ADVERTISEMENT

Disney quietly dodged DeSantis’s oversight board, appointees realize

Fs0OY4EWwAEuu_k
From a guy who has straight up ignored or rendered ineffective numerous constitutional referendums.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
"Outmaneuvered by Disney World in his attempt to punish the company for criticizing him over his “Don’t Say Gay” law, Ron DeSantis continues his revenge quest by threatening to put its rides under state oversight — even though the company’s ride inspection regime is already far more rigorous than Florida requires. DeSantis also said his hand-picked oversight board could use the land it now controls to set up a new state prison there.

This is what DESPERATION smells like."

"Outmaneuvered by Disney World in his attempt to punish the company for criticizing him over his “Don’t Say Gay” law, Ron DeSantis continues his revenge quest by threatening to put its rides under state oversight — even though the company’s ride inspection regime is already far more rigorous than Florida requires. DeSantis also said his hand-picked oversight board could use the land it now controls to set up a new state prison there.

This is what DESPERATION smells like."

I would love to crawl into the heads of his consultants. What's the overall strategy here if he's really interested in winning a national election, or even the primary? Because I don't really see how this helps him against Trump at all, and it just gives Donald more ammo.

"So Unnecessary"

"Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and other potential GOP presidential hopefuls slammed Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ handling of his ongoing feud with Disney this week.

“That’s not the guy I want sitting across from President Xi [Jinping] ... or sitting across from [President Vladimir] Putin and trying to resolve what’s happening in Ukraine, if you can’t see around a corner [Disney CEO] Bob Iger created for you,” Christie said Tuesday during a livestreamed interview with Semafor, adding: “I don’t think Ron DeSantis is a conservative, based on his actions towards Disney.”"

christian bale laughing GIF

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Republicans embracing authoritarianism has been one of the biggest policy shifts in a party that I've seen since the racism flip from Democrat to Republicans in the south decades ago. It's very scary how quickly Republicans have adopted overtly authoritarian policies just because they're scared of others.

And to do it in the "name of freedom" is just exhausting.

"So Unnecessary"

"Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and other potential GOP presidential hopefuls slammed Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ handling of his ongoing feud with Disney this week.

“That’s not the guy I want sitting across from President Xi [Jinping] ... or sitting across from [President Vladimir] Putin and trying to resolve what’s happening in Ukraine, if you can’t see around a corner [Disney CEO] Bob Iger created for you,” Christie said Tuesday during a livestreamed interview with Semafor, adding: “I don’t think Ron DeSantis is a conservative, based on his actions towards Disney.”"

christian bale laughing GIF
giphy.gif

Say what you want about Christie, and you should because he's a POS who has no chance if he's running. But I do think he can effectively go at Trump where others couldn't/wouldn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT