ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else think that Moss

Looked like Bohannon got hit on the wrist just judging by his line drive shot that came up short.

Looking at the pictures would confirm this.

Reactions: unIowa
He posted something on twitter too, saying he got fouled. Getting attacked by MD fans.

I went to btn2go and watched the replay, and while I couldn't see for sure that Bohannon got hit, I think Moss has a real complaint. He clearly got hit in the body. Also, there wasn't enough time left for him to know, but it also looked like Moss could have landed and gone back up, but can't fault him for that given the timing, that's easy to see from my couch watching a video replay.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
It would have been huge for Isaiah's confidence had the shot gone in. This would have helped Iowa considerably besides just beating Maryland. Moss can do great things when he thinks he can. I hope he can get his mojo working again very soon.

Reactions: ZumaHawk and IAGuy
Meh. They deserved to lose. That last play was a debacle. I’d have liked to see JB as a decoy and Baer take the last shot.

Cook was wide open for a straight line drive to the basket once J-bo went to the top of the key. Looked like Cook was trying to set a high ball screen, but the double team forced Jordan away from that.

I went to btn2go and watched the replay, and while I couldn't see for sure that Bohannon got hit, I think Moss has a real complaint. He clearly got hit in the body. Also, there wasn't enough time left for him to know, but it also looked like Moss could have landed and gone back up, but can't fault him for that given the timing, that's easy to see from my couch watching a video replay.
Bohannon did not pull any punches in his post-game interview. He said he got hit on the forearm on the last shot attempt. He then said he guessed the forearm is part of the ball. If Fran would have said those things he would have gotten reprimanded by the commissioner.

Hind sight being 20/20, I would have like to have seen two things regarding that play. There was plenty of time to do a shot fake and get the defender in the air. Almost a sure shooting foul situation. The other would have been the old standby play of the Tom Davis era - the jump shooter taking a shot that is actually an alley-oop. Worked so often then and at the end of the game, everyone would be going for the rebound and not the recipient of the shot/pass.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I loved that shot fake-lob pass TD used so often and so well. At first I thought that was what JB was trying to do. But when I replayed it, I could see it was a shot and that, indeed, he was fouled. Someone posted a still pic that shows it plain as day. Luck ran out last night after Iowa had SO many chances to win this game much earlier. Just a bad offensive night. It happens. Just look around college basketball. Now destroy Indiana.

BTW: Iowa has lost games on last-second whistles, two of the most infamous from the Lute Olson era were @ Purdue and at the end of the third OT in the old Field House vs. Minny on a 40-foot heave when the Iowa guy (Mark Gannon) just stood there and waved at the shooter. So it does happen . . . Iowa was clearly fouled on both of its last two shots last night, but refs chose to swallow the whistles. That happens too.

I re-watched the whole think in slow motion three times and Moss was definitely fouled, Ayala almost tackled him. It also looked like JB was fouled initially, but the team played like the youngsters instead of the veteran team IMO.

Bohannon did not pull any punches in his post-game interview. He said he got hit on the forearm on the last shot attempt. He then said he guessed the forearm is part of the ball. If Fran would have said those things he would have gotten reprimanded by the commissioner.

14b1d2da-9dad-45ef-b1d0-5aa1ace47fec-190219-mbb_Maryland-001.JPG

Hard to argue with him as you can clearly see Cowan’s ring finger jammed into his arm. The shot came off exactly how you’d expect from a shooter who couldn’t follow through.

14b1d2da-9dad-45ef-b1d0-5aa1ace47fec-190219-mbb_Maryland-001.JPG

Hard to argue with him as you can clearly see Cowan’s ring finger jammed into his arm. The shot came off exactly how you’d expect from a shooter who couldn’t follow through.
sorry dude that pic does not show beyond a shadow of a doubt that he got fouled , maybe , maybe not .

sorry dude that pic does not show beyond a shadow of a doubt that he got fouled , maybe , maybe not .

Actually, it does, and someone else posted a better picture of it from a different angle. But even without video evidence, when was the last time you saw JB fire a line drive at the rim? Shooters don't "shoot" like that unless they have some help. JB was fouled. It wasn't called. Iowa lost. Those, my friend, are the facts. And to suggest otherwise would be to call Mr. Bohannon a liar, and I don't think you want to go there.

Actually, it does, and someone else posted a better picture of it from a different angle. But even without video evidence, when was the last time you saw JB fire a line drive at the rim? Shooters don't "shoot" like that unless they have some help. JB was fouled. It wasn't called. Iowa lost. Those, my friend, are the facts. And to suggest otherwise would be to call Mr. Bohannon a liar, and I don't think you want to go there.
do you really think he would admit it if he was not fouled ? i think i will go " there " . i think he lied .

Dude, if you can’t see a ring finger jammed in Bahannon’s arm, I don’t know what to tell you. You can see shadowing where JBo’s skin is being pushed in. Not sure that this is even debatable. Not to mention that the oddity of Cowan’s ring finger being bent as his middle and little finger are not.

2u7but.jpg

Dude, if you can’t see a ring finger jammed in Bahannon’s arm, I don’t know what to tell you. You can see shadowing where JBo’s skin is being pushed in. Not sure that this is even debatable. Not to mention that the oddity of Cowan’s ring finger being bent as his middle and little finger are not.

2u7but.jpg
Looks pretty clear to me.

Cowan pulled Bohannon's arm prior to the shot and then hit his shooting hand after the shot. Both fouls. Then Moss was pushed while attempting his shot. Another foul.

But somehow I'm not that mad about it. Just feels like we deserved to lose that game.

Reactions: TarrNationHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT