ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump leading President Biden in new poll by 4%.

He's going to win. There's enough apathy right now where people will let it happen. Trump winning will apparently trigger the process of America getting better candidates next time. Or something to that effect.

He's going to win. There's enough apathy right now where people will let it happen. Trump winning will apparently trigger the process of America getting better candidates next time. Or something to that effect.

That's what I said after 2020.

They can do all the national polls they want and none of them will matter. We don't choose presidents by national vote, and if there's anything we should have learned in the past 10 years it's that polls aren't accurate.

Listen guys there are lots of polls a new thread isn’t needed every time.

It’s going to be a close race and anything can happen.
I know you have been around here for awhile so a friendly reminder. You only post polls when it shows your side winning. Dismiss polls you don't like. But you are 100% right.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
I think everyone knows it will be close. Which is shocking due to how utterly grotesque and toxic Trump is at this point.

Oddly, unlike 2020, I am not stressed overall more just resigned to this possibility and more aware it is a test to see if the great experiment is over or if this country will continue to be the greatest super power on earth, a position it has held since 1945. If we elect Trump, it is likely a sign the 80 year reign is officially over.

Last edited:
Totally agree. That said, it's un-effing-believable that almost half of the country would still vote for Trump after all that's happened. Our country has lost its soul.
I think the polls reflect peoples frustration at the choices we have more than anything.

When push comes to shove I think it looks differently in November.

Gag Throw Up GIF by Anime Crimes Division

Same. I'll be 50 next month and I've never been asked to participate in a political poll at any level.
I never answer my cell phone if the number isn’t on my contacts. Back when we had a land line I would hang up instantly, not even a “not interested”.

If these are polls from social media platforms they would have zero credibility since algorithms know exactly the type of person they are dealing with.

I think the polls reflect peoples frustration at the choices we have more than anything.

When push comes to shove I think it looks differently in November.

I disagree. Fully 70 million American absolutely love Trump and all he stands for. Without that cult-like following the polls would obviously be much different.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Trumps base doesn't give him 51% in polling art. I think 8-10% of that are folks disgusted with the binary choice we have.

Only 5% in this poll indicated they would vote for someone else. That certainly does not suggest people are disgusted with the two choices.

Also:

"Roughly 8 in 10 GOP-aligned voters say they’d be satisfied or enthusiastic with another Trump presidency, and roughly three-quarters of Democratic-aligned voters are similarly positive about a second Biden term."

Reactions: RileyHawk
Only 5% in this poll indicated they would vote for someone else. That certainly does not suggest people are disgusted with the two choices.

Also:

"Roughly 8 in 10 GOP-aligned voters say they’d be satisfied or enthusiastic with another Trump presidency, and roughly three-quarters of Democratic-aligned voters are similarly positive about a second Biden term."

Trump vs. Biden: The rematch many Americans don't want​

Reactions: millah_22
I lean left and am old and these are the two worst candidates in my lifetime. Biden comes across as senile and doddering while trump is the poorest excuse for a human being I can recall ever reaching this level of popularity in our country. Sincerely believe the US would be better off if both pass away before the election.

national polls just aren't that meaningful, particularly this far out.

Separately, I spent a little time this weekend browsing the docket and briefs for Thursday's oral argument in the Colorado case. The cherry on top of the sundae - almost literally the last filling on the docket - was a wonderful reminder of how courts sometimes have to deal with people who are just batshit crazy.

I do feel for the clerks that have to sort through this stuff.

Biden is also losing in each of the 7 swing states by 3 to 7 points each. Biden is a failure of a president. It's a shame the dems won't put out a better candidate.

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
She won me over with it. Before that I was just throwing a fit about Bernie getting screwed by the establishment, but then she mentioned Pokemon Go-ing to the polls and I was like yas queen.
I would have voted with my main and alt if there was a snorlax at the polls.

Reactions: Moral
The contrast being painted right now is obvious.

When Trump was president and he wanted something done, he did it, regardless of procedure, powers, etc. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

When the country comes to Biden with a problem, it’s “There’s nothing I can do about that.” But it’s obvious he doesn’t want to do anything about it. Because in his first 100 days he enacted more EOs than the three previous presidents combined. So he does it when it’s suitable for him and cries “helpless” when the problem isn’t something he doesn’t want to solve. Like the border.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
The contrast being painted right now is obvious.

When Trump was president and he wanted something done, he did it, regardless of procedure, powers, etc. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

When the country comes to Biden with a problem, it’s “There’s nothing I can do about that.” But it’s obvious he doesn’t want to do anything about it. Because in his first 100 days he enacted more EOs than the three previous presidents combined. So he does it when it’s suitable for him and cries “helpless” when the problem isn’t something he doesn’t want to solve. Like the border.
So how did Trump solve the border problem? Why is there a problem now if Trump already solved it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT