ADVERTISEMENT

Disney quietly dodged DeSantis’s oversight board, appointees realize

I'm old enough to remember when the left was against big business and pro government, it's funny how things flip.
You got it wrong my friend. The left is against the side of evil.

When big businesses hurt the average consumer in the name of insatiable greed the left is against that

When big businesses want to undermine environmental protections exposing us to harmful substances in the name of saving money, the left is against that

When government is trying to hurt a big business for speaking out against discriminatory laws aimed at the LGBTQ community the left is against that

I'm sorry it's not as simple as pro-big government vs pro-big business for you.

You got it wrong my friend. The left is against the side of evil.

When big businesses hurt the average consumer in the name of insatiable greed the left is against that

When big businesses want to undermine environmental protections exposing us to harmful substances in the name of saving money, the left is against that

When government is trying to hurt a big business for speaking out against discriminatory laws aimed at the LGBTQ community the left is against that

I'm sorry it's not as simple as pro-big government vs pro-big business for you.

This is good stuff. 😂
I heard this in college 50 years ago.

I’m no lawyer but apparently perpetual contracts won’t hold up in court. However, a defined date after the death of currently living people such as what this agreement contains is, as was explained by lawyers on twitter, common in trusts.

The rule against perpetuities, having terrible 1L flashbacks.

I've been warning people regarding the power of Disney in other threads. They are single handedly responsible for the changes in copyright law, extending the life of Mickey, beginning in 1976, then again 1998.

Here's a simple read on the subject. It's an opinion piece, but it has the background in it.

*edit typos

Well dang if it was a Twitter lawyer it must be accurate.
That’s pretty much the rule.

Certain covenants that run with the land can be perpetual. For most land arrangements they’re restricted by the Rule Against Perpetuities: 21 years after the death of known persons in existence at the time of the agreement.

Reactions: lucas80
Master Grifters = Lincoln Project.
What else you got?
You gotta use the sarcasm emoji or I won't know if that was a serious post

Republicans are trash and the sooner you realize that, the quicker you'll be able to pivot away from them.

I don’t think this was Disney per-say but more BlackRock and Vanguard as the largest Disney investors. I imagine these behemoths and their extremely powerful backers will furiously fight a DeSantis campaign. If you recall, DeSantis took on BlackRock a few years ago by removing state funds from their purview under another of his cultural performance initiatives to rile up the GQP base.

Hey Fatso Conway - your wife has dumped you and you hang out with sexual deviants and grifters so I KNOW I’m gonna hang on your every word.
Ugh.
LOL, your guy got owned. Best to sit this out. Before Conway turned on Orange Jesus he’s the kind of conservative lawyer you would have cited in constitutional matters.

The Delaware Dipshit or the Donald Dipshit?

Not a fan of either one, Mr. Sunshine
You voted for Donald Dipshit twice, and will again if given the chance. If this wasn’t your pattern I’d say you’d been in the sauce already today.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
You voted for Donald Dipshit twice, and will again if given the chance. If this wasn’t your pattern I’d say you’d been in the sauce already today.
LOL...I posted almost the exact same thing...except for the sauce part. Nice addendum.

I've been warning people regarding the power of Disney in other threads. They are single handedly responsible for the changes in copyright law, extending the life of Mickey, beginning in 1976, then again 1998.

Here's a simple read on the subject. It's an opinion piece, but it has the background in it.

*edit typos

Honestly if DeSantis was taking on Disney as a matter of principle than I would probably back him.

Problem is he is doing it because Disney hurt his ego by coming out against the don't say gay law. The only principle here is using the power of government to non-criminally punish a company for speaking out against him.

That principle is far worse than Disney's power and influence.

Honestly if DeSantis was taking on Disney as a matter of principle than I would probably back him.

Problem is he is doing it because Disney hurt his ego by coming out against the don't say gay law. The only principle here is using the power of government to non-criminally punish a company for speaking out against him.

That principle is far worse than Disney's power and influence.

Well said.

I thought Trump had a fragile ego, but this guy's on another level.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.......you know he had to have had plans to ban this word from Disney if his Board move went through.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Well said.

I thought Trump had a fragile ego, but this guy's on another level.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.......you know he had to have had plans to ban this word from Disney if his Board move went through.

I've come to the conclusion that DeSantis is an insanely weak leader. Not only can't he take criticism from Disney, but despite the fact that Trump has been coming after him full steam for almost 6 months now, DeSantis still kisses his rear and won't say a negative word about him.

I don't think DeSantis even runs for president. He's too scared of Trump.

I've come to the conclusion that DeSantis is an insanely weak leader. Not only can't he take criticism from Disney, but despite the fact that Trump has been coming after him full steam for almost 6 months now, DeSantis still kisses his rear and won't say a negative word about him.

I don't think DeSantis even runs for president. He's too scared of Trump.
He might still get the nomination as it’s a long way off and a lot can happen. I have to think all those donors who were on the DeSantis train might pause on their contributions and see what transpires over the next few months.

I’m sure his performance and drop in the polls is devastating to the few here who idolized him. Thought they won’t admit it, maybe they’ll learn it’s best not to fall head over heels for a politician.

Reactions: bcherod
I cant think of one Democratic politician I have ever idolized.

I mean, I really liked Paul Tsongas...but I didnt idolize him.

Reactions: bcherod
RonnyBoy will need to stay relevant for a couple years if he doesn't run in 2024.

The only way I see him doing that is to make a deal with DJT not to run and appeal for some job in a Turd administration.

Fs0OY4EWwAEuu_k

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT