ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite non-hawks

My bad on the thread title. I think the intention was for Hawk fans to post non hawks. You "guests" would post wrestlers not affiliated with your team. My apologies if that isn't accurate with the OP.

McPillin every thread turns to shit with all the trolls so maybe worry about yourself.
You need to put yourself on your ignore list

Reactions: danoftw
Yianni D.
Brian Realbuto
Ben Askren
J'Den Cox
Jason Nolf
Bo Nickal
Andrew Alton
Quentin Wright
Dylan Ness
Steven Monk
Ian Miller
Isaac Jordan
Jordan Oliver

Reactions: Gobblin
. . . Scott Moore - how could you not like someone that regularly pinned D1 opponents with a headlock?

Damn, I was going to make every attempt to not gush over any PSU guys, but had no idea Moore would be on anyone's radar here, and you go and do this.:mad:;)

I used to comment to my brother how he needed to see Moore in-person, because he routinely did stuff that people should not normally get away with in D1, especially on his own back exposure. And don't forget his leg cradle! I wish someone would breathe life back into that move. Moore was the second biggest influence in getting me addicted to D1 wrestling.

Ok, and now for some reparations for my lack of discipline:

Hawks
McD
Mocco
Perry
Ramos
Metcalf
Marion
Johnston
Marinelli
Burak
DeSanto
Lee

Again, varying degrees of reasoning for each guy among a multitude of factors. And I'm probably missing a few.

enjoy watching: Nolf/nickal/yianni/eirman because they let it fly.

Root for: Brock mauler, boo lewallen because they have the best names in wrestling. Honorable mention to Perez Perez.

Dislike: basically anyone who graduated from Blair and Apple Valley

Reactions: shobart
Tab Thacker North Carolina State UNL. Enjoy watching Lou Banach going against the big fellas and Tab was one of them.

You need to put yourself on your ignore list
Ignoring you punks would just help you accomplish your agenda of running down everything about our program like you do on your board. Instead I will call you trolls out for the losers you are. I would suggest you worry about the next scandal at your school. It is just a matter of time for schools that are win at all costs.

Last edited:
Ignoring you punks would just help you accomplish your agenda of running down everything about our program like you do on your board. Instead I will call you trolls out for the losers you are. I would suggest you worry about the next scandal at your school. It is just a matter of time for schools that are win at all costs.
You need to worry about reading comprehension. Did you skip 3th and 4th grade?

Reactions: danoftw
Jon Trenge, Troy Letters, Matt Lackey, Jeremy Hunter, Otto Olsen, Stephan Neal, Ed Gutnik, Dylan Long, Tony Davis, Bryce Merideth, Gabe Dean, and Dylan Ness to name a few from the past..

Yianni, Nolf, Deakin, and Nick Lee are currently my favorite non Hawks.

Last edited:
Jon Trenge, Troy Letters, Matt Lackey, Jeremy Hunter, Otto Olsen, Stephan Neal, Ed Gutnik, Dylan Long, Tony Davis, Bryce Merideth, Gabe Dean, and Dylan Ness to name a few from the past..

Currently Yianni, Nolf, Deakin, and Nick Lee are currently dmy favorite non Hawks.
Yianni is so freaking good. He’s just so smooth and comfortable in dicey positions

Reactions: Gobblin
Decided to add a few more that I haven’t seen mentioned.

Michael Poeta, Phil Davis, Jon Reader, Troy Nickerson, Anthony Robles, Robert Kokesh.

I'd probably have to go with IMart and Dylan Ness (Not a favorite because he was a Gopher, but entertaining to be sure). You never knew what the hell was gonna happen next.

All my Favorites are Hawkeyes, and that's not changing! ;) (Guess I have to amend....Dan Gable was a Clone as a wrestler).

This is a good topic. Lets get back on track.

Current:
Nolf - obviously an amazing wrestler but what I really like is his mean streak that he just barely keeps in check. It came out at the end of the Buffalo match, facemush and a cradle slam?? Damn.. I really, really want to see him do more of that.

Yianni - so smooth, crazy flexibility.

past:

Imar - brute. Loved how he just overpowered people with his underhook series

Ben Askren - just wrecked dudes his jr and sr years. Very impressive.

Dylan Ness - seemed like he could a pin at any time from any position.

Scott Moore - how could you not like someone that regularly pinned D1 opponents with a headlock?
All good wrestlers and I liked your comments on Nolf as he is certainly one of my favorite non-Hawks to watch and it’s very obvious he’s a really good kid as well. Watching that Buffalo match replay was pretty entertaining, and I liked seeing a little release of some anger/frustration and safe to say he finished him off with authority. Ha

Reactions: jrod65
I actually liked Taylor. Guy seemed to always be on the offensive and could get to the leg/ankle at will. Hated seeing him and PSU win, but I always stepped back and thought that if he was on Iowa I would have been excited for hime.

Reactions: Wink8
Stephen Abas, Cary Kolat, Charles Martelli, Eric Tannenbaum, Alan Gelogaev, Mike Poeta, Kyle Dake, Jimmy Kennedy, Jake Patacsil, Jake Herbert

I was thinking about this thread at work today and a few more names came to mind. Actually, a couple of these were supposed to be on the first (long) list but somehow skipped over them when typing it;

A certain current PSU Head Coach
His teammate in the same class whose name totally escapes me now, who was also unbeaten most of their freshman year - I'm sure someone can help me with my bad memory
Stephen Abas (although my favorite two matches of his were his two NCAA tournament losses, both in 1998, both to Eric Juergens)
Ricky Bonomo
Carlton Haselrig
Curt Angle
Casey Cunningham

Reactions: Sullivan
I was thinking about this thread at work today and a few more names came to mind. Actually, a couple of these were supposed to be on the first (long) list but somehow skipped over them when typing it;

His teammate in the same class whose name totally escapes me now, who was also unbeaten most of their freshman year - I'm sure someone can help me with my bad memory
Stephen Abas (although my favorite two matches of his were his two NCAA tournament losses, both in 1998, both to Eric Juergens)
Ricky Bonomo
Carlton Haselrig
Curt Angle
Casey Cunningham

Joe Heskett

Ricky Bonomo
Carlton Haselrig
Curt Angle
Casey Cunningham
Good call on Haselrig.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT