ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk compares George Soros to Jewish supervillain who ‘hates humanity’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Elon Musk made a series of attacks on George Soros overnight, tweeting that the Jewish-born investor and liberal philanthropist, who often is subject to virulent antisemitic conspiracy theories, hates humanity and “wants to erode the very fabric of civilization.”

Musk, who has overseen an increase of antisemitism and other hate speech on Twitter since he bought the social media platform last year, did not give a reason for singling out Soros. But he made his comments three days after Soros’s investment fund reported that it had sold all its stock in Tesla, the electric carmaker that Musk also runs.

And Musk seemed to specifically reference the 92-year-old Holocaust survivor’s background by comparing Soros to Magneto — a Jewish supervillain who “fights to help mutants replace humans as the world’s dominant species,” as Marvel’s official character description puts it.

“Soros reminds me of Magneto,” Musk posted at 10 p.m. Monday, apropos of nothing. The tweet triggered a flood of replies comparing Soros to various symbols of evil, recalling long-standing conspiracy theories that paint him as a godlike billionaire Jew who uses his philanthropic foundations to flood Europe with refugees and corrupt American politics.
Skip to end of carousel

Elon Musk and Twitter​

‘The bird is freed’
Elon Musk completed the acquisition of Twitter for $44 billion on Oct. 27. A lot has happened since then as Musk moves to overhaul the company, taking it private and firing top executives and handing half of Twitter’s workers pink slips.
Before the billionaire sealed the deal, an analysis of his 19,000 tweets showed his complicated relationship with Twitter.
Content moderation
Musk stated his desire to own the social media company so that there’s “an inclusive arena for free speech.” But not long after Musk took control, the Twitter trolls went on a rampage.
In an attempt to reassure advertisers, Musk said during a Twitter Spaces he had noted concerns about hate speech and misinformation on the platform. However, concerns continued to grow after top executives, including those leading content moderation efforts, quit.
The new blue check marks
Paid verification was the first product to launch under Musk’s leadership, and its roll-out was anything but smooth. The $7.99 subscription allowed any user to have a sought-after blue check mark, but after an explosion of impersonation accounts the program was paused. The backlash to the flood of misinformation caused some brands to pull their advertising from the platform.
Check your Twitter privacy settings if you’re worried about your data.
Be hardcore
Musk issued the remaining staff an ultimatum: commit to a new “hardcore” Twitter with longer hours and no remote work or leave the company with severance pay. Hundreds are said to have made the decision to leave the company.
The number of likely departures prompted Musk to ease his return-to-office edict and managers to meet to decide which engineers to ask back, causing many to question whether Twitter is on the verge of shutting down.
1/4
End of carousel
The left-wing commentator Brian Krassenstein replied to Musk, pointing out that Magneto is a Holocaust survivor in Marvel lore, where the character manipulates magnetic fields to oppose (and occasionally help) the heroes of X-Men films and comics. “[Soros], also a Holocaust survivor, get’s attacked nonstop for his good intentions which some Americans think are bad merely because they disagree with this political affiliations,” he wrote.
Musk replied to Krassenstein five minutes later: “You assume they are good intentions. They are not. He wants to erode the very fabric of civilization. Soros hates humanity.”

His tweets were condemned Tuesday morning by Jonathan Greenblatt, chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League, which has catalogued similar conspiracy theories that hold Soros wants to control the world.
“Soros often is held up by the far-right, using antisemitic tropes, as the source of the world’s problems,” Greenblatt wrote on Twitter. “To see Elon Musk, regardless of his intent, feed this segment — comparing him to a Jewish supervillain, claiming Soros ‘hates humanity’ — is not just distressing, it’s dangerous: it will embolden extremists who already contrive anti-Jewish conspiracies and have tried to attack Soros and Jewish communities as a result.”
Musk, who has gutted Twitter’s media relations department, could not immediately be reached for a response.

Soros, who was forced into hiding as a Jewish teenager in Nazi-occupied Hungary, is the focus of international hostility for his wealth, religious background, investments and Open Society Foundations, which spends hundreds of millions of dollars promoting democratic institutions and liberal causes.

Glenn Beck attacked Soros in a three-part Fox News series titled “The Puppet Master” in 2010. Donald Trump has accused him of meddling in U.S. politics. Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has spread lies that Soros turned on other Jews during World War II and collaborated with Nazis.
Musk, who has used his position to amplify extreme-right personalities since he bought Twitter for $44 billion last year, sounded much more ambivalent about Soros a few months ago, when his company was still investing in Tesla.

Asked in January by Ian Miles Cheong — a far-right commentator who has since called for Soros to be arrested — what questions Musk would ask the philanthropist, Musk replied: “Do you actually know where your money is going?”
In March, Musk jumped into a conversation with the far-right Twitter user Catturd, who was promoting a mostly false claim that Soros donated $1 million to New York’s district attorney.
“Soros figured out a clever arbitrage opportunity,” Musk told Catturd. Small political contests, he said, “have much higher impact per dollar spent than the big races, so it is far easier to sway the outcome.”
In fact, The Washington Post’s Fact Checker found the claim highly misleading and wrote that it “plays into stereotypes of rich Jewish financiers secretly controlling events.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2023/05/16/george-soros-elon-musk-adl/

Excellent read here:

Criticizing George Soros is not inherently anti-Semitic. He is one of the world’s richest men and most influential philanthropists, as well as the Democratic Party’s largest single donor, and his views undoubtedly warrant scrutiny and debate. But Musk was not taking issue with a particular statement or position put forward by Soros; he was presenting him as an avatar of evil. He painted Soros as a literal comic-book villain.

This is the language of anti-Semitism through the ages, which perpetually casts powerful Jewish actors as the embodiment of social and political ill. Rather than treat Jews like humans, who are fallible and often mistaken, this mindset refashions them into sinister superhumans who intentionally impose their malign designs on the masses. In recent years, Soros has been a particular target of this treatment, but any Jew or Jewish institution that accumulates some measure of wealth or status tends to attract it, whether the Rothschilds or the state of Israel. In such cases, legitimate criticism is overtaken by conspiracy; the issue is no longer the conduct of the Jewish actor but their very essence.

Excellent read here:

Criticizing George Soros is not inherently anti-Semitic. He is one of the world’s richest men and most influential philanthropists, as well as the Democratic Party’s largest single donor, and his views undoubtedly warrant scrutiny and debate. But Musk was not taking issue with a particular statement or position put forward by Soros; he was presenting him as an avatar of evil. He painted Soros as a literal comic-book villain.

This is the language of anti-Semitism through the ages, which perpetually casts powerful Jewish actors as the embodiment of social and political ill. Rather than treat Jews like humans, who are fallible and often mistaken, this mindset refashions them into sinister superhumans who intentionally impose their malign designs on the masses. In recent years, Soros has been a particular target of this treatment, but any Jew or Jewish institution that accumulates some measure of wealth or status tends to attract it, whether the Rothschilds or the state of Israel. In such cases, legitimate criticism is overtaken by conspiracy; the issue is no longer the conduct of the Jewish actor but their very essence.

What the hell will aholes like Elon do when Soros dies? They will be lost.

It strange how inevitable it is that when a person opens themselves up to believing that their is a conspiracy of shadow governments running things they will also eventually move on to antisemitic tropes.
Anti-Semitism is arguably the world’s oldest and most durable conspiracy theory. It presents Jews as the string-pulling puppet masters behind the world’s political, economic, and social problems. For those seeking simple solutions to life’s complexities, this outlook offers a ready-made explanation—and enemy. Anyone seeking a single source for society's travails may start with run-of-the mill conspiracy theories but will soon end up parroting anti-Jewish ideas.

As I’ve written before, “Conspiracy theorists begin by rejecting mainstream explanations for social and political events in favor of supposedly suppressed knowledge and hidden hands. These individuals may not start out as anti-Semites. But anti-Semitism has a multi-thousand-year head start on their crooked conception of the world, and has produced centuries of material casting the Jews as its chief culprit. Once a person has convinced themselves that an invisible hand is manipulating the masses, they are just a couple of Google searches away from discovering that it belongs to an invisible Jew.”

It’s doubtful that Musk harbors personal animosity toward Jewish people. But he is a conspiracy theorist, and the arc of conspiracy is short and bends toward the Jews.

Anti-Semitism is arguably the world’s oldest and most durable conspiracy theory. It presents Jews as the string-pulling puppet masters behind the world’s political, economic, and social problems. For those seeking simple solutions to life’s complexities, this outlook offers a ready-made explanation—and enemy. Anyone seeking a single source for society's travails may start with run-of-the mill conspiracy theories but will soon end up parroting anti-Jewish ideas.

As I’ve written before, “Conspiracy theorists begin by rejecting mainstream explanations for social and political events in favor of supposedly suppressed knowledge and hidden hands. These individuals may not start out as anti-Semites. But anti-Semitism has a multi-thousand-year head start on their crooked conception of the world, and has produced centuries of material casting the Jews as its chief culprit. Once a person has convinced themselves that an invisible hand is manipulating the masses, they are just a couple of Google searches away from discovering that it belongs to an invisible Jew.”

It’s doubtful that Musk harbors personal animosity toward Jewish people. But he is a conspiracy theorist, and the arc of conspiracy is short and bends toward the Jews.

It's truly fascinating how little the thought processes of mankind has changed since ancient times.

Wait, are there people who think Magneto’s a bad guy? He’s not Voldemort. The motivations are totally different. Magneto only wants to protect mutants.

Does Musk not understand the story?
Just based off of when I've seen him interviewed, I would guess there is a substantial portion of the spectrum of human emotion and complexity that Elon Musk absolutely does not understand.

My For You has become a lot more racist and click-baity. I can read written tweets without clicking on them, but I watch one fight video and now it’s all fight videos.
Sure. I may not use it like you... however...
I get get hot chick ass on instagram because I started clicking on those. For a while my facebook on new york times was almost all women's lib stuff because I read a few of those. (and then kept clicking)

I've been getting fight stuff on Twitter... but i've also clicked on that stuff and followed one of the really popular accounts.

So in that general sense, it just doesn't seem much different than most of these social media suggestion algorithms.

And what's all the racist stuff you claim has showed up? But for a certain segment of the fight videos where certain commenters seem to show up for videos showing black people misbehaving, I haven't noticed anything different.

George Soros literally sided with nazis against other jews in world War 2. He feels zero guilt about it. He isn't a cartoon villain, he is a real life villain
That's a pretty harsh interpretation and judgment of the accounting I've read.

George Soros literally sided with nazis against other jews in world War 2. He feels zero guilt about it. He isn't a cartoon villain, he is a real life villain
289645e9e0ded60ba652ebd2f311f383.jpg

Jesus H Christ you all are gullible.

Maybe….just maybe he has more information than you? Knows his business career? Bankrupted entire countries by destroying their currency to amass his insane wealth? Has literally referred to himself (seriously) as “God.”

Crack a f*ckin book you goddamned nerds.

Should have been obvious that Elon was a Jew hater, when he let Kanye back on Twitter after he went on an Anti-Semitic rant.

Get your facts straight if you want to comment dipshit.

Community note:

Currently rated helpful·Shown on Twitter

Easy to understand · Provides important context
Ye [Kanye West] was never suspended by Twitter nor was his account taken down. His account was "restricted" to read-only mode two weeks ago following an antisemitic tweet. Account restriction is automatically lifted after the user deletes the offending tweet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/28/technology/kanye-ye-twitter-ban.html https://www.thedailybeast.com/no-kanyes-twitter-account-hasnt-been-reactivatedbecause-it-was-never-taken-down https://nypost.com/2022/10/28/kanye-wests-twitter-suspension-appears-over-after-elon-musk-takeover/

Not a Nazi sympathizer or helper. Simply hidden as a child as not being Jewish as a lot of them had to. If you want to know why this is true and why saying such BS like “George Soros literally sided with nazis against other jews in world War 2” is typical unhinged lunacy, I would like to point out he was 9 years old when the war started.

Not a Nazi sympathizer or helper. Simply hidden as a child as not being Jewish as a lot of them had to. If you want to know why this is true and why saying such BS like “George Soros literally sided with nazis against other jews in world War 2” is typical unhinged lunacy, I would like to point out he was 9 years old when the war started.
@hawkedoff seriously get a clue

The poster you are responding to is a known liar and bigot on this board. Don’t bother.

Musk = Apartheid

It's baked into the dna of any white afrikaaner from South Africa.
Baked into a person from India that spent time in India and then went back to India? I mean there is zero doubt about the greatness of Ghandi but he sure had some interesting ideas on race after spending time in south Africa. That and sleeping naked with little girls to test his resolve. Because that's what people do is sleep naked with children to test their discipline on their own sexual urges.

Maybe you should drop the racism

Baked into a person from India that spent time in India and then went back to India? I mean there is zero doubt about the greatness of Ghandi but he sure had some interesting ideas on race after spending time in south Africa. That and sleeping naked with little girls to test his resolve. Because that's what people do is sleep naked with children to test their discipline on their own sexual urges.

Maybe you should drop the racism
Sounds like you speak from experience in testing your resolve.

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT