ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis to assist man charged with beheading Satanic Temple statue

How very gracious of you guys to follow the law.
Thanks.
That’s kind of my point. Dictators aren’t gracious and they don’t follow the law if they don’t want to. The fact that Rs grudgingly allowed the statue to be displayed is all the proof you need that they’re nowhere close to being dictators.

If they had thumbed their noses at the constitution and refused to allow the display then you would have a valid point. But I know how much you guys love hyperbole, so I’ll step aside now and let you get back to your circle jerk.

I guess I didn't hear any out cry from the SOC&S people when the display went up. It just seemed like all of a sudden because it bothered the right people, they were fine with it.
We didn’t beat it because it’s a dead horse. The unelected leaders of our government at the Supreme Court decided it was allowed. What’s the point of bitching about that now? Should the people who believe in separation be in an uproar every year at Christmas? I don’t understand. Am I being scored on this?

Reactions: cigaretteman
That’s kind of my point. Dictators aren’t gracious and they don’t follow the law if they don’t want to. The fact that Rs grudgingly allowed the statue to be displayed is all the proof you need that they’re nowhere close to being dictators.

If they had thumbed their noses at the constitution and refused to allow the display then you would have a valid point. But I know how much you guys love hyperbole, so I’ll step aside now and let you get back to your circle jerk.
Well except the R that didn't allow it and the other R with a non-zero chance of being president paying to defend him.

The Satanic Temple had every right under the law to display their statue and DeSantis should stay out of this issue and the guy who damaged it broke the law and should accept the consequences of doing so.

But let’s be honest here, this is exactly the outcome the Satanic Temple was hoping for. They don’t care about their statue. They don’t even believe in Satan. They just use the name and the imagery because they know it stirs up shit. Their whole purpose is to get religious displays off of government property. And this controversy is precisely what they wanted.
And according to the actions in this instance it was the Satanists protecting the people from the church. They should be applauded and thanked.

Reactions: HawkMD
Again, it's pretty hypocritical of both sides... I actually agree if you you're gonna allow it for Christianity or Judism or whatever you gotta let this one stand too.

But the let's perpetual argument has often been separation of church and state, but now that it triggers Republicans/Christians now it's totally okay to have this stuff in the capital
How stupid are you? The point is to show Christians how hypocritical they are for their demands to push overt religiosity in public institutions. It's a damned shame how many of them are too fanatical and/or dumb to understand this. They feel entitled to special treatment because they believe they are *the* good people

The hypocrisy here is being okay with it now because what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Either you want separation of church and state or you don't. I've already said if you're gonna allow other religious stuff in the capital you have to allow it all, even this crap.

Where are all the separation of church and state people on this? They're cheering it on.
Who is ok with it? Sure i want them out, but the only display i see the GOP clutching pearls about is the display from the satanic temple and nothing else.

Youre giving a pass to the christians who pushed for their displays to be placed there, while gaslighting “the left” because they are playing by the same rules that have been in play.

Last edited:
Again, it's pretty hypocritical of both sides... I actually agree if you you're gonna allow it for Christianity or Judism or whatever you gotta let this one stand too.

But the let's perpetual argument has often been separation of church and state, but now that it triggers Republicans/Christians now it's totally okay to have this stuff in the capital
Fwiw I didn't know much about satanists prior to this situation. I'm considering giving them some money now, so I guess it was more than just trolling?

The former R congressional candidate that tore it down.
You mean the guy who was the only Republican to enter the primary in a majority Black state house district and got stomped by 18 percentage points in the general election?

Quite the dictator, that guy.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
You mean the guy who was the only Republican to enter the primary in a majority Black state house district and got stomped by 18 percentage points in the general election?

Quite the dictator, that guy.
What dumb point are you trying to even make? Since not all Rs are dictators there is no need to worry about any Rs wanting to be dictators?

I'm not saying Trump or DeSantis want to be a dictator. Not worth debating. But your point is stupid.

What dumb point are you trying to even make? Since not all Rs are dictators there is no need to worry about any Rs wanting to be dictators?
You singled Cassidy out specifically as an example of Rs wanting to be dictators. He’s not in any position of authority over anyone.

LOL. Never stop being TJ. You’re in here pumping out the lube and offering a hand.

No. The left is telling the right that if they don't want a separation of church and state and attempt to impose the BS their preferred views on the rest of us, the right will have to suffer the BS of their non-preferred views as well. But I'm not surprised that you don't get it.

I refuse to believe that he has a college degree....his logic sucks

• Love
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Dictators don’t care about court orders. Dictators wipe their asses with court orders.

Some dictators these Republicans are, allowing a statue of Baphomet to be displayed in the state capitol like that. I guarantee there weren’t any menorahs in the Reichstag.
What has Kim done or said since the hired hand from Mississippi came in and enforced his Christian American religion?
Kim, as Governor, has a position of defending the Constitution of the State of Iowa and of the United States, first and foremost. Not just “lip Service”...
What would she be saying if a Satinist or Muslim would have walked into the Capitol and destroyed the Christian or Jewish holiday displays?
The Governor represents ALL the people of her state...she doesn’t have to like them but she better sure as hell be defending their tights...what’s the banner on the Iowa flag read? Something like “ our rights we prize and our liberties we will maintain”...Kim better start defending ALL Iowans and their rights. That lad from Mississippi needs to go to prison for a few years and pay on helluva fine.

What has Kim done or said since the hired hand from Mississippi came in and enforced his Christian American religion?
Kim, as Governor, has a position of defending the Constitution of the State of Iowa and of the United States, first and foremost. Not just “lip Service”...
What would she be saying if a Satinist or Muslim would have walked into the Capitol and destroyed the Christian or Jewish holiday displays?
The Governor represents ALL the people of her state...she doesn’t have to like them but she better sure as hell be defending their tights...what’s the banner on the Iowa flag read? Something like “ our rights we prize and our liberties we will maintain”...Kim better start defending ALL Iowans and their rights. That lad from Mississippi needs to go to prison for a few years and pay on helluva fine.
That's probably a bit extreme, but I'll say he deserves a fair trial of his peers or a plead deal.

No force him to do the Christian thing and make amends. Community Service work under the Satanic Temple’s supervision.
No...this religious RADICAL needs to go to prison, pay a hefty fine and get the hell out of Dodge when done!
Hiding behind the skirts of Christianity to cover one’s intolerance and ignorance is never defended as religious freedom in America.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
He needs to go to jail and pay a hefty fine! This shit needs to stop right now! Who do these religious zealots think they are? Phuque’m! Let them rot in jail/hell!
I thought you Dems believed that jail should be reserved for violent criminals?

This was a victimless crime. The guy should pay a fine and pick up trash along the highway for a week.

This was a victimless crime. The guy should pay a fine and pick up trash along the highway for a week.
Kinda what I was thinking, pay some restitution, that thing had to be worth like 6 bucks maybe 7 thanks to bidenomics

Intolerance and ignorance lead to the violence (attack against property). Just because it was not a hog shed, corn field, or automobile doesn’t excuse the violence. It’s time to stop coddling these religious nuts and treat them as the criminals they are. They are criminals a they violate the rights guaranteed to all Americans. You can’t choose whose rights your gonna protect and whose rights your gonna destroy.,

Intolerance and ignorance lead to the violence (attack against property). Just because it was not a hog shed, corn field, or automobile doesn’t excuse the violence. It’s time to stop coddling these religious nuts and treat them as the criminals they are. They are criminals a they violate the rights guaranteed to all Americans. You can’t choose whose rights your gonna protect and whose rights your gonna destroy.,
Joel's feelin' feisty today. The guy knocked over their little display, which is exactly what they were hoping someone would do. It's not like he firebombed their home office or something. No one was even remotely in danger of being injured. Stop being such a drama queen.

An attack on the First Amebdment is a far cry from a victimless crime, buddy boy. Thousands of Americans have died over the sanctity of our First Amendnent rights!
Are you here flaming or are you just that phuquing shallow?

An attack on the First Amebdment is a far cry from a victimless crime, buddy boy. Thousands of Americans have died over the sanctity of our First Amendnent rights!
The thing you dums don't get is the constitution doesn't grant you any rights, it simply restricts the government. The constitution was lived up to when they allowed that abomination to be erected. A private citizen performing vigilante actions is not a first amendment issue.

Nobody’s First Amebdment rights were harmed, buddy boy. This is exactly the response the Satanic Temple was hoping for. Again, they’re not Satanists at all. They don’t even believe in Satan. They use Satanic imagery because they know it evokes a strong response from Christians.

They resent any sort of religious display on public ground, so they stir up shit by starting after-school Satan clubs and putting statues of Baphomet in state capitols. They want a response. They want controversy. They want notoriety. And this knucklehead from Mississippi obliged them.

Fine him and make him clean up trash along the highway for a few days. But save jail space for people who actually pose a threat to society.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
The thing you dums don't get is the constitution doesn't grant you any rights, it simply restricts the government. The constitution was lived up to when they allowed that abomination to be erected. A private citizen performing vigilante actions is not a first amendment issue.
Are you an idiot? The constitution absolutely grants rights.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Nobody’s First Amebdment rights were harmed, buddy boy. This is exactly the response the Satanic Temple was hoping for. Again, they’re not Satanists at all. They don’t even believe in Satan. They use Satanic imagery because they know it evokes a strong response from Christians.

They resent any sort of religious display on public ground, so they stir up shit by starting after-school Satan clubs and putting statues of Baphomet in state capitols. They want a response. They want controversy. They want notoriety. And this knucklehead from Mississippi obliged them.

Fine him and make him clean up trash along the highway for a few days. But save jail space for people who actually pose a threat to society.
Absolutely someone’s rights were attacked here! If destruction of one’s icon is not an attack by untimidarion, what is it? I was planning on a Sunday trip to the Capitol to view the display…a family outing and a nice meal….. totally ruined by some red-necked Mississippi ass-hole who through his own ignorance and intolerance ruined my holiday season! Phuque him and his “religious objections”…what about MY rights, TJ? Why can’t U enjoy Christmas as I see fit? Why does some Christian bigot ass wipe have the right to deny me mine?

Why does some Christian bigot ass wipe have the right to deny me mine?
He doesn’t. That’s why I think he should have to pay a fine and pick up trash for a week.

This is not nearly as complicated as you’re trying to make it.

He doesn’t. That’s why I think he should have to pay a fine and pick up trash for a week.

This is not nearly as complicated as you’re trying to make it.
Republicans around the country are willing to pay his legal bills to get him off the hook. So it is kinda more complicated than a simple fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT