ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody be gettin divorced

Just to be clear.

Now that we all know and agree with the rule. Does that mean havin a selfie counts as giving a beej, or does that not count either?

Reactions: GOHOX69
Been with the same woman for almost 25 years. Honestly couldn’t imagine getting divorced, would easily be the worst thing that’s ever happened to me.

Nobody in my friend group has gotten divorced. Know a few couples from like kids’ sports teams but we don’t know them super well

Whats funny is Im a well published author. Enjoy
Uh Huh Sure GIF

Reactions: Ree4 and McLovin32
38, wife and I only have one friend couple that got divorced and they did so 3 (ish) years ago. I worked with the female years ago and she is good shit, and was fun to hang out with in your 20s, but they were the party couple. Had to have a social event every night, bars and then after hours every weekend ect. She was older than him and frankly he has zero confidence so what started as "he is just super laid back" as she would be "dancing" was really just he had zero balls and would never tell her no, for anything, eventually she realized she didn't want a yes man and kicked him to the curb.

He immediately got remarried, he is happy so I won't give him a hard time but his new wife is shockingly unattractive, with another dudes kids. The female that was our friend is a absolute mess, barely hanging on to a job she has way to mich talent for, but it let's her do her work from "home" which is usually a bar stool. Once a good friend of mine I haven't spoke to her in close to a year.

Everybody saw it coming, hell, on her wedding day she told her bridesmaids she didn't really want to do it.

Life's a bitch sometimes, that's why I don't have any issue with gays, find someone that makes you happy and run with it, you are lucky to get 85 years on this rock.

Last edited:
I don’t believe that stat? 🤣
In all seriousness, I have read that those divorce stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. The way the stat works is take the number of divorces in a given year and divide it by the number of marriages that year. But people that stay married only get counted once and it’s not that uncommon for people to get divorced more than once and they keep getting counted.

TLDR: it’s still too many people that get divorced but it’s a little inflated to say half of all marriages end in divorce.

In all seriousness, I have read that those divorce stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. The way the stat works is take the number of divorces in a given year and divide it by the number of marriages that year. But people that stay married only get counted once and it’s not that uncommon for people to get divorced more than once and they keep getting counted.

TLDR: it’s still too many people that get divorced but it’s a little inflated to say half of all marriages end in divorce.

Is there a reason people that have had multiple divorces shouldn't count when you're trying to find how many marriages end in divorce?

Is there a reason people that have had multiple divorces shouldn't count when you're trying to find how many marriages end in divorce?
I should be more clear. It’s a distinction between half of all marriages and half of all people. Another way to say it is meaningfully less “first marriages” end in divorce. But it’s still way too many. I’ve seen different numbers quoted but it’s still a fairly large number, just not as many as you would think from the numbers that always get thrown around.

I should be more clear. It’s a distinction between half of all marriages and half of all people. Another way to say it is meaningfully less “first marriages” end in divorce. But it’s still way too many. I’ve seen different numbers quoted but it’s still a fairly large number, just not as many as you would think from the numbers that always get thrown around.
Why is it way too many? What is the right amount? Is that your number?

The only numbers I've ever seen are just the marriages that end in divorce. IMO, people that have had a divorce being more likely to have another makes perfect sense, and wouldn't expect much else.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter because all marriages end in death or divorce with neither outcome being a great indicator of personally happiness.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
My dad's good friend is a marriage counsler. He has some wild stories, but he mentioned some of the differences from 30 years ago to today are communication, people will text rather than talk in person. Like they will air their grievances via text on the way to work rather than the night before or morning in person, then not discuss it at all later in person. Thats wild to me. Another was ease of divorce, everyone doing it and thinking they want that single and free lifestyle back. And then sports, families being strewn all over the state/country for kids sporting events and never having any time together. It leads to disconnect between couples and that obviously leads to infidelity.

Then there are the timeless reasons like infidelity, one or both giving up on appearances, falling out of love, money, career.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
A lot of it I think is setting expectations right from the start. For example, I'm the man of the house, at least until my wife gets home. I do whatever I want, whenever I want, as long as she says I can. I told her the sooner she figures out who's boss in our house, the sooner she can give me my orders. She knows I have certain needs, but they aren't that important. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and I'm going to do what she tells me to.
Straight off of Bob & Tom!

Reactions: EasyHawk
Living in the same house with the ex while finalizing our divorce has been just awesome

But I have lost weight. Besides her making food for everyone but me and me being too scared to eat anything she would give to me anyway, I am going to look good for summer

And it really confuses the dogs when I have had new females over while the kids and wife have been out of town.

My dad's good friend is a marriage counsler. He has some wild stories, but he mentioned some of the differences from 30 years ago to today are communication, people will text rather than talk in person. Like they will air their grievances via text on the way to work rather than the night before or morning in person, then not discuss it at all later in person. Thats wild to me. Another was ease of divorce, everyone doing it and thinking they want that single and free lifestyle back. And then sports, families being strewn all over the state/country for kids sporting events and never having any time together. It leads to disconnect between couples and that obviously leads to infidelity.

Then there are the timeless reasons like infidelity, one or both giving up on appearances, falling out of love, money, career.
The counselor we used was a freaking joke. The wife met with her for sessions before we went as a couple. The favoritism was so obvious. She even told me as much during one of the sessions when the ex had to leave early . If anyone in IC area is ever going to start marriage counseling shoot me a message, as I will tell you who not to use

Reactions: NI hawk
The counselor we used was a freaking joke. The wife met with her for sessions before we went as a couple. The favoritism was so obvious. She even told me as much during one of the sessions when the ex had to leave early . If anyone in IC area is ever going to start marriage counseling shoot me a message, as I will tell you who not to use
It's funny you say that, my dad's friend has mentioned women therapists drive him a good deal of business because they just can't help but take the women's side constantly.

It's funny you say that, my dad's friend has mentioned women therapists drive him a good deal of business because they just can't help but take the women's side constantly.
And some of the things were blatant. I was supposed to tell me wife she was the most important person in world to me. The therapist never asked wife to say same to me.

Of course I wouldn’t say it because it wasn’t true.

Reactions: NI hawk
I could write a book about my divorce and you still wouldn’t believe it. I explained the details in the past and have no desire to go back in time. However, your comment about the counselor was my exact experience. It takes two people to make a marriage work and it takes two to make it fail. I certainly had faults in our marriage, but our counseling sessions were just a tag team on me and I finally said fvck this, I ain’t going. I didn’t feel the need to pay a stranger to get treated like shit…my x wife had that shit covered by herself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT