ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman Arrested

From a recent Salon commentary..

Fascism and other forms of illiberal politics are not "merely" political problems. In reality, such things are a societal force and imaginary that both harness and generate collective mass sociopathy and other forms of physical, emotional, psychological, intellectual and spiritual pathology. Sick societies produce sick leaders; sick leaders have sick followers; in combination, those forces produce sick political movements. Collectively, these are manifestations of a condition of malignant normality that can all too easily end in societal destruction.

Reactions: burk11
That depends on where they are able to try him. If it’s DC, NYC, or the county Atlanta is in, he will get convicted no matter what the law says, or lack of good evidence they have. This isn’t about the law or constitution, this bare knuckle politics baby, and no one does it better than the Marxist who have overtaken the democrat party. I do admire the way they stick together no matter what, and they are great fighters and never tire of it. That’s why they hate trump, he has some of the same personality traits as they do, but is fighting for the opposite form of government they. Someone with big balls but not on their side scares the hell out of them.
You wouldn't know a Marxist if you fell over one. It's like calling Trump a Nazi. Throw anything up against the wall and see if it sticks. For ignorant people on either end, they think that these labels stick, and they only do because they think that they do.

The Democrats hate Trump for two reasons:
1. He's arrogant, lying cheating scum with no respect for democracy. That's not balls. It's his ego, selfishness, and denial, to the point of delusion. And now, the jig is up, and he'll have to face the music.
and
2. They want to draw attention away from their own poor candidates and back-door dealings. Hating on Trump makes it easy for them to turn out the base without having to earn those votes.

It's no matter, because he won't/can't get reelected anyway. With every nickle that his cult followers send him, the chances for another real conservative with way more ability and character becoming president get slimmer and slimmer, giving the far-right fringe-dwellers more clout in that terribly sad party.

Last edited:
News Flashes:
  1. Scriptures were written and vetted by men.
  2. The story of Adam and Eve is allegorical not historical.
  3. Much Old Testament Scripture is similarly allegorical.
  4. Some men choose to believe what they believe simply by not questioning the inculcation of their youth.
Sounds a lot like the liberals of today with CNN being their Bible. Sorry about the, but I couldn't resist. :)

• Haha
Reactions: PackerHawkeye1
Sounds a lot like the liberals of today with CNN being their Bible. Sorry about the, but I couldn't resist. :)
(Paraphased) I believe Socrates said something like an average man (or even one thought an idiot) may not know how to derive the correct answer, and yet he may answer correctly, as correct as any scholar.

The same could be said of a biased news network.

I don't waste much, if any, time watching biased news networks. I prefer to read my news.

For sure I am as socially liberal as they come when it comes to personal freedoms, and I don't hide it. At the same time, I am somewhat monetarily conservative. I consider myself one of the pretty much largely extinct "Blue Dog Democrats." I'd probably be a Libertarian if they stayed true to their philosophy and ever become a viable party.

I don't vote party lines.

Reactions: vhsalum
Because, there is NO guarantee you will be found innocent, no matter how good you think your argument is. Short of a video exonerating you, and that isn't even a guarantee now adays, there is always a chance you will be found guilty when dealing with the "human element" in the judicial process.

So, let's say you could have to serve up to 25 years and pay massive fines if found guilty. You are then offered a deal that gives you: 1.) No jail time. 2.) No felony charges. 3.) Limited community service. 4.) Some type of behavioral classes.

You have the chance to take a small slap on the wrist or take your chances. Even if the chances are 99%, that 1% is still VERY scary...

Edited to add: This also happens quite a bit because D.A.'s want to keep their conviction rates high. Once the plea deal goes through all that matters is another conviction. Even if the charges in the plea are lessened, it doesn't count against them. In fact, there are statistics out there showing as high as roughly 98% of convictions are plea deals...

Last edited:
Hey, I agree with you about something; however, all written news reports are every bit as biased as the TV stations. I like to read both sides and try to figure what details are actually true. It ain't easy these days.

Realclear politics usually has stuff posted from both sides with some in the middle. There really is no unbiased news anymore.

it was a pretty simple question...all your talking points aren't really necessary

you are saying that a 30+ month process to investigate and bring charges is too short? that it should take even longer than that?

if someone is accused of election interference or fraud or something similar, wouldn't we want that settled before the next election?
Keep returning for Riddler intel, but only find this can of worms, so I’ll fish. Maybe my write-ins losing the last two bouts make me Swiss neutral? Or not, since I liked most of orange guy’s policies. Still no fan of his flippant, stupid remarks, and believe any actual wrongdoing should be investigated (though none of Big O’s corruption was). Do wish neither oldster would run again. Prefer to hear from youngbloods. That said, if you sit through the fascinating interview of FBI-vetted Navy vet Tony Bobulinski and don’t grasp King Joe’s involvement in his addict son’s foreign financial deals and how it compromises U.S. relations with China, Russia, and other hostiles, you deserve our child-hating, senile leader. A guy who stood on a blood-red stage in Hitler-like fashion to dare call my selfless, hardworking wife and daughter “threats to democracy” for voting orange. And, yes, you hate American kids when your policies enable head-cutting drug lords to flood our border with fentanyl that killed over 1100 adolescents last year (by comparison, domestic terrorist deaths from BOTH extremes averaged 57 annually the past 10 years).
Never forget the “real” fraud/interference of 2020’s election that dwarfed all mail-in voting “mishaps” (Sidebar: When feeling inconvenienced, triggered, or needing an emotional support animal over time spent in line to accurately vote IN PERSON, remember that soldier dying in a feces-filled foxhole to protect this sacred right). Nah, the left’s most effective fraud, the one behind the smokescreen, was the organized censorship (media, tech giants, intelligence agencies) of negative intel on King Joe, including the Navy vet’s first-person account, and digital and eyewitness proof of the king’s corruption found on his loser son’s laptop. Only the naive haven’t heard that all 51 intel guys lied in writing to keep an electorate from critical input to their presidential decision. No interference felony there, right?
I’m done. Attack at will. I won’t rebut. At my age, I no longer engage loyalists of a party that promotes dependence and victimhood over self-driven, constitutional liberty. Besides, blowback and insults are the ironic silver lining of a thread gone south. They highlight the wisdom of a First Amendment right to free speech that Joe-Joe’s minions work feverishly to crush. Last jab: I’m only fine with orange guy doing time if the Fresh Prince of Hot Air and Cartel Joey are in adjacent cells. Since that ain’t happening, why not get back to mat talk? Aren’t we smart enough to know ALL politicians only serve themselves? Your guy, his gal, my hybrid trans, on both sides of the aisle, they’re all about instant pensions, perks, privilege, book contracts, speaking fees, fame and wealth. The Founders one failure was not constitutionally mandating 4-year, ONE-TIME-ONLY terms for all but the prez. Instead, the door was open for politicians to become celebrity power brokers, many for decades, all writing checks paid by us. Okay, really done this time. Gotta cut lawns and pack. Off grid soon to mountainous high country. Hope it cures me of writing long, boring posts on the wrong thread. Or any posts at all.

Ignore Hands Up GIF by Max

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Interesting thread, way off topic, but very interesting. It's the off-season, so to hell with it, here's my two cents.

Careful thought over the centuries has established four justifications for punishment. If anyone can name another I'm all ears.
1. Deterrence--(a) specific (incentivize the offender to not commit another offense) and (b) general (incentivize the rest of society to be afraid of the possibility of punishment).
2. Incapacitation--prevent the offender from offending again while separated from society.
3. Rehabilitation--reform the offender to prevent or minimize the threat of reoffending.
4. Retribution--similar to revenge; subject the offender to punishment that seeks to __________. I find this one undefinable, illegitimate, and not Christian, if that's you're persuasion. The judgment is His; wouldn't recommend commandeering that.

I think 2 and 3 are the best bets, 1 is legitimate but not as effective as the news and movies and lore make it out to be, and 4 is a right that does not belong to mankind.
It is the right of mankind to deal in justice to his fellow man, god made that in all of nature he created

You wouldn't know a Marxist if you fell over one. It's like calling Trump a Nazi. Throw anything up against the wall and see if it sticks. For ignorant people on either end, they think that these labels stick, and they only do because they think that they do.

The Democrats hate Trump for two reasons:
1. He's arrogant, lying cheating scum with no respect for democracy. That's not balls. It's his ego, selfishness, and denial, to the point of delusion. And now, the jig is up, and he'll have to face the music.
and
2. They want to draw attention away from their own poor candidates and back-door dealings. Trump makes it easy for them to turn out the base without having to earn those votes.

It's no matter, because he won't/can't get reelected anyway. With ever nickle that his cult followers send him, the chances for another real conservative with way more ability and character becoming president get slimmer and slimmer, giving the far-right fringe-dwellers more clout in that terribly sad party.
So much this. They are two heads of the same coin. But one side has crossed the line into seditious territory.

Careful with likes,@98lberEating2Lunches there was an edit.

Last edited:
From a recent Salon commentary..

Fascism and other forms of illiberal politics are not "merely" political problems. In reality, such things are a societal force and imaginary that both harness and generate collective mass sociopathy and other forms of physical, emotional, psychological, intellectual and spiritual pathology. Sick societies produce sick leaders; sick leaders have sick followers; in combination, those forces produce sick political movements. Collectively, these are manifestations of a condition of malignant normality that can all too easily end in societal destruction.
Interesting read/thoughts. Eric Hoffer, The True Believer: 'Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements' (circa 1951) speaks of the same issues.

Hoffer thoughts
15916.jpg

1. It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible.​
2. Jesus was not a Christian, nor was Marx a Marxist.​

Interesting read/thoughts. Eric Hoffer, The True Believer: 'Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements' (circa 1951) speaks of the same issues.

Hoffer thoughts
15916.jpg

1. It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible.​
2. Jesus was not a Christian, nor was Marx a Marxist.​
The current amount of unbelief is astounding, imo.

Theocratic, minority rule is a desired state by some.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapplefann
Hoffer thoughts
15916.jpg

2. Jesus was not a Christian, nor was Marx a Marxist​
Hoffer is obviously a nut. "Jesus was not a Christian" is as moronic as you can get. He is the Christ and all His true followers are attempting to be like HIm - "to be Christ-like". That is what "Christian" actually means. A Marxist is one that adheres to the teaching of Marx. Are you seriously telling everyone that Marx didn't believe/adhere to his own teaching? WOW!!!, that is rich. :rolleyes:

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Hoffer is obviously a nut. "Jesus was not a Christian" is as moronic as you can get. He is the Christ and all His true followers are attempting to be like HIm - "to be Christ-like". That is what "Christian" actually means. A Marxist is one that adheres to the teaching of Marx. Are you seriously telling everyone that Marx didn't believe/adhere to his own teaching? WOW!!!, that is rich. :rolleyes:
texas twister:

Hoffer, a San Francisco Longshoreman (from working class roots) and author, was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom (1963). Hoffer’s writings have stood the test of time for over 70 years. His original work The True Believer is recognized as a classical work and over the years has received much critical acclaim, and received considerable international praise.

If you have read The True Believer, I thank-you for taking the time to do so. If you have not read Hoffer, a few minutes reading might provide a different frame-of-reference. Your criticism and apparent contempt for Hoffer’s work is perplexing. And I would add, in every respect, without merit.

We can be absolutely certain only about those things which we do not understand”. Hoffer: The True Believer (1951).

images

Last edited:
No, he's extrapolating on what a Christian means nowadays. His true followers may be attempting to be like Him, but so many others claim to try, but aren't at all. FWIW, I am a Christian and not a Marxist, but I have read some of both. ;)

Supposedly, Marx on his deathbed said, "I am not a Marxist." and by that he meant that those who claim to be, weren't following what he actually said or wanted. Marx did believe in what he said, but he claimed at the end of his life that it was misinterpreted by those who claimed to follow what he said.

I can tell you this: Marx was not a Christian, and Christ was not a Marxist.
Oh, and Hoffer (the working-class philosopher) may have been a nut, but he's fun to read.

No, he's extrapolating on what a Christian means nowadays. His true followers may be attempting to be like Him, but so many others claim to try, but aren't at all. FWIW, I am a Christian and not a Marxist, but I have read some of both. ;)

Supposedly, Marx on his deathbed said, "I am not a Marxist." and by that he meant that those who claim to be, weren't following what he actually said or wanted. Marx did believe in what he said, but he claimed at the end of his life that it was misinterpreted by those who claimed to follow what he said.

I can tell you this: Marx was not a Christian, and Christ was not a Marxist.
Oh, and Hoffer (the working-class philosopher) may have been a nut, but he's fun to read.
Nice to find my tribe. (Even though tribalism seems to be a major stumbling block to national/world peace and harmony.)

Can't afford to go thru the process of proving innocence due to monetary constraints.
Someone else is lying and will do so in court which means you will be convicted.
The plea deal is almost no punishment and so you take it to put everything behind you.
Evidence has been planted by the police or someone else that will convict you.
The people who would be found guilty have connections and can make your life a living Heck or the members of your families life a living heck if you don't cop to a plea.
Are those good enough reasons?
Everywhere has dishonest people and the legal system is no exception.

Everywhere has dishonest people and the legal system is no exception.
Shame on you for understating the legal system. Yesterday, I was watching the Senate confirmation hearings for Biden appointed judges and man ol' man did they lie about positions and statements they had made recently. Anything to get that power and ability to push THEIR agenda.

Reactions: lookleft goright
Realclear politics usually has stuff posted from both sides with some in the middle. There really is no unbiased news anymore.
Exactly, I found Ground News the best. It shows you how each article skews, left or right, and where it's from. They also have a "blind spot" option from news sources that have always shown to be impartial or centrist. People need to really dig and find honest alternatives. All of the big stations, papers, are just extensions of the politicians and people with money that need to lead the masses with how they want you to think.

Dude really?! The crime rate in our country is insane. One of the reasons it’s so high is because criminals know that very little is going to happen to them. In California if you are arrested for Grand Theft (stealing something $950 or more), you are now eligible for theft School. That’s a school designed to explain to adults that stealing is wrong. It’s really hard to get sentenced to prison in California. You have to hurt somebody. The prisons are full of people have done just that.
We do seem to have an insane number of white collar crimes not being prosecuted. That’s the reel crime. Imo.

We do seem to have an insane number of white collar crimes not being prosecuted. That’s the reel crime. Imo.
They are both crimes and need punishment; however, an assault or murder is EASILY considerable worst that "white collar crimes".

I heard it portrays men as stupid and femmie. I also heard that is promotes homosexuality; but, I cannot say for sure.
Well, I've finally seen 'The Barbie Movie' (over 'Oppenheimer'). I watched with my 20-something God daughter, who owns a streaming copy.

I can unequivocally state that only in single scene it implies 'homosexuality' is something that exists in a the Real World. Exactly two males admire Ken as a ploy of stroking his general need to be admired. But Ken is oblivious to any sexual overtone. It's done for comic effect. In no way does it "promote homosexuality." To say it does simply reflects the strength of an aversion held by the one who would assert such.

The 'men' (who are dolls in "Barbie Land") are portrayed as a young girl, who plays with Barbie, might see herself (albeit as a boy her own age). That said, I wouldn't characterize it as "stupid" or "feminine." Afterall she is just a pre-adolescent girl. Rather I would characterize it as overly concerned with others' opinions of themself and how that affects a young girl's self-worth as she matures. In other words, what girls may feel in a patriarchal society, vulnerable.

Members of "The Promise Keepers" are NOT the target audience.

I think it is a very good movie deserving of many awards. I think it will dominate the Oscars. I think it is written as much for men as any female of any age.

(Apologies to Jaydin for bumping this thread.)

PS - I miss @natchrlman

Last edited:
Well, I've finally seen 'The Barbie Movie' (over 'Oppenheimer'). I watched with my 20-something God daughter, who owns a streaming copy.

I can unequivocally state that only in single scene it implies 'homosexuality' is something that exists in a the Real World. Exactly two males admire Ken as a ploy of stroking his general need to be admired. But Ken is oblivious to any sexual overtone. It's done for comic effect. In no way does it "promote homosexuality." To say it done simply reflects the strength of an aversion held by the one who would assert such.

The 'men' (who are dolls in "Barbie Land") are portrayed as a young girl, who plays with Barbie might see herself (albeit as a boy her own age). That said, I wouldn't characterize it as "stupid" or "feminine." After all she is just a pre-adolescent girl. Rather I would characterize it as overly concerned with others' opinions of themself and how that affects a young girl's self-worth as she matures. In other words, what girls may feel in a patriarchal society, vulnerable.

Members of "The Promise Keepers" are NOT the target audience.

I think it is a very good movie deserving of many awards. I think it will dominate the Oscars. I think it is much written for men as any female of any age.

(Apologies to Jayden for bumping this thread.)

PS - I miss @natchrlman
I can’t believe you bumped this thread for this!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT