ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman in the Transfer Portal

Of all the recent few year of portal transfers how many have ended up at PSU?

Here are the ones I remember:

Gross to Wisconsin
DeSanto to Iowa
Lugo to Iowa
Teasdale to Iowa
Conel to PSU
McKenna to Ohio State
Suriano to Rutgers
Micic to Michigan

Kerkvliet TBD
Eierman TBD

Reactions: HIWILLE

Gross to Wisconsin
DeSanto to Iowa
Lugo to Iowa
Teasdale to Iowa
Conel to PSU
McKenna to Ohio State
Suriano to Rutgers
Micic to Michigan

Kerkvliet TBD
Eierman TBD
You don't need many transfers when you recruit so well in the first place.

Except after the first year the NLI is no longer in effect. There are no more guarantees of scholarships and said scholarships can be pulled away at any time for any reason.
They are young adults, but when it comes to wrestling I'm pretty sure they know what's best for them.
We can't judge Eierman while we sit back and ride the accolades of Desanto, Lugo and eventually Teasdale. We can't have it both ways.

This is incorrect with scholarships awards among the power 5 schools. Since 2015 awards are guarantee for 4 yrs

https://informedathlete.com/the-facts-about-guaranteed-multi-year-ncaa-di-scholarships/

Although there are “ways” to move athletes on from said college voluntary.

Gross to Wisconsin
DeSanto to Iowa
Lugo to Iowa
Teasdale to Iowa
Conel to PSU
McKenna to Ohio State
Suriano to Rutgers
Micic to Michigan

Kerkvliet TBD
Eierman TBD

Fredy Stroker to Cornell
Kenan Storr to MI
Dakota Greer to OSU
Isaiah White to NE
Ryan Milhof ASU
Alex Tsirtsis to ASU
Alex Mackall to ISU

Reactions: HIWILLE and BELDEEN
Sometimes it is beneficial to the wrestler;, but, I believe it will be abused, hurt other teams, erase a sense of dedication and loyality being taught to the wrestler. You don't bail ship every time something doesn't go your way. We have seen a few top wrestlers transfer multiple times and fail.
Yeah, this could become a real mess. Having a program where the wrestlers feel like family rather than mercenaries could become more important.

Reactions: just_somebody
But they don't really have the dominate RTC that he's craving, right?
If I were a betting man, which I'm not, but if I was, I'd say Nebraska.
With Green at 70kg and Burroughs at 74kg...you can't get better than the two best middle weights in the country in the same room. Unfortunately it makes sense.

Given his comments noted by Chief below and the circumstances of his original commitment, this looks like a good opportunity for you to make some money. For extra info, link to an article about his original commitment.

Bader had an interview with him. JE said his mind is already made up on where he wants to go. Said that he wanted to go to this school all of his life, was recruited a little bit by them, but committed to Mizzou right out of the gate so the school no longer recruited him.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6593892-jaydin-eierman-knows-exactly-where-he-wants-to-transfer

This is incorrect with scholarships awards among the power 5 schools. Since 2015 awards are guarantee for 4 yrs

https://informedathlete.com/the-facts-about-guaranteed-multi-year-ncaa-di-scholarships/

Although there are “ways” to move athletes on from said college voluntary.
What part is incorrect? It has to be a multi-year scholarship to begin with for it to be a guarantee. What NCAA sport would drop those outside of football and basketball?

Here's a better article that sums it up than the one you posted: https://usatodayhss.com/2019/ncsa-are-athletic-scholarships-guaranteed-for-four-years

Given his comments noted by Chief below and the circumstances of his original commitment, this looks like a good opportunity for you to make some money. For extra info, link to an article about his original commitment.
So Nebraska or Penn State it is.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Merely pointing out that the knee jerk reaction is always PSU, but in fact it should be Iowa when someone enters the transfer portal based on number of transfers.

PSU had 3 transfers that did not end up doing much:

Carson Kuhn 125 Boise St.
Corey Keener 133 Central Michigan
Jered Cortez 133/141 Illinois

And Andrew Long that won them their first title.

So Nebraska or Penn State it is.

Per that article, I saw mentions of Iowa and PSU, as well as Nebraska where his dad went.

If there is a school he wanted to go to his whole life, given his geographic location, logic would dictate Mizzou(nearest), Nebraska (dad), Okie State, or Iowa (both are the most historic). Iowa was the only one directly tied to him in that article. Maybe we do have a shot?

I just listened to that. If it's a school he liked growing up then its a school with tradition so I guarantee its either iowa, ISU or Oklahoma state.

Reactions: atkins 23
Per that article, I saw mentions of Iowa and PSU, as well as Nebraska where his dad went.

If there is a school he wanted to go to his whole life, given his geographic location, logic would dictate Mizzou(nearest), Nebraska (dad), Okie State, or Iowa (both are the most historic). Iowa was the only one directly tied to him in that article. Maybe we do have a shot?
I guess I was going off this:

“I was thinking about a lot of other places,” Clayton said, noting Penn State and Nebraska, “but really I think Mizzou feels like family to me.”

Later in the article his dad mentions that a lot of top schools offered him a scholarship, like Iowa and Penn State.

I'm worried its ISU. Miklus is an old teammate. Metcalf would be a great mentor. And they very well could have a position for his dad.

Assistant to Nate Carr? From what I know, Mike E has a thriving club down there in Missouri. Had he wanted to be a college coach, I am guessing he could have took over as an assistant when whats his name went to Maryland. But the Miklus and Metcalf points are well made.

The rich get richer. I wonder how a team like UNI will fare with the transfer portal.

Does Schwab ever lose any of his top guys? Hell no he doesn’t. Why? Well he’s a good coach, who runs a clean family program, gets guys to believe in him, and works his tail off. It’s just like businesses who do those things, they don’t lose employees.

People act like the transfer portal is the end of the world, it’s not. Just do what you’re supposed to do and it’ll all work out.

Is there a limit to how many wrestlers can be in a program? I'm thinking there is a certain number in football and basketball...
If your club has the money can a program like Iowa/Penn State have up to 100 kids in their programs?

What part is incorrect? It has to be a multi-year scholarship to begin with for it to be a guarantee. What NCAA sport would drop those outside of football and basketball?

Here's a better article that sums it up than the one you posted: https://usatodayhss.com/2019/ncsa-are-athletic-scholarships-guaranteed-for-four-years

I’m going to disagree w you on the implied “multi-year”. To eligible for rule protection in P5 you just have to be receiving a scholarship your first year in college. Ie, it pertains to all sports not just the revenue sports. I see usatoday article reference the same link I did in their story.

It’s been stated in several coach’s interviews and other articles concerning the Power 5 conference rule.

As long as the kid is in good standing w college conduct rules, and has good grades its very hard to take their scholarship these days.

Just think about how programs get people to transfer/leave. Nowadays u put those kids on island, seldom do they have contact w coaches at any length. It’s the same bs in other sports that fans/alums never want to talk about or even actually acknowledge exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU Mike
I would say Iowa but how could they possible come up with a full scholarship for him with how many highly rated recruits are already on the team...and we all know from reading this forum that it is a "fact" that top guys, especially a proven 3x AA would NEVER... EVER... take less than a full scholarship.

Reactions: funkisfun12
He will come for free because:
1.) He has a rich uncle
2.) He wants to be part of Carl, I mean Tom’s perennial top 4 program.
3.) He is joining the ROTC (thanks to everyone who has served or is serving including Manville. Your sacrifices are appreciated).
4.) He wants to stay in his home state.
5.) He just wants to have fu..... well you know the rest. ;)

Yes it really teaches perseverance. If something isn’t working out 100% as envisioned just hightail it out of there and sell your services to the highest bidder. Yeah I’d wanna hire a kid like that...
So, the people you hire don't want to improve themselves? And, you don't look for opportunities to help them to improve themselves? Is that what you're saying?

Reactions: just_somebody
Leaving to go to ISU would seem like an underwhelming move to me. Not seeing benefit with that.
Totally agree. Although Metcalf would be a very good workout partner, I don’t think their coaching staff or RTC has proven to get guys where he wants to go.

Reactions: MitchLL
I'm worried its ISU. Miklus is an old teammate. Metcalf would be a great mentor. And they very well could have a position for his dad.
Just don't see where everyone would fit. Pushing Degen/Carr up a weight probably doesn't help either one. Not sure, but I don't think Parker has a redshirt left.

The FRL guys (RIP smalls) broke it down fairly well with all the major potential suitors, and agree with the fact that Iowa would be a great fit with regard to the college landscape at 149. However, they did spend a lot of time on the RTC scene and how that would impact. Obvious middleweight potential at Nebby, Sasso at tOSU makes it a little nonsensical for next year, but that is a strong RTC, and OkSU has the same disadvantage along with PSU, but all 5 programs have strong RTC's. I just like ours the best, and we have a stylistic goldmine in Perry.

Overall, it sounds like Iowa would make a fantastic home for the young man, and they all sort of summarized the conversation that way. Here's to hoping his points help the Hawks wherever he goes!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT