ADVERTISEMENT

Explain your screen name

Stealing this from themat forums. Some good responses there so I thought I would see what our board can do.

Wildturkey is something I used to hunt and drink a lot. I now do neither but the name stuck with me. What say you?
By page 3 this will turn into

Reactions: WildTurk
I’m a huge Chiefs fan. I mentioned there being other forums where I use a different screen name and have thousands of posts... one of them is ChiefsPlanet.

Still love my Chiefs...used to fly into KC for game each year...or go to San Diego or Phx if they were playing there. Right now though, pretty much all of my sports time and $$$ goes into this.

The initials of my fiancé at the time that I started this account and the date we met. We’ve been divorced now for 9 years, but I didn’t want to switch accounts and have people thinking I was a rookie.

On a related subject, I’d also like to know how to switch user names. She was the worst and made no effort to learn anything about wrestling. Plus, if my current wife knew about this I’d be in big trouble.

Great God Mike Ditka

Ditka-Finger.jpg

Had the tv on while doing some studying back in college and it happened to be on some informercial. Took a break as I was/am a bit of a procrastinater. Was checking out the Iowa football forums and decided to make a username and start posting. Thank you fitness made simple for the inspiration.

Last edited:
My Pop was born in 1932 he was a Wrestler we are a “Wrestling Family”. My father had hands like stones and I always admired that from when I was young. I did not fully understand how important your GRIP was in the sport of wrestling till my career was over. If I was to recommend to young wrestlers something instrumental and it’s importance is often not emphasized enough it’s your Grip. Things were different when we were young we did a lot of manual labor. So many young athletes are not exposed too Manual labor as We did with my Pop and many of you also did while growing up these things gave us strong hands. Incorporating hand strength exercises can be over looked and should be a very very big part of wrestling training methods.....
Also I have always thought there should be a 220lb class in the NCAA.
So you guys know Flounder will be my evil troll name on the F**st board when I start trolling like some of them Moran’s....

Last edited:
I won't ever quit on being a Northwestern fan. Love and root for all their sports. Won't ever give them a plugged nickle after they put my daughter on a waiting list. She is graduating in three weeks with high honors from Kelly School of Business. Good kid. She's a wiz kid. Sorry,but when you mess with blood, you will get dissed by me. Pretty much can't stand half of what the higher administration does.

I won't ever quit on being a Northwestern fan. Love and root for all their sports. Won't ever give them a plugged nickle after they put my daughter on a waiting list. She is graduating in three weeks with high honors from Kelly School of Business. Good kid. She's a wiz kid. Sorry,but when you mess with blood, you will get dissed by me. Pretty much can't stand half of what the higher administration does.
Quite honestly,I really reject alot of what Northwestern stands for. My skin crawls just being near some of the alums or students. Another reason why I root for Iowa and Indiana. NU is way to materialistic and elitist for my taste. I would definitely favor a school like Wisconsin or Michigan if a smart kid wants to stay in Midwest. 90 percent of the graduates from NU lose their true souls before the age of 25 and never get it back. Lost souls. Just sayin!

. If I was to recommend to young wrestlers something so instrumental and it’s importance is often not emphasized enough it’s your Grip. Things were different when we were young we did a lot of manual labor So many young athletes are not exposed too Manual labor as We did with my Pop and many of you also did while growing up these things gave us strong hands. Incorporating hand strength exercises can be over looked and should be a very very big part of wrestling training methods......
Totally agree with this.

Anyway, what does that have to with your screen name?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT