ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis to assist man charged with beheading Satanic Temple statue

He doesn’t. That’s why I think he should have to pay a fine and pick up trash for a week.

This is not nearly as complicated as you’re trying to make it.
Throw his ass in JAIL! Let him share a cell with a Muslim for a year or so. Fine him enough so he doesn’t ever come back to Iowa. Make him rehab and see the evil of his ways!

No, but they are willing to give him tens of thousands of dollars to defend against him destroying to cheap stupid statue.
So we agree that it was a cheap stupid statue. Perhaps we’re finally finding some common ground.

Do you agree that cleaning up trash or some other form of community service would constitute adequate punishment? Or do you believe as Joel does that he should go to jail?

Last edited:
Throw his ass in JAIL! Let him share a cell with a Muslim for a year or so. Fine him enough so he doesn’t ever come back to Iowa. Make him rehab and see the evil of his ways!
I can only imagine how lathered up you’d be right now if Mooney had held on to that Hail Mary pass.

So we agree that it was a cheap stupid statue. Perhaps we’re finally finding some common ground.

Do you agree that cleaning up trash or
some other form of comminity service would constitute adequate punishment? Or do you believe as Joel does that he should go to jail?
Why do you go out of your way to keep missing the point?

So prison, then. You believe he should go to prison for ruining the Baphomet statue.
He needs to go to prison to understand the gravity of his crime! He needs to understand that as an American citizen, you must understand and live by tge spirit and intent of the US Constitution. Because you have a butthurt does not allow you to act out against, unless you are ready for the consequences of your illegal actions.

A man from Arkansas was charged with a felony and faced a $100,000 bail for knocking over the ten commandments
Would you like to outline the differences in that case, including his history of vandalism and mental illness and online threats to Presidents Obama and Trump? And would you like to tell us how that case turned out?

Or would you like me to do it?

Would you like to outline the differences in that case, including his history of vandalism and mental illness and online threats to Presidents Obama and Trump? And would you like to tell us how that case turned out?

Or you can just admit that you will adhere to the hypocritical double standard of this story. Whatever suits you best.

Reactions: lucas80

The fact that The 10 Commandments on public property violates the Spirit of the US Constitution does not play well in Arkansas…. Another traitor state in the US. Tge guy was performing his duty as a loyal US citizen. But I am sure “southern regional evangelical butthurt” got some revenge for the patriotic Americans acting heroism.

The GOP is an anti American, anti Democracy domestic terrorist cult. All of it, all candidates all 🗑. Team 🇺🇸 act accordingly in November.

Or you can just admit that you will adhere to the hypocritical double standard of this story. Whatever suits you best.
So you're just going to blatantly disregard the fact that the Arkansas case had major differences.

Just to be clear, we're talking about Michael Tate Reed, correct?

In 2014, three years before he drove his car across the Arkansas capitol lawn and crashed it into the Ten Commandments monument, he was arrested for doing the same thing in Oklahoma. In that incident he first urinated on the monument, then crashed his car into it. That same year he was also arrested by Secret Service at the Oklahoma City federal building after he spit on portraits, set money on fire, and threatened to kill President Obama. He was ordered to undergo mental health treatment and was diagnosed with schitzoaffective disorder.

And while Reed faced a felony charge for destroying the statue in Arkansas, he was acquitted of the charge due to his mental health.

So you can try to pretend that the cases are identical, but they're not even close.

So you're just going to blatantly disregard the fact that the Arkansas case had major differences.

Just to be clear, we're talking about Michael Tate Reed, correct?

In 2014, three years before he drove his car across the Arkansas capitol lawn and crashed it into the Ten Commandments monument, he was arrested for doing the same thing in Oklahoma. In that incident he first urinated on the monument, then crashed his car into it. That same year he was also arrested by Secret Service at the Oklahoma City federal building after he spit on portraits, set money on fire, and threatened to kill President Obama. He was ordered to undergo mental health treatment and was diagnosed with schitzoaffective disorder.

And while Reed faced a felony charge for destroying the statue in Arkansas, he was acquitted of the charge due to his mental health.

So you can try to pretend that the cases are identical, but they're not even close.
So he faced felony charges for knocking over the statue but only got off by being mentally insane. Are you trying to prove me right here? Like I said, your hypocritical double standards know no bounds

Absolutely someone’s rights were attacked here! If destruction of one’s icon is not an attack by untimidarion, what is it? I was planning on a Sunday trip to the Capitol to view the display…a family outing and a nice meal….. totally ruined by some red-necked Mississippi ass-hole who through his own ignorance and intolerance ruined my holiday season! Phuque him and his “religious objections”…what about MY rights, TJ? Why can’t U enjoy Christmas as I see fit? Why does some Christian bigot ass wipe have the right to deny me mine?
This is why drunk posting is bad.

Are you an idiot? The constitution absolutely grants rights.
No, the constitution doesn't grant anything. It's the wall between the people and the government. It doesn't provide individual rights, it holds the government back from infringing on your inalienable rights.

The constitution doesn't grant you the right to speak, it protects you from being punished by the government for the things you say.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
So he faced felony charges for knocking over the statue but only got off by being mentally insane. Are you trying to prove me right here? Like I said, your hypocritical double standards know no bounds
It's almost impressive, the mental gymnastics you're capable of performing in order to convince yourself that two vastly disparate things are somecrazyhow the same.

One guy has a long history of mental illness and erratic public behavior. The other guy does not.

One guy was once arrested by Secret Service at a federal building for setting money on fire and threatening to kill the President. The other guy has not.

One guy drove his car across the state capitol lawn and crashed it into permanent monuments...twice. The other guy knocked over a statue that was intended to be displayed for two weeks.

One guy posed a clear threat to the public. The other guy does not.

The constitution doesn't say its okay to have a backyard barbecue... it says the government can't stop you from assembly.

The constitution doesn't give you a right to privacy, it restricts the government from illegal search and seizure of your property.

The constitution doesn't say you can have butt sex, but they can't jail you for brotherly love.

Personally, I think that is too light of a punishment. Death penalty is appropriate in this case. I am sure others will disagree with me though and thats fine.
As long as the same punishment applies to those who desecrated the kinnick statue... let's do it

Here's a case that actually is comparable to the Iowa case. In June 2020 in Kalispell, MT, a man was arrested after driving his truck onto the county courthouse lawn, wrapping a chain around a Ten Commandments monument, and dragging it off the property and into the street. He was charged with felony criminal mischief and a few months later he was convicted and given a three-year deferred prison sentence and ordered to pay $6900 restitution to the insurance company for damage repairs.

Would you be okay with the Iowa vandal getting a deferred jail sentence and paying restitution, Huey?

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Here's a case that actually is comparable to the Iowa case. In June 2020 in Kalispell, MT, a man was arrested after driving his truck onto the county courthouse lawn, wrapping a chain around a Ten Commandments monument, and dragging it off the property and into the street. He was charged with felony criminal mischief and a few months later he was convicted and given a three-year deferred prison sentence and ordered to pay $6900 restitution to the insurance company for damage repairs.

Would you be okay with the Iowa vandal getting a deferred jail sentence and paying restitution, Huey?
Did Dems foot the bill for him/start a GoFundMe?

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Did Dems foot the bill for him/start a GoFundMe?
Not that I’m aware of. But the monetary aspect is secondary to the punishment that must be completed by him alone.

I contend that community service is appropriate for the Iowa vandal, Huey and Joel demand imprisonment. Huey is adamant that his punishment must be comparable to someone damaging a Christian display. So here’s a recent example of a guy who damaged a Ten Commandments display and got a deferred prison sentence and I’m wondering if Huey would be fine with the Iowa vandal also getting a deferred sentence.

Because Huey is definitely not a hypocrite or anything.

Nope. This is a heinous crime of epic proportions and deserves death by pitbull or something close. Maybe even making him stay a week at @The Tradition manor.
I’m not sure those two punishments are compatible. After a week at Trad Manor the stench of stale cigarette smoke would be so strong that no pitbull would come near him.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
No, the constitution doesn't grant anything. It's the wall between the people and the government. It doesn't provide individual rights, it holds the government back from infringing on your inalienable rights.

The constitution doesn't grant you the right to speak, it protects you from being punished by the government for the things you say.
No. It guarantees the citizen the right to speak his mind free from any interference or restriction…governmental or vigil ante!

• Haha
Reactions: TJ8869
I’m of the mind that this fellow from Mississippi is mentally unstable and a potential threat to the public. Imagining that a deity is guiding your behavior and being so motivated by this delusion to travel across the country to destroy property is a red flag in my book. I certainly don’t think he should be allowed to own firearms, too risky IMO. I’d prefer he be evaluated for mental competency and committed involuntarily if necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT