ADVERTISEMENT

Don't understand all the bitching about Dakich.

I guess it comes down to personal preference. Dakich is an opinionated guy whose brand is to make bombastic statements on end or the other about programs and players. He can be exhausting at times, but he appreciates hustle, teamwork, and fundamentals.

I don't know how anyone cannot like Walton. The guy is an acid trip without the acid (no actual acid trip experience personally). He rants against the 1:1 "me ball" too many kids develop in AAU and on the infatuation with the 3 over a higher percentage mid-range jumper. The guy is out there, but I find him very entertaining. He too appreciates fundamentally sound basketball.

If I had to pick 1 guy, it would be Gus Johnson. It would not surprise me if Settles and Deon Thomas start doing games next year if that is something they want to do. I thought Settles did some early games, is this correct?

I have no problem with him. You want to listen someone horrible. Listen to Walton do a UCLA game. The guy doesn't shut up and just rambles on about something not even related to basketball.

Then he will continue to talk about a Player like they are the next MJ.

I would take Dakich over Walton/Bilas anyway. Jay Bilas is just an arrogant prick.

Bilas, to me, seems to be the most popular color commentator out there, so I'm interested to hear more about why you dislike him. Do you disagree with him about paying college athletes? That seems to be his pet-issue that he likes to talk about whenever he gets a chance. I could see how you might find him annoying if you don't share his view about that issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT