ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman in the Transfer Portal

I don't get the feeling PSU is the team he is referring to in his flo interview but I would put nothing past the ability of their checkbook. Being further from his home base and Retherford already there as the #1 guy at his FS weight don't mesh as well.
Agree as well the Retherford thing doesn't make sense to me either.

Nobody always wanted to go to PSU before 2011. They were not a national brand. You would have better luck selling Nebby with this angle because kids often idolize their dads and their teams.

Iowa on the other hand was a dream elite school with a national following and Mark Perry was front and center. But who knows maybe the kid idolized Caels wrestling but if that was the case then ISU is your team growing up.

Just not buying a mizzou kid grew up as a die hard PSU fan.
He was a 2015 high school graduate. 2011 he was in 8th grade so very reasonable.So he was a 7th grader last time Iowa won it

He was a 2015 high school graduate. 2011 he was in 8th grade so very reasonable

But he was watching wrestling prior to 2011 is my point. Most kids start registering sports and watching teams around 3/4th grade. Think back to when you remember your first Iowa bowl game, NCAA finals, World Series or Super bowl. I started remembering and registering in 85 to 86.

So my point is in say 2007/2008 who was looking really good on TV. Iowa was just about to go on a run. Perry had some funk to him and was a #1 recruit. He upset Hendricks in something im sure Jaydin was watching.

To me thats what shaped him. Im sure he appreciated Taylor, Ruth and co but thats after Perry already stole his heart.

Reactions: slushhead
But he was watching wrestling prior to 2011 is my point. Most kids start registering sports and watching teams around 3/4th grade. Think back to when you remember your first Iowa bowl game, NCAA finals, World Series or Super bowl. I started remembering and registering in 85 to 86.

So my point is in say 2007/2008 who was looking really good on TV. Iowa was just about to go on a run. Perry had some funk to him and was a #1 recruit. He upset Hendricks in something im sure Jaydin was watching.

To me thats what shaped him. Im sure he appreciated Taylor, Ruth and co but thats after Perry already stole his heart.
No doubt in my mind he's a Mark Perry fan.Like I said would like to see him with Perry be interesting to see

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
So, the people you hire don't want to improve themselves? And, you don't look for opportunities to help them to improve themselves? Is that what you're saying?

Yeah a pretty harsh comment on my part in hindsight, posted in frustration over the direction the sport is headed at the collegiate level, both with RTCs and now the transfer system. I feel pretty strongly both of these are really stacking the deck against the small guy. I'm a wrestling fan first, hawk fan second. Here's hoping transfers stay the exception rather then the rule but somehow I doubt it.

Reactions: just_somebody
Nobody always wanted to go to PSU before 2011. They were not a national brand. You would have better luck selling Nebby with this angle because kids often idolize their dads and their teams.

Iowa on the other hand was a dream elite school with a national following and Mark Perry was front and center. But who knows maybe the kid idolized Caels wrestling but if that was the case then ISU is your team growing up.

Just not buying a mizzou kid grew up as a die hard PSU fan.
Grew up? The last ten years have been kind to Penn State.

I don't get the feeling PSU is the team he is referring to in his flo interview but I would put nothing past the ability of their checkbook. Being further from his home base and Retherford already there as the #1 guy at his FS weight don't mesh as well.
Iron sharpens Iron, if Eierman wants to learn how to be a more aggressive wrestler , takedown U is the place to go.

Well not everyone is an Alabama football fan either
No they're not, but Penn State has been more successful the last ten years .
Either way , he'll chose to go where he wants to go and I think the decision will be decided more than a young child's fan worship .

This is some serious excitement right before the season kicks off for us. We can all thank Eierman for the tailgater before our first meet. Hope it ends well for the good guys.

Wait, is this more like tailgating or red carpet before the big show? Either way, this season is starting with a lot of excitement and we don't even know our 33 and 41 ers yet. Damn life is good right now! GO HAWKS!

Iron sharpens Iron, if Eierman wants to learn how to be a more aggressive wrestler , TAKE DOWN U is the place to go.
Fify. You must be expecting Molinaro to be his main training partner if he chooses PSU?

Max may be odd man out the rest of his career, does he transfer? He will be on the stand at some point somewhere

Reactions: wasdt21
as soon as you wouldn't answer i knew he was coming, thanks for not lying or breaking the trust someone else placed in you.

Reactions: just_somebody
Max may be odd man out the rest of his career, does he transfer? He will be on the stand at some point somewhere
Max is just a soph and he has every opportunity to with the 141 spot for the next 3 years. I realize it's a forgone conclusion that Lugo and Eierman for 20 and 21 @ 149, but the same opportunity is there for Max at 149 as well. Lastly, Desanto has a RS to burn in either of the next 2 years. Just saying the door has not closed on Max having a spot in the lineup.

Last edited:
yes-yes-excellent-quickmeme-com-22402057.png

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
feel bad for max

Max is a very good wrestler and a huge 141. I don’t think he will give up on himself as easily as you did.

I wouldn’t count him out this year at 141 (vs and undersized DeSanto - and DeSanto RS) or bumping up to take on Turk and Lugo at 149.

Next year would be tough to get in the lineup unless DeSanto takes a RS or otherwise cannot wrestle due to injury, etc.

His senior year he would slot in as the starter at 149.

Does this help explain why Murin isn't listed on the wrestle-off schedule that was put out. Maybe he's already preparing for his stint in the transfer portal?

Does this help explain why Murin isn't listed on the wrestle-off schedule that was put out. Maybe he's already preparing for his stint in the transfer portal?
I doubt it. The preseason matches were announced a couple weeks ago with the official list coming out yesterday (right?). That means our coaching staff legally couldn't start recruiting Eierman until he appeared on the transfer portal yesterday.
That would be a pretty big gut-punch reaction by Murin if he's already considering a transfer. IMO, if Turk doesn't leave, I don't suspect Murin will either.

Eierman transferring really has little impact on Max's future. For starters it has no impact on this year. Next year if Eierman is 141 Max can go 149 like has been talked about or if Eierman is 149 Max could go 141 and AD could red shirt, the following year AD 141 and Max 149.

Last edited:
did i hurt your feelings jack a$$

Whoa there buddy. My post was meant in support of Max, his wrestling abilities and his probable mindset. I didn’t mean it as any slight to you (although rereading my post I can see how you might feel that way). Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reactions: HIWILLE and wasdt21
ADVERTISEMENT