ADVERTISEMENT

Explain your screen name

I have spent a lot of time recently in your area. My daughter has a slight bone disorder and the Children's Hospital in Akron is the pioneer for treatment/surgeries for her condition. Just spent Easter weekend in Cuyahoga Falls, since her appt. was the day after Easter. Spent Easter at the Akron Zoo. Nice little zoo. The rest of the time was spent in the Hotel Pool as the 3 year old thinks she is amphibian.

Also, got to sample Donato's pizza. Not a bad little place!
When my youngest daughter was 6, she had an accident where two of her finger tips were almost completely severed. She was rushed to Akron Children's at midnight where a pediatric orthopedic hand surgeon was waiting for her. Their amazing care and talented physicians were the reason she made a 100% recovery.. Today she is a JR at the University of Iowa, only a few small scars on her fingers remain to remind us that Akron Children's Hospital is one of the finest medical facilities for children in the entire world. But you probably know this. You certainly came to the right place.

In a twist of fate, my oldest daughter is a nurse at Akron Children's Hospital, so it must be awesome.

Donato's is pretty good pizza for sure, not the best, but better than most.

WaMaC: Current conference affiliation of our local HS (strong wrestling conference, mostly 2A). Name came from first letter of 3 Eastern Iowa Rivers: Wapsie, Maquoketa, and the Cedar.

EIHC: Former conference affiliation of our local HS...now defunct....was the once proud Eastern Iowa Hawkeye Conference which was comprised of several quality area 2A schools (some good wrestling history also). EIHC dissolved as enrollment disparities became too large (CCA/Solon/MtV/Wburg were on the rise whereas Wilton, ICR, Durant, WB, Tipton, WL all were experiencing declining enrollments)

Combine the current conference with the former conference spelled backwards gets you to my screen name.

I used to post a lot on the iowapreps sight when these boards came out years ago as I had a bunch of interest in various high school teams...now I just follow this board and thepredicament.com

I don't post a lot but you guys are so GD entertaining....I have a hard time not checking in every couple days. Keep up the good work everyone!

User names are like tattoos, choose wisely. Otherwise you'll have to explain then as an old adult.

Lesson Learned :cool:

I grabbed Spicolli 20 years ago..that's how old my son is.. Was watching Fast Times night before with some buddies.. yes, we hit the "van" hard back then living in CO... Thought that would be a good screen name...funny...20 years later.. I'm still here!!
**Several years ago daughter #3 comes into office when I'm responding to a post.. "who's Spicolli" she asked. I said.. just some jack ass on this board.. hahaha.

Good stuff...

Last name is Goldman. A college girlfriend gave me my two favorite nicknames; Goldbanger and Lecherous Beast, for reasons you can surmise. My avatar was inspired by the former AZChief.

Reactions: whejoe
WaMaC: Current conference affiliation of our local HS (strong wrestling conference, mostly 2A). Name came from first letter of 3 Eastern Iowa Rivers: Wapsie, Maquoketa, and the Cedar.

EIHC: Former conference affiliation of our local HS...now defunct....was the once proud Eastern Iowa Hawkeye Conference which was comprised of several quality area 2A schools (some good wrestling history also). EIHC dissolved as enrollment disparities became too large (CCA/Solon/MtV/Wburg were on the rise whereas Wilton, ICR, Durant, WB, Tipton, WL all were experiencing declining enrollments)

Combine the current conference with the former conference spelled backwards gets you to my screen name.

I used to post a lot on the iowapreps sight when these boards came out years ago as I had a bunch of interest in various high school teams...now I just follow this board and thepredicament.com

I don't post a lot but you guys are so GD entertaining....I have a hard time not checking in every couple days. Keep up the good work everyone!
Only every couple days? Slacker!!

Mine is a bit convoluted....

About 20 years ago I joined my first online community with the user name of laughingwillow. (It was a forum dedicated to the study of medicinal plants and cactus.)

That name was eventually shortened to lw which morphed to ldub and then eldub. I apparently joined HR during that time.

With the real life initials of “SAW,” I eventually morphed to ese, which is the equivalent Spanish pronunciation of “SA.” (I have a degree in Spanish.) That led to the moniker of esedub which resulted in my email addy of esewarner@.

Mine is a bit convoluted....

About 20 years ago I joined my first online community with the user name of laughingwillow. (It was a forum dedicated to the study of medicinal plants and cactus.)

That name was eventually shortened to lw which morphed to ldub and then eldub. I apparently joined HR during that time.

With the real life initials of “SAW,” I eventually morphed to ese, which is the equivalent Spanish pronunciation of “SA.” (I have a degree in Spanish.) That led to the moniker of esedub which resulted in my email addy of esewarner@.

I smell weed.

Interestingly, the discussion of cannabis was not allowed on that site. Many of us were growers in conservative states who didn’t want to draw attention to our gardens back in the day....

I was going to add that I too remember back - not look ago actually - when I apparently said and did things. I might add also, that during these years I apparently got a college degree.

Reactions: shobart and el dub
I caught John Prine in Atlanta once, back in the day after getting shut out of a Dead show at the Fox Theater.

I had a joint all rolled and ready but was nervous to spark it up due to security. The guy sitting next to me recommended that I wait until John came out on stage and all eyes would be on him.

Soon the lights went down in that small venue and I realized that was my cue. So I lit the joint. John stepped up to the mic, looked directly at us and announced that he had the perfect song for the occasion and started the show with Illegal Smile. Apparently all eyes were on the stage except for John Prine’s....

No good story to mine, 07 is when I graduated high school. I've often considered changing it, but don't want to be confused as a troll!

I caught John Prine in Atlanta once, back in the day after getting shut out of a Dead show at the Fox Theater.

I had a joint all rolled and ready but was nervous to spark it up due to security. The guy sitting next to me recommended that I wait until John came out on stage and all eyes would be on him.

Soon the lights went down in that small venue and I realized that was my cue. So I lit the joint. John stepped up to the mic, looked directly at us and announced that he had the perfect song for the occasion and started the show with Illegal Smile. Apparently all eyes were on the stage except for John Prine’s....
Got turned on to John Prine after hearing him on the Grace Potter channel on Pandora. I like Sam Stone. And enjoy his version of angel from Montgomery

Reactions: el dub
This was part of the Grothus thread, I know, b/c I put it there. Anyway, glad to see it come back. I remember "CCA Hawk" catching us off guard when explained that CCA stood for "Certified Crop Advisor" and not "Clear Creek Amana" or WWDM tried to get by with a short version of how he got the extra "W".

Regarding extra letters...

I wanted to use "Big Norse" but found that it was taken. I tried "Valhalla" and it was taken and then went to the Norwegian spelling "Valhöll" and found it was taken as well. Lacking the desire to try "Lutefisk Hunter" or "Syttende mai" I just decided it would be easier to add an extra "L" and misspell "Valholl" telling myself, "Nobody's going to spell check my screen name".

The avatar is a sticker I had made for my bike's wheel and it makes it pro.

Last edited:
We have done this before. Seats in Carver for 25 years - Section GG, Row 12, Seats 1 and 2.

I think I posted this comment the last time you explained your screen name --- when I first saw your name, I thought your initials were GG and your wrestling record was 121 and 2 (high school or college record, not sure which - either one, you were certainly a blue chip stud!) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CumberlandHawk
First letter of my first name and my wife's first name. Coach because I have 3 boys and have always loved sports, so I coach lots of their different teams. Ironically, I wrestled, but none of my boys do, so I coach basketball, football, and baseball. 80 is the year I was born. Good thread. I like the explanations of the screen names. I don't have an avatar because I'm not real computer savy and I don't have much time to try to figure out how to do it!

This was part of the Grothus thread, I know, b/c I put it there. Anyway, glad to see it come back. I remember "CCA Hawk" catching us off guard when explained that CCA stood for "Certified Crop Advisor" and not "Clear Creek Amana" or WWDM tried to get by with a short version of how he got the extra "W".

Regarding extra letters...

I wanted to use "Big Norse" but found that it was taken. I tried "Valhalla" and it was taken and then went to the Norwegian spelling "Valhöll" and found it was taken as well. Lacking the desire to try "Lutefisk Hunter" or "Syttende mai" I just decided it would be easier to add an extra "L" and misspell "Valholl" telling myself, "Nobody's going to spell check my screen name".

The avatar is a sticker I had made for my bike's wheel and it makes it pro.

I wish WWDM would let us know - again - why he has that extra "W." It's one of my favorite stories, but I'm not sure everone's heard it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT