ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody in the gym knew who

If they had put Johnson on CC earlier, it would have helped Martin and Affolter be bigger scoring threats, so that may have offset having someone more athletic guarding CC.

And Flo Jae would have been more tired and less of an offensive factor.

Mulvey had to choose which choice was better.
Clearly, Van Lith was ineffective on both ends of the court. Not athletic enough to guard a taller CC.

If they had put Johnson on CC earlier, it would have helped Martin and Affolter be bigger scoring threats, so that may have offset having someone more athletic guarding CC.

And Flo Jae would have been more tired and less of an offensive factor.

Mulvey had to choose which choice was better.
Clearly, Van Lith was ineffective on both ends of the court. Not athletic enough to guard a taller CC.

Bingo….and I’m no Kim Mulkey fan but she had to make a choice. Wear/foul out her best outside scoring option chasing CC and render her in ineffective or roll the dice with the occasional swap out.

POA nor HVL had much success, nor would have FJ in the long run. Short term gains for long term losses….

Might be a decent Tax/investment strategy but not for basketball…LOL

Here is the rub.. for all the Big Bad LSU talk even our fans were afraid of…

CC was the best player…AR and then FJ next, probably on FJ.

After that Martin, Stuelke and Affolter were every ounce the talents that Morrow (smaller Reese IMO) and Williams (still a frosh) were….

Gabby who has been disrespected all year even by our fans and AO had very good games. AO Was way stronger on AR than I believed she could be…

I’ve battled this all year. This is a GREAT team and yet we’ve been marginalized by our own fans….

This team would blow last years out of the water.

PS….forgot HVL, she was a distant 9th or 10th best player in the court, right above or right below Gabby and honestly, that may not be fair to Gabby…🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Bingo….and I’m no Kim Mulkey fan but she had to make a choice. Wear/foul out her best outside scoring option chasing CC and render her in ineffective or roll the dice with the occasional swap out.

POA nor HVL had much success, nor would have FJ in the long run. Short term gains for long term losses….

Might be a decent Tax/investment strategy but not for basketball…LOL

Here is the rub.. for all the Big Bad LSU talk even our fans where afraid of…

CC was the best player…AR and then FJ next, probably on FJ.

After that Martin, Stuelke and Affolter were every ounce the talents that Morrow (smaller Reese IMO) and Williams (still a frosh) were….

Gabby has been disrespected all year even by our fans and AO had a very good game. Was way stronger on AR than I believe she could be…

I’ve battle this all year. This is a GREAT team and yet we’ve been marginalized by our own fans….

This team would blow last years out of the water.

PS….forgot HVL, she was a distant 9th or 10th best player in the court, right above or right below Gabby and honestly, that may not be fair to Gabby…🤷‍♂️
HVL was a "net negative" last nite.

Shannon Sharpe on ESPN today called her "The Three Ss"...short/slow/sick.

So many aggrieved Hawkeye fans.

Anywho, Last Tear, I’m curious about the origin of that name. I believe she is from Australia but does anyone have the skinny on this?

Since CC is not my baby sister, it doesn't bother me if someone out there thinks a certain player is better than CC or a team is better than Iowa. We all have our biased opinions.

Plus the fact that it would serve the Hawks well if the talking heads think the other teams in the FF are better than Iowa. Nothing like a little more fuel for the fire.

p.s. Reese was unstoppable (as was Clark) before she reinjured her ankle IMO. I think there was a notable difference after the incident.

Since CC is not my baby sister, it doesn't bother me if someone out there thinks a certain player is better than CC or a team is better than Iowa. We all have our biased opinions.

Plus the fact that it would serve the Hawks well if the talking heads think the other teams in the FF are better than Iowa. Nothing like a little more fuel for the fire.

p.s. Reese was unstoppable (as was Clark) before she reinjured her ankle IMO. I think there was a notable difference after the incident.

Agreed, though their conditioning was likely just as guilty a culprit.

Reese was sucking wind HARD. Ankle had NOTHING to do with that.

Maybe more time conditioning and less time being a social media star

I knew they were gassed at the end of the 2nd, but so were we. I didn’t expect them to be that gassed so early in the 3rd. The game pace cooked them. Give them credit, they keep playing as hard as they could, but that pace was relentless.

There was a stretch there in the third-quarter going into the fourth where they were literally just getting down court in time for us to lay the ball in and turn around and run back the other direction…

More than anything those long passes and layups are extremely disheartening. They could not keep up, so their play slowly began to suffer.

I’m not going to disparage UCONN but in my humble opinion, they will struggle with it too.

CC will be second best on Friday, according to Geno that is

🙄
Actually he Covered his Ass after their game last night and said he didn't know why he said that and CC is the best player now and ever. He also said he didn't want to piss her off and then have to watch her drop 50 on him Friday night.. lolol

• Haha
Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
I don’t believe anyone on ESPN sad that.

Can you name someone that did? Or, at least, studio versus court side? Any details?
I believe the guy doing the game said in the first half that Reese was and I think Greenburg on Get UP this morning said it as well, though he said Clark was clearly the better player in the 2nd half

I knew they were gassed at the end of the 2nd, but so were we. I didn’t expect them to be that gassed so early in the 3rd. The game pace cooked them. Give them credit, they keep playing as hard as they could, but that pace was relentless.

There was a stretch there in the third-quarter going into the fourth where they were literally just getting down court in time for us to lay the ball in and turn around and run back the other direction…

More than anything those long passes and layups are extremely disheartening. They could not keep up, so their play slowly began to suffer.

I’m not going to disparage UCONN but in my humble opinion, they will struggle with it too.
Yes, late q3 til early q4 was a track meet.

And every time she threw a strike their shoulders dropped a little more.

If they can do that to UConn there's no way the biggest Gamecock can run with them.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT