4 GPA. He may just be a bad student, but his attitude towards his classmates speaks volumes to me.

And again, he stole money from fans. If you don't know, he "sold" a bunch of signed merchandise to fans and then never delivered. I'm not sure off hand how many times this happened, but it's notorious enough that it must have happened at least a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT