ADVERTISEMENT

DSM area radio KXNO listeners - what is the appeal of claxon’s commercials?

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
A guy feels like some BBQ, but feels the need to lie to his wife about it and says he’s getting gas for the mower. Probably because his commercial wife is a bitch. The wife sniffs out his desire for BBQ and bitches him out, and says he’s forgiven if he gets her some too. They have another one where the wife says she’s at the mall shopping but really she’s eating at claxon’s. Who doesn’t just have some food if they want it? Are people here scared of their wives/husbands/partners where they lie about wanting to have a rib? Do people want to listen to someone’s commercial wife bitch out a commercial husband? Does this appeal to GIAOTer? The restaurant is too far away for me to try but I would intentionally not eat there if I was nearby and hungry.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Their commercials must not work on me because I haven’t made the trek all the way to Altoona to check it out

Reactions: Tenacious E
I’ve been home a couple days, and I liked the pork producer commercial running during the high school basketball tournament - where they filmed inside a hog barn with shit on the white walls, and then later cut to a pork loin being sliced on the dinner table.

That’s some nice fluting boy.

A guy feels like some BBQ, but feels the need to lie to his wife about it and says he’s getting gas for the mower. Probably because his commercial wife is a bitch. The wife sniffs out his desire for BBQ and bitches him out, and says he’s forgiven if he gets her some too. They have another one where the wife says she’s at the mall shopping but really she’s eating at claxon’s. Who doesn’t just have some food if they want it? Are people here scared of their wives/husbands/partners where they lie about wanting to have a rib? Do people want to listen to someone’s commercial wife bitch out a commercial husband? Does this appeal to GIAOTer? The restaurant is too far away for me to try but I would intentionally not eat there if I was nearby and hungry.

Agree, I think the same thing every time I hear the commercials. I still don’t understand how no one in the pitch meeting said “so why would he lie about going to Claxsons”? It’s not like they have a limited supply of BBQ there.

Haven’t listened to it in years. Streaming podcasts via Spotify has replaced pretty much all forms of media to me. World History pushed me down a huge rabbit hole.

I did tune in the other day..shocked Marty Tirrell is back on

• Wow
Haven’t listened to it in years. Streaming podcasts via Spotify has replaced pretty much all forms of media to me. World History pushed me down a huge rabbit hole.

I did tune in the other day..shocked Marty Tirrell is back on
Wait wut? I thought he was in federal prison. Did you mean Ken Miller?

I mostly listen to podcasts now as well, but each morning and evening I flip to it in case something interesting is on. I have not heard Marty Tirrell on in years. I'm sure he isn't employed by the company.

Claxon’s is not my cup of tea. I have tried it a couple of times in the past and just don’t have a desire to go back. I don’t eat a lot of meat any more but I live close to about 3 Jethro’s and a rack of their ribs works for me.

Huh. In the prairie trail retail district? Next time you see him be sure to roll down your window and hock a loogie on him.
I've seen him a couple of times walking by Crocker Elementary. I also saw that he was at a bar on Court Avenue last week. Someone on twitter saw him and took his picture.

• Wow
I was joking but a Google search seem to suggest Marry is out and has an ankle bracelet with strict rules. Article even suggested he was on sportsbyline or something like that.

It’s been a long time since I had Claxson’s (like over 10 years). The only reason I went is because I won gift certificates by throwing people in “the penalty box” contest on KXNO they did Friday mornings.

I won about 4 or 5 times. The other gifts were to Bosen the Florist.

I didn’t think the food was anything special. The only way I see myself lying to my wife about getting it is:

A. I’m with another woman
B. She decides we are Muslim

Claxon’s is not my cup of tea. I have tried it a couple of times in the past and just don’t have a desire to go back. I don’t eat a lot of meat any more but I live close to about 3 Jethro’s and a rack of their ribs works for me.
I don't really like Jethro's, but if it was down the street from me I would probably eat it out of convenience. The best BBQ I have had in the area is Smokey D's. Not saying it is the best, but it is the best I have personally had here in the metro.

I don't really like Jethro's, but if it was down the street from me I would probably eat it out of convenience. The best BBQ I have had in the area is Smokey D's. Not saying it is the best, but it is the best I have personally had here in the metro.

Smoky D’s is also my favorite in the area. People have talked about Flying Mango in Des Moines and I didn’t think it was great, in fact so didn’t think it was good.

Smoky D’s is also my favorite in the area. People have talked about Flying Mango in Des Moines and I didn’t think it was great, in fact so didn’t think it was good.
I have had flying mango twice. Once they catered a work christmas party, and it was fantastic, as it was not their normal menu but rather beef tenderloin and such. We then went to the flying mango restaurant, and I did not care for it one bit. In fact, I did not like it.

What a guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT