ADVERTISEMENT

Fans from rival fan bases trying to tear down Caitlin

CC is now the most-hated college athlete in America, driven mainly by Cyclone and Husker fans, with a smattering of LSU , WVU, UConn, and SC idiots thrown in

If CC had any regrets about going to the WNBA, her present treatment by the above would dispel her of that notion ASAP

I love what Caitlin has done for the University and the State of Iowa.

I admire how she's taken on the role of torchbearer for women's basketball and women's sports in general.

I don't envy the heaviness of the crown she has to wear in blazing a trail like few other, if any, women have blazed before her.

I don't care one lick about the cursing (no one gives two shits if a male players drops F bombs left and right on the court) or the playing to the crowd.

But it does get old seeing her complain about every single bit of contact. Dude, you're the best women's player on the planet....just play thru it.

What did that person say that was wrong? Her attitude is disappointing. I can't imagine the pressure and microscope she's under but to not acknowledge her constant bitching at the refs and her own players is showing your bias. The person said she's a great player, her attitude is disappointing, and athletes should set good examples for young people. Oh, he also says this is not just about CC. I don't get where he's wrong.

Everything positive about Clark being said is true from getting the crowd going to all the time she spends signing autographs. Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed in her ball off her head and the words she was mouthing in last night game. Especially in what is a family setting with so many young kids. Has to be very difficult for her.

What did that person say that was wrong? Her attitude is disappointing. I can't imagine the pressure and microscope she's under but to not acknowledge her constant bitching at the refs and her own players is showing your bias. The person said she's a great player, her attitude is disappointing, and athletes should set good examples for young people. Oh, he also says this is not just about CC. I don't get where he's wrong.
Don’t ever let your kids sit behind a bench at a D1 football game.

News flash, top athletes are competitive and yell and swear during games. Happened all the time before CC and will happen all the time after. The difference between CC and almost every other athlete is that she is under a constant microscope with a camera following her every move. Everything she does is scrutinized. Like I said above, this is normal in men’s sports but now that more eyes are on WBB, meaning more cameras and scrutiny, people are acting surprised that highly competitive women would act the same way.

Complaining about the refs...

That's the ONE area she can improve. And she wasn't bad at all against WV. I'm sure she was reminded of he behavior after the 1st round.

Players complaining about refs and whining in the games is done CONSTANTLY. Some warranted, but other times... Just gotta play on.

You don't think she is setting a good example for all the kids who wave the Caitlin signs and stand in line to get autographs?

CC is now the most-hated college athlete in America, driven mainly by Cyclone and Husker fans, with a smattering of LSU , WVU, UConn, and SC idiots thrown in

If CC had any regrets about going to the WNBA, her present treatment by the above would dispel her of that notion ASAP
That last couple of games something has happened... she looks like she's losing control. Way too much bitching at the refs, bad body language, talking to the crowd (who yells at their own fans to "Stand the **** up!"?).

Definitely time for her to go to the WNBA. But unless she gets a hold of herself, her first season is going to be a rough one. The big girls won't put up with it and the refs in the WNBA won't either.

That last couple of games something has happened... she looks like she's losing control. Way too much bitching at the refs, bad body language, talking to the crowd (who yells at their own fans to "Stand the **** up!"?).

Definitely time for her to go to the WNBA. But unless she gets a hold of herself, her first season is going to be a rough one. The big girls won't put up with it and the refs in the WNBA won't either.
Hope she has a good mouth guard 😉

• Love
Reactions: tweeterhawk
My favorites are the ones saying that she is a terrible role model because she said the word f**k so she needs to just "shut the f**k up".

As if those people don't say "Shut the f**k up" at least 5 times a day.

Interestingly, except for the occasional Angel Reese fan almost all of the bullcrap hate posts are men. I'm sure there's nothing to that though.

She can say what she wants and others can do what they want. Ultimately, karma evens everything out. No one is perfect.

She can say what she wants and others can do what they want. Ultimately, karma evens everything out. No one is perfect.
200w.gif

You don't think she is setting a good example for all the kids who wave the Caitlin signs and stand in line to get autographs?

And Caitlin spends lots of time signing them and not to mention the little girls that get their parents to drive hundreds of miles to see Caitlin play. Little girls all over the US and even Canada watch because of her.

I know her Dad isn't a fan of her potty mouth. He looked aghast at one point last night. I don't blame him, it detracts from her image.

Maybe he was aghast at the officiating and the non-called fouls against CC and her teammates? False scenarios get made out of TV camera work. After the Holy Cross game everyone believed that she was complaining to her Dad in the middle of the game. That wasn't true either.

I love what Caitlin has done for the University and the State of Iowa.

I admire how she's taken on the role of torchbearer for women's basketball and women's sports in general.

I don't envy the heaviness of the crown she has to wear in blazing a trail like few other, if any, women have blazed before her.

I don't care one lick about the cursing (no one gives two shits if a male players drops F bombs left and right on the court) or the playing to the crowd.

But it does get old seeing her complain about every single bit of contact. Dude, you're the best women's player on the planet....jus

I wish our men's team had half of her intensity and desire. It rubs off and is contagious. Top competitors all have this in them, a little asshole'ishness that stokes the flame... In other words, she wears her heart on her sleeve...

Maybe he was aghast at the officiating and the non-called fouls against CC and her teammates? False scenarios get made out of TV camera work. After the Holy Cross game everyone believed that she was complaining to her Dad in the middle of the game. That wasn't true either.
You're right! I shouldn't have said "I know" that to be the case. The incident happened right after she scored and was celebrating and gesturing. Looked like she said "f*** ____ " with the second word being perhaps "yeah." I think it was an "and-one" so not an officiating omission. Paired with her Dad's reaction ... it sure seems like she released an f-bomb as casually as a logo-3.

Reactions: MitchLL
You're right! I shouldn't have said "I know" that to be the case. The incident happened right after she scored and was celebrating and gesturing. Looked like she said "f*** ____ " with the second word being perhaps "yeah." I think it was an "and-one" so not an officiating omission. Paired with her Dad's reaction ... it sure seems like she released an f-bomb as casually as a logo-3.

I'm pretty sure you are right about the f-bomb being released. I just don't think that the social media narrative of her Dad being unhappy with her antics is likely to be true. Camera picks up CC dropping an f-bomb, then the tv shows her dad looking irritated and saying something. I think there is a better chance than not that he's irritated with something (like the officiating) other than her dropping the f-bomb. Heck, I'm assuming it was loud there and that he may not have even known she dropped an f-bomb at that moment.

I'm pretty sure you are right about the f-bomb being released. I just don't think that the social media narrative of her Dad being unhappy with her antics is likely to be true. Camera picks up CC dropping an f-bomb, then the tv shows her dad looking irritated and saying something. I think there is a better chance than not that he's irritated with something (like the officiating) other than her dropping the f-bomb. Heck, I'm assuming it was loud there and that he may not have even known she dropped an f-bomb at that moment.
You may be right about Dad's reaction.

CC had her head turned a bit, and without knowing where she was in relation to where her parents were sitting, he may not have seen her face.

After watching the Stanford gal and other high profile games this past few seasons, I don't feel so bad about overusing the "f bomb".
LOL

Every sport has a talented but hated player. Its just WBball finally has been elevated to that level where massive numbers of people are paying attention and paying money. So of course that one player would eventually emerge.

The most interesting part is that it happened at Iowa. Not UConn, Tenn or South Carolina. Iowa. Thats special.

She's under enormous pressure to not only win, but win in a way that lives up to inflated expectation that has been thrust upon her. Win it all at Iowa? People calling her a GOAT? Try to live up to that standard when you are 22, and still just in college. Most people in that kind of conversation have the latitude of years building up to it.

She should be allowed the grace to make mistakes, find her way, and grow into these shoes that people are already naming.

If by some miracle she takes this team to a F4 two years in a row it would be astonishing, and I don't think people will properly acknowledge that at the magnitude it would deserve. Even winning this next one would be pretty crazy.

And when their season is ever over, there will be a huge weight off her, one I can't even imagine. I don't think that weight will carry over with her to the WNBA. Not at the same level. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT