ADVERTISEMENT

Dochterman says that once a couple QBs hit the Portal Iowa will be all over them (Brendan Sullivan visiting May 7)

With no incumbent starting QB at +O$U they think they're better than the next guy and they want to throw the ball to those receivers in that system. Going elsewhere would be seen as a step down in competition and status.
status of being a osu qb who will never see the field is worthless. day has essentially outwitted a bunch of jocks who could be playing elsewhere on national tv week after week.

Add to that Petras emerged as QB1 at Utah State ahead of the previous starter who played well against us. It may seem hard to wrap your arms around the fact that we had some quarterbacks pass through here who had some talent but never developed. Joe Labas may have something to say about that as well.
Well, clearly during spring ball they didn't have the defense going after Spencer with the intent to knock him on his ass. He was always known here as great in practice, the problem is he seemed to short circuit at any perceived sign of pressure during games.

Well, clearly during spring ball they didn't have the defense going after Spencer with the intent to knock him on his ass. He was always known here as great in practice, the problem is he seemed to short circuit at any perceived sign of pressure during games.
Obviously how Spencer performs in the fall becomes the bottom line. I don't read too much into how he performed here. We've had no quarterback development for the last several years in addition to a dysfunctional offense. Petras and Labas both may thrive with proper coaching in a modern offense. The early signs with both look positive.

Obviously how Spencer performs in the fall becomes the bottom line. I don't read too much into how he performed here. We've had no quarterback development for the last several years in addition to a dysfunctional offense. Petras and Labas both may thrive with proper coaching in a modern offense. The early signs with both look positive.
That's not quite accurate regarding Petras. He had O'Keefe as QB coach his first three seasons in the program and his off-season guru, and I think he showed marginal improvement. It was hard to notice in 2022, though, without O'Keefe and Polasek holding Brian's hands, and the personnel issues.

That's not quite accurate regarding Petras. He had O'Keefe as QB coach his first three seasons in the program and his off-season guru, and I think he showed marginal improvement. It was hard to notice in 2022, though, without O'Keefe and Polasek holding Brian's hands, and the personnel issues.
I had forgotten about O'Keefe sliding into the QB coaching role to help mentor Brian. O'Keefe I think had more impact in his younger earlier years as offensive coordinator particularly in the Banks era. I think we will see going forward with Lester that we dropped the ball not having a true QB coach all these years.

You're the one that turned my opinion that Wilson may have suggested to Beth to fire Brian into an argument by asking for a link. I posted there was no link. Now you provide no link to the press conference to prove your point.
Of course it was her call. But that's not to say she had not talked with Wilson about it.
I don't feel bad that you think you have won this argument if it makes you feel good.
Like clockwork. This is where the backtracking and digging deeper always starts. This is fun.

Your quotes:

"She mainly did anyway, just pushed Beth to do it at her request."
"Beth was pressured by Her to use the out that Barta set up...she was pushed."

Your subsequent quote:

"Does not mean that Wilson did not suggest to Beth to make a move on the it."

Then you again:

"But that's not to say she had not talked with Wilson about it."

So, at first you're using terms like "pressured," "pushed," "do it at her request." Then you change to "suggest," and finally go with "talked about it with Wilson."

Yeah, everyone knows she talked about it with Wilson; BG said so herself at the initial press conference. You and others ran with it and came up with the 'GB being forced to retire' and 'BG being BW's puppet when she fired BF' conspiracy theories. That's what I'm calling bullsh*t on. So, as soon as someone shows me proof that all of this has been BW's bidding, I will happily concur. Until then, it's just a narrative made up by KF apologists to make themselves feel better.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Nah, c'mon Beth and Barbara didn't meet to discuss it. And they didn't pull Kirk in. None of that stuff happened! And Gary really just up and retired on his own free will, cause there ain't no link saying otherwise. Like there is always complete transparency in stuff like this.
Never said BG and BW didn't have a discussion; in fact, BG said that they did. What does "pull Kirk in" mean? What's unusual about a 60 yo with a history of cancer and as much money as he'll ever need retiring from a high stress job on his own free will? (I'm glad he's gone, but not convinced that he was forced out; and you don't know this, either, so stop pretending that you do).

This is so much BS, I can not even handle it anymore. FIRST off, every single QB we have had, what is the first thing everyone is enamored with????? "he has a cannon for an arm". How did that work out for us?? How many 25 yard plus passes are made in a game?? How many times have we thrown a hail mary?? This whole "he has a cannon for an arm so we should offer him or he should be the starter is so stupid. I say we need an accurate passer who is in time with the receivers. We need one who has pocket presence. Other then that we need one that can throw the ball 30 yards and do so without winding up like it is a hail mary throw.
I agree with you since the hawks dont take a lot of long shots down the field. But when I watched the video from one of this spring's practices and video of the final spring scrimmage I saw Marco make some nice long throws to outbreaking receivers maybe 20-25 yards downfield. Now that type of pass is probably in the air for 30-35 yards.

Like clockwork. This is where the backtracking and digging deeper always starts. This is fun.

Your quotes:

"She mainly did anyway, just pushed Beth to do it at her request."
"Beth was pressured by Her to use the out that Barta set up...she was pushed."

Your subsequent quote:

"Does not mean that Wilson did not suggest to Beth to make a move on the it."

Then you again:

"But that's not to say she had not talked with Wilson about it."

So, at first you're using terms like "pressured," "pushed," "do it at her request." Then you change to "suggest," and finally go with "talked about it with Wilson."

Yeah, everyone knows she talked about it with Wilson; BG said so herself at the initial press conference. You and others ran with it and came up with the 'GB being forced to retire' and 'BG being BW's puppet when she fired BF' conspiracy theories. That's what I'm calling bullsh*t on. So, as soon as someone shows me proof that all of this has been BW's bidding, I will happily concur. Until then, it's just a narrative made up by KF apologists to make themselves feel better.
In my opinion maybe, you should just put me on ignore if this bothers you so much.
I stand by what I said. Never called Beth G Wilsons puppet either.

• Haha
Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
On3 reporting interest between Iowa and Booty.

Kirk making the Booty calls?

From 3:39 pm CT this afternoon:

ccgzedbxdfrj9haelcpt

Last edited:

Oklahoma transfer QB General Booty in contact with Iowa

Nakos updated headshot
by:Pete Nakos•about 1 hour ago

Iowa has been in the market for a quarterback this spring.

The Hawkeyes were going to be shopping no matter what, but then Deacon Hill and Tommy Poholsky entered the transfer portal. They currently have two scholarship quarterbacks in Cade McNamara and Marco Lainez.

McNamara, the former Michigan starting quarterback, is still recovering from ACL surgery. Lainez attempted just seven passes as a true freshman in 2023.

Enter General Booty. The Oklahoma quarterback entered the portal on Thursday and has started to have conversations with several schools, including Tulsa, Samford, UTSA and Louisiana-Monroe, he told On3.

The quarterback confirmed to On3 on Friday afternoon that he’s been in contact with Iowa. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Allen, Texas, native is a Tyler Junior College product. He transferred to Oklahoma in May 2022 after throwing for 3,115 yards and 25 touchdowns to rank second in the NJCAA.

Iowa was in the mix early on for Oregon transfer Ty Thompson this winter. Booty would probably backup McNamara for a year before having an opportunity to compete for the starting job. He played in two games with the Sooners and also rushed for a 32-yard touchdown in Oklahoma’s spring game.

Booty has become one of the most recognizable names in college football throughout his career, capitalizing on his namesake through numerous NIL deal. He entered a partnership with Rock ‘Em Socks in August, launching an underwear collection with the Orlando-based company. As part of the agreement, Booty released two pairs of underwear and specially designed socks.

After signing with the Oklahoma-focused NIL collective Crimson and Cream, he partnered with the organization to release The General’s Crimson Cream, a body cream produced by the Oklahoma City-based company Prohibition Soap.

Booty’s father is Abram, a former LSU wide receiver. His uncles Josh and John David played quarterback at LSU and USC, respectively.

General Booty is now drawing interest from Iowa, along with a handful of other programs.

I agree with you since the hawks dont take a lot of long shots down the field. But when I watched the video from one of this spring's practices and video of the final spring scrimmage I saw Marco make some nice long throws to outbreaking receivers maybe 20-25 yards downfield. Now that type of pass is probably in the air for 30-35 yards.
Exactly. Even places where they do attempt the deep shot more, do not do it all that often, because usually it means it is totally blown coverage. Tate to Holloway. Which was what 45 yards in the air, and took him a pretty good wind up to get it that far. But the majority of the time you just do not get that and the winning is done closer to the trenches. It was what was done closer to the trenches prior to that bomb that put us in a position for it to start with. Man that was crazy, all we needed was a FG.

I hope both of them do great.

"He entered a partnership with Rock ‘Em Socks in August, launching an underwear collection with the Orlando-based company. As part of the agreement, Booty released two pairs of underwear and specially designed socks."

no way kirk's taking this guy

So Petras is at the same status as he had at Iowa. Best practice QB on the team. Not sure how this shows anything positive or negative in regards to Iowa

Good Lord, someone still posting that??? Petras took a medical retirement from Iowa and was not eligible to play AT Iowa again. o_O
A point of clarification for anyone who wants it. Petras did not have to take a medical retirement/disqualification. He could have stayed on a normal scholarship last year while recovering and still be eligible to play for Iowa this coming year.

Just pointing out the route Petras and Iowa took was not the only one available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT