ADVERTISEMENT

do you eat breakfast at work?

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
I see more and more people in the office eating their breakfast right after they get to work

Is this a newer trend?

Yes. I eat breakfast at home. :cool:

FYI: NSA-TX has a great cafeteria and our team would always walk downstairs together and have the line cook whip us up something each morning...then take it back to our desks.

Reactions: TunzaHawk
I see more and more people in the office eating their breakfast right after they get to work

Is this a newer trend?
I don’t really understand why companies are allowing this. I see it a lot at my job as well.
People wasting away a good half hour getting food/coffee and eating.
I’m curious to see if people start showering and getting ready while they are at work in the near future.
Granted I waste more time on here daily so I can’t complain too much.

I don’t really understand why companies are allowing this. I see it a lot at my job as well.
People wasting away a good half hour getting food/coffee and eating.
I’m curious to see if people start showering and getting ready while they are at work in the near future.
Granted I waste more time on here daily so I can’t complain too much.
When I'm in the office, I'm generally there from 5:30 AM to between 4:30 and 5:30 PM. Unless I have a business lunch, I'll eat breakfast (usually oatmeal) in my office between 10 and 11 AM and several snacks/protein shakes throughout the day.

I rarely eat breakfast unless I have to stop for gas before work and then I'll grab a breakfast sandwich from the gas station. I do drink about 3 cups of coffee at work before rounding.

I usually eat lunch while putting in discharge orders and other orders I didn't put in during rounds.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Eat with/near other people?? Hard pass.
we have 4 stations in a design studio, it's often pretty quite bc we usually have headphones in.

3 of us like to leave for our lunch, but 1 always gets delivery. Always kettle chips. Always.

I tell it like it is though, if you sound like you're eating pea gravel, I'll ask if you're eating pea gravel.

Reactions: ping72 and Moral
I always work out before work, so I'll make a protein shake before heading downstairs to login. Sometimes have a protein bar of some sort too.

Perks of working from home.
But the key is are you working out nude like the greeks? My neighbor who is Greek American once told me his wife (I shit you not) gave birth to his son in their tub (au natural). I run into his wife (who is easy on the eyes) and the first thing I always imagine is a kid popping out of her vayjay, next to my home in a tub. The perks of giving birth at home ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
Yes. I’m usually in the office somewhere between 6:15 and 7:30, depending on am workout, and eat at my desk as I’m going through emails and documents.

I eat my paper in my pajamas with a newspaper and a cup of coffee, and have for the last 50:years.
Do you put anything on your paper? Peanut Butter maybe? Do you soak it in milk first or anything? I’m looking to change up my breakfast. Eggs, toast and bacon gets a bit boring after a while. 😂

I only eat breakfast when at a vacation resort (and then tend to skip lunch) and a few random brunch outings each year.

Those who eat breakfast at work don’t bother me, but those who are constantly on smoke breaks and reek of smoke when they come back inside are the SOTE.

Reactions: Moral
I only eat breakfast when at a vacation resort (and then tend to skip lunch) and a few random brunch outings each year.

Those who eat breakfast at work don’t bother me, but those who are constantly on smoke breaks and reek of smoke when they come back inside are the SOTE.

Next level SOTE are the smokers that throw their cigarette butts in their pockets or in the trash.

Yeah. I keep a thing of oatmeal and a shaker of cinnamon sugar in one of my drawers. Pour it in a bowl and go down and get some hot water from the coffee machine and then get down to reading emails. My first hour is always going through and replying to emails unless we have a problem and have to meet first thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT