ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN dumps Mark May

Thank you, thank you, thank you ESPN. First Lou Holtz "retires" (although, I think they just got tired of cleaning the spit off the camera lenses) now Mark May is put on the back burner. It's almost enough to restore one's faith in sportscasting. Almost.
Now, if they could turn their great eye on Beth Mowins, I might be able to turn my audio back on during games.

Reactions: Hawktheworld
Title little misleading. May isn't leaving ESPN Just no longer on College football final. Still be on ESPN just on a another studio show. On the other hand thank the good lord Lou holtz is gone for good from ESPN.

Mark May served his purpose. He got Buckeye nation to hate him, and that's good business. Now that they are on top and look to stay up there, they replaced him with former Buckeye Joey Galloway.

I didn't hate him but it seemed like it was becoming too schtick-like with him and Lou. He could very well be great in his new job.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I actually watched an ESPN show outside of a live game. Yeah, PTI almost daily, sure...maybe a half hour of Mike and Mike before work but that's a stretch most days. A bit of Sportscenter early weekend mornings now and then...

Otherwise, nothing at all. May/Holtz...been a very long time since I watched them for any more than say 2-3 minutes. Gameday...maybe 5 or so minutes at the very end before a Hawk game starts but that's it.

It stopped being about "useful information" a LONG time ago with that channel.

May was okay. Don't like Palmer. Fowler was really good, but I think Rece Davis will be a good replacement for him on Gameday.

That seems uncalled for.
+1. While her play by play skills leave a bit to be desired, I'm sure she gave her best effort. Kind of like our current football staffs' efforts to produce a good football team.

I'm sure Beth Mowins is a nice person. It's nothing personal, and her play by play isn't any worse than some of the other sports commentators. But, her voice is "fingernails on a chalkboard" grating and hard to listen to through a whole game.
Crows are intelligent creatures and can use tools to achieve their aims, but I wouldn't categorize them as a beautiful songbird.

Last edited:
Reactions: sloehawk
+1. While her play by play skills leave a bit to be desired, I'm sure she gave her best effort. Kind of like our current football staffs' efforts to produce a good football team.
Leaves a bit to be desired is the understatement of the year. Her and Joey are football retarded.

I get tired of listening to people gripe and moan all the time.
Then my brother you are on the wrong site. That's what these people do on a regular basis. When your own life sucks, you come to a website and bitch about how bad everything is. Buckle up it's going to be a fun season with the miserables.

Then my brother you are on the wrong site. That's what these people do on a regular basis. When your own life sucks, you come to a website and bitch about how bad everything is. Buckle up it's going to be a fun season with the miserables.
LesMis.jpg

Reactions: tigerhawkfan2
I watch about 8-10 hrs of college football every Saturday during the season. I haven't watched a football show in years. There isn't a single show that I enjoy. To me you can't fix crappy programming with any personalities.

I agree with you Couger63.

I, too, agree. I don't understand this massive distaste for football analysts. Sure, I prefer some to others, but the vicious criticisms of these guys is about as weird as it is common, IMO. There are probably more than 100 hate threads on this board alone bashing football analysts every year. I don't get the obsession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT