ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump lambasts Kim Reynolds as 'most unpopular governor' in continuing caucus feud

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Donald Trump is again doubling down on his criticism of Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds and presidential challenger Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, releasing a video Tuesday in which he dismissed the impact of Reynolds' endorsement of his opponent and called her "the most unpopular governor in America."

In the video, published by his campaign, Trump said Reynolds had "gone from a popular governor to the most unpopular governor in the entire United States of America, not an easy feat."

Her endorsement of DeSantis, Trump said, "has given him exactly zero bounce," calling the Florida governor "a wounded bird." And the Republican frontrunner ruminated on whether Reynolds would have a prominent role in a DeSantis administration.

"I wonder what position Kim was promised in order to back someone who is so far down in the polls," he said.

Iowa caucuses:Ron DeSantis, Kim Reynolds vow to restrict abortion despite ballot losses in other states

Trump's mention of Reynolds' popularity appears to reference a recent Morning Consult poll surveying the approval ratings of every U.S. senator, governor and President Joe Biden. Reynolds sported the highest disapproval rating of any U.S. governor at 47%.

The Iowa Poll in August found that Reynolds remains popular among Republicans in the state, with 81% viewing her favorably. Her favorability ratings in that August poll outperformed the Republican 2024 field, including Trump, who was rated as favorable by 65% of likely Iowa caucusgoers.

In a social media post published shortly after the video was released, Reynolds affirmed her support for DeSantis.

"It's not about me," she wrote. "It's about our country. (Ron DeSantis) follows through on his promises, can serve eight years and has a WINNING record. He's the most effective leader I've ever seen. If you like what we're doing in Iowa, you'll love what he'll do for this country!"

A spokesperson with the DeSantis campaign pointed the Register to a social media post from the campaign, which shows a map of Iowa indicating that Reynolds in 2022 outperformed Trump in 2020 throughout the state.

Trump's Tuesday video represents an escalation of the soured relationship between the former president and Reynolds, who broke her neutrality in the caucuses earlier this month by endorsing DeSantis and has since been campaigning alongside him.

Trump has previously called Reynolds "disloyal" in the wake of her endorsement and declared that it would be "the end of her political career." But his frustration with Iowa's governor was clear even before the endorsement, previously saying "I don't invite her to events" as she remained neutral in the caucuses, and later taking credit for her election victory.

This is how Don flirts. She'll come around eventually and bend the knee.
One of the more shocking things, as much as it is possible to be shocked by anything Trump related, is the way women allow Trump to degrade them, and then they elbow each other out of the way to be on stage with him. Next year Kimmie, Breadbags, MMM, and Brenna Bird will pull each others hair and scratch at each other in order to be the closest to Don on a campaign stage. He could grab them by the p***y, and they'd let him do it.

Crybaby... Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser. He loved her when he thought she cow-towed to him. Now that she doesn't profess loyalty to him, she is dirt to him. That's his classic MO. He is never loyal to those around him. They are there to be used by him, nothing else.

One of the more shocking things, as much as it is possible to be shocked by anything Trump related, is the way women allow Trump to degrade them, and then they elbow each other out of the way to be on stage with him. Next year Kimmie, Breadbags, MMM, and Brenna Bird will pull each others hair and scratch at each other in order to be the closest to Don on a campaign stage. He could grab them by the p***y, and they'd let him do it.
Well, by his own words, he does that and there's nothing they can do about it. You know... being a sexual abuser and all.

Reactions: MitchLL
Try that in a small (Iowa) town Donnie.

Us Iowayans love to bend over for her as much as she used to for you!

0f2930fa-1a07-4cce-b63e-c77912a3d491-large16x9_GettyImages1197725635.jpg

Repubbers everywhere (supposedly)....

tenor.gif

Or may favorite....

86x0lc.jpg

As someone who has voted Democrat in every election, if the D's roll out Biden again I don't want to hear any crying if/when Trump wins.

Complain about Trump all we want, he's a pos, but when the D's can't come up with a viable candidate they have no one to blame but themselves when they lose.

As someone who has voted Democrat in every election, if the D's roll out Biden again I don't want to hear any crying if/when Trump wins.

Complain about Trump all we want, he's a pos, but when the D's can't come up with a viable candidate they have no one to blame but themselves when they lose.

You'll never see me saying Biden's the best thing since sliced bread. I'd love to see someone else. But I'd vote for a pile of shit from Major or Commander over Trump. He's that terrible.

If you are dumb enough not to vote for Biden, yes. An incumbent who has done a good job. What an idiotic take.

You call out Trump degrading women as you degrade women.

It's just like "All women should be believed" until it's a conservative woman, right lucas?

You are why Trump may just win.
I honestly don’t get it. I do not understand how any serious adult still takes Trump seriously. It’s honestly alarming to me. When you consider how Trump has taken over an entire political party, one I used to consider myself part of, it’s downright scary.

None of that changes the fact Biden’s age is a concern based on how it’s obviously affecting him. I don’t think he’s done a bad job to this point, but the stress of POTUS is very taxing on someone in their 80s. There are just too many things that can go wrong with one’s health between now and when Biden turns 86.

The only way I’m voting for Biden in 2024 is if Trump is on the ballot. That’s how dangerous I think Trump is to our republic. And goddamn the GOP for putting me in this position to have to vote Biden yet again.

You are why Trump may just win.

Your opinion.

My opinion is the Democrats are still running on the "well, you don't want the other guy in, right?"

That was just good enough in 2020, but in my opinion, not going to win in 2024.

The most important factor for the average voter is the economy. How has everyone's 401k done the last 4 years? How has inflation affected the country? What are people paying at the pump?

You don't hear many solutions from Joe regarding these issues. As a matter of fact, you don't get much from Old Joe but mumbled non sense.

Get a better option, or my guess is Trump will win.

Don't blame voters, blame the party for not doing better.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
He's such a whiny baby. I think more people are on to his schtick... I don't wish ill on anyone, but if anything were to happen to DT that would prevent him from being a candidate in 2024, the country would be better off for it.
Rs love him more than ever. His lead only has been increasing.

If you are dumb enough not to vote for Biden, yes. An incumbent who has done a good job. What an idiotic take.
He's done a shit job, he's a creepy dude who flirts with 6 year olds. Of course that's kind of ya'lls thing over there with MAPS.

Rs love him more than ever. His lead only has been increasing.

those aren't republicans giving him that love buddy. those are disenfranchised democrats and independents who aren't total tools. He already had enough votes to win every election in history last time, now you're just seeing buyer's remorse from some of the 84 million plus....

• Haha
Reactions: cigaretteman
Your opinion.

My opinion is the Democrats are still running on the "well, you don't want the other guy in, right?"

The most important factor for the average voter is the economy. How has everyone's 401k done the last 4 years? How has inflation affected the country? What are people paying at the pump?

You don't hear many solutions from Joe regarding these issues. As a matter of fact, you don't get much from Old Joe but mumbled non sense.

Look, I’m with you on the Democratic playbook being trash, but the fact Donald Trump is still an existential threat is the fault of the Republican Party and the Republican Party alone.

I also think all of the current economic woes are more the pandemic’s fault than Joe’s. That doesn’t mean I think Biden’s policies have been great, but his overall job performance isn’t horrible for a guy ad old as he is.

Regardless, if sane people can’t unite under the banner that Trump is a lunatic and has no business being anywhere near the White House again, then we have serious problems as a republic.

Look, I’m with you on the Democratic playbook being trash, but the fact Donald Trump is still an existential threat is the fault of the Republican Party and the Republican Party alone.

I also think all of the current economic woes are more the pandemic’s fault than Joe’s. That doesn’t mean I think Biden’s policies have been great, but his overall job performance isn’t horrible for a guy ad old as he is.

Regardless, if sane people can’t unite under the banner that Trump is a lunatic and has no business being anywhere near the White House again, then we have serious problems as a republic.
The issue seems to be in a country of 330 million people, we can't seem to find 2 who can be legitimate presidential candidates.

Your opinion.

Those factors seem to be improving, correct? If the trend continues, Biden wins in a landslide.

The issue seems to be in a country of 330 million people, we can't seem to find 2 who can be legitimate presidential candidates.
Absolutely.

The fact that these are the choices says a lot about where we are.

Biden was 5th at our caucus in Feb of 2020. I just don't see him winning again.

I honestly don’t get it. I do not understand how any serious adult still takes Trump seriously. It’s honestly alarming to me. When you consider how Trump has taken over an entire political party, one I used to consider myself part of, it’s downright scary.

None of that changes the fact Biden’s age is a concern based on how it’s obviously affecting him. I don’t think he’s done a bad job to this point, but the stress of POTUS is very taxing on someone in their 80s. There are just too many things that can go wrong with one’s health between now and when Biden turns 86.

The only way I’m voting for Biden in 2024 is if Trump is on the ballot. That’s how dangerous I think Trump is to our republic. And goddamn the GOP for putting me in this position to have to vote Biden yet again.

You could just stay home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT