ADVERTISEMENT

Diner owner refuses SHS service on moral grounds

The owner had the right to do what she did. But on the flip side people defending that action is just astonishing. So you bar someone from eating in your restaurant because you don't agree with their politics? So you want to eliminate half of your customers. Doesn't seem very smart to me and kind of arrogant.

It's not about disagreeing with politics. It's more like punishing SHS for bad behavior. Do you take your kids to get ice cream after they've lied and treated other people poorly.

Not when one side honestly believes they are superior human beings to the other side and that the other side is pure evil. I wonder how many of our local lefties on here would celebrate if something terrible happened to our president? Huey, JOE, and torbee would hold parades in the streets.
Your statement is the exact same thing you are accusing the named posters of. If you think hrot lefties are so evil they would celebrate the death of someone, well that is just as evil a your assertion.

I will give you credit for not watching FOX or listening to am radio because if you did those things you would know that repubs are guilty of an orchestrated cabal of the exact same thing you accuse the dems on HROT of.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Not when one side honestly believes they are superior human beings to the other side and that the other side is pure evil. I wonder how many of our local lefties on here would celebrate if something terrible happened to our president? Huey, JOE, and torbee would hold parades in the streets.

Ding Dong the Witch is dead (or at least in prison).

I perused the first page of this thread but quickly decided to move on. Some of the actions and words of the left are the best examples of genuine moral depravity.

I wish I had that kind of power. Alas, I do not.

My rules are consistent, though. So that’s something.

I'll give you that they're consistent. It's just their consistently biased to your twisted way of thinking.

I perused the first page of this thread but quickly decided to move on. Some of the actions and words of the left are the best examples of genuine moral depravity.

Says the person who worships Trump and all of his actions. You need to work on your own morals before judging others.

I don't wish him harm, I just wish him gone..

I'll give you that they're consistent. It's just their consistently biased to your twisted way of thinking.
If no forcing someone to violate their principles is twisted then mark me down as twisted.

She abuses her power every day, documented on camera. I'd at least make her pay up front because she'd try and weasel out of the bill.

I DIDN'T ORDER THAT, WHAT I SAID WAS "I'D LIKE THAT" I NO TIME DID I STATE I ACTUALLY ORDERED THAT MEAL. - SHS probably

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Because a restaurant is a business of public accommodation. Why do I have to keep explaining this?

So is baking someone a cake.

You said, you believe in not forcing someone to violate their principles. But that isn't what you believe. You only believe it when it works in your favor. Typical Trump supporter.

Reactions: DrVenkman

You said, you believe in not forcing someone to violate their principles. But that isn't what you believe. You only believe it when it works in your favor. Typical Trump supporter.

To be clear, are you saying that both the cake maker and the owner of the restaurant should be able to refuse service?

To be clear, are you saying that both the cake maker and the owner of the restaurant should be able to refuse service?

I'm saying that if the cake maker can refuse service than the restaurant should be able to refuse service. Some of these posters feel it's ok for one but not the other. To me it's an all or nothing thing as long as it doesn't break any laws.

Remember when Northern's avatar was that fake image of sunlight bleeding through an American flag in the shape of a cross?

Reactions: Rudolph

Creating a custom designed cake for a specific occasion is not a public accommodation. Selling cakes and other baked goods out of a display case is a public accommodation. The Colorado baker offered to sell them anything they wanted to buy out of his display case but refused to bake a custom cake.

SHS had every right to sit down at a table and enjoy a meal with her family but she does not have a right to demand that the restaurant cater a party at her home. I believe this whether it “works in my favor” or it works against my favor. If you weren’t so f*cking stupid you might be able to comprehend the distinction.

SHS knowingly and willingly lies to her countrymen every single day. She’s been instrumental in harming trust in our free press. She’s a traitor in my book. She should be humiliated every opportunity people get to do so until she resigns and speaks out against this administration.

The cake thing was a narrow ruling. No precedent established. Federally, political affiliation is not a protected class. I don't know the local law on this one. I know some states have additional protected classes. I could be mistaken, but I think the "reserves the right to refuse service" thing is only a legal issue if it's based on a protected class.

I'm saying that if the cake maker can refuse service than the restaurant should be able to refuse service. Some of these posters feel it's ok for one but not the other. To me it's an all or nothing thing as long as it doesn't break any laws.

Bingo. This double edged sword cuts both ways.

Of course you think it’s all or nothing, because you’re utterly incapable of nuanced thought.

Creating a custom designed cake for a specific occasion is not a public accommodation. Selling cakes and other baked goods out of a display case is a public accommodation. The Colorado baker offered to sell them anything they wanted to buy out of his display case but refused to bake a custom cake.

SHS had every right to sit down at a table and enjoy a meal with her family but she does not have a right to demand that the restaurant cater a party at her home. I believe this whether it “works in my favor” or it works against my favor. If you weren’t so f*cking stupid you might be able to comprehend the distinction.

Again you love to make up the rules and it funny how they always work in your favor. You should really think about that. SHS was asking the restaurant to make her a specific meal just like the cake maker was being asked to make something specific. You're just like Trump, start name calling.

Of course you think it’s all or nothing, because you’re utterly incapable of nuanced thought.

And your nuanced thought is that there is a distinction between two state licensed businesses that are open to the public and sell food but refuse to provide service based on their principles:

The baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple, but the cook at the restaurant cannot refuse to make Sarah's double cheeseburger and fries?

You really see a distinction there - either factual or legal?

Bingo. This double edged sword cuts both ways.

It does cut both ways and the left has be careful about how they fight this fight. It's much like fighting with Trump, you have to be careful because most common sense people won't go to the level of what Trump will. Like road rage, you can give someone the finger but they might pull out a gun and you're dead. Trump and his supporters have shown they'll willing to go to any level to win a fight. Morals are not part of their decision process.

And your nuanced thought is that there is a distinction between two state licensed businesses that are open to the public and sell food but refuse to provide service based on their principles:

The baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple, but the cook at the restaurant cannot refuse to make Sarah's double cheeseburger and fries?

You really see a distinction there - either factual or legal?
Why are you pretending that hiring a baker to create a custom-made wedding cake, which takes hours to design, bake, and decorate, is the same as ordering a cheeseburger off the menu, which takes about a minute and a half to slap together?

That’s like saying that hiring a professional wedding photographer is the same thing as putting a dollar into one of those novelty photo booths.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT