ADVERTISEMENT

Do you college football fans fondly remember the classic 1993 movie The Program?

Came out when I was in middle school. Watched it everyday during high school two a days. Feel like I could quote the whole movie. Also haven't seen it probably since said high school two a days, I'm now afraid to watch it and lose my very very positive thoughts of it.

I think I've seen only one basketball movie, Semi-Pro

Football movies
Leatherheads
the original The Longest Yard
Jerry Maguire
The Water Boy
Horse Feathers, a Marx Brothers movie
You've never seen Hoosiers? That might be a first. Coach Carter is a pretty good one also.

The Program is cheesy and predictable, but it hit on some of the major aspects of college football that seem to get overlooked. Players in ties meeting boosters, players getting cash handshakes, laughable class schedules, tutoring/babysitting, coaches cleaning up messes, etc. Some parts of it are very good. The film had a solid cast too. The actors looked and moved like real major college athletes.

Well OP, you really don't want to watch Blue Mountain State. It sucked AND it didn't hold up over time.

But it's funny to see Thad Castle as Jack Reacher.

Reactions: Nole Lou
Had a Study Hall every Friday afternoon with my History Teacher/Assistant Football Coach and he'd always play The Program for us before games.

CSB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT