ADVERTISEMENT

Fear

the more people hate Brian Ferentz... the more I love him
laughs GIF

Reactions: mikesright
to many ass holes that refuse to look past the end of their noses
2017 1st season 8-5
2018 2nd season 9-4 ended up ranked #25 by the AP.
2019 3rd season 10-3 ranked in both pole top 25 finishing 10-3 ended the season with the 49-24 win over USC in the Holiday Bowl
2020 6-2 ranked top 25 in both poles season was stopped because of Covid
2021 10-4 BTWest Championship ranked for the 4th year in a row in the top 25 in the CFB #15, #15 by the CFB pole and #16by the AP pole
in 2022 8-5.and posters are screaming the sky is falling, classic tunnel vision using just one season to trash the coaches.

o think Iowa was 1 BT win away from winning a 2nd BTWest Championship in a row.

I have a big fear of Iowa’s coaching staff being gutted when KF leaves and if somebody within the program doesn’t get hired. There is a reason Iowa is regarded as one of the best developmental programs in the country. We have good coaches led by a good HC. I cannot imagine an entirely different staff of guys that aren’t from Iowa or who have not coached under KF and seem how he runs things.
Well whoever they were to get to replace Kirk if that coach doesnt want to meddle with the defense and PParker wants to stay then the new coach would be really dumb to let Parker walk

2017 1st season 8-5
2019 3rd season 10-3 ranked in both pole top 25 finishing 10-3 ended the season with the 49-24 win over USC in the Holiday Bowl
2021 10-4 BTWest Championship ranked for the 4th year in a row in the top 25 in the CFB #15, #15 by the CFB pole and #16by the AP pole
in 2022 8-5.and posters are screaming the sky is falling, classic tunnel vision using just one season to trash the coaches.

So going backwards/regression? Ranked, ranked, ranked, title, no title…. Got it

2-3 seasons, then he hangs it up. He’ll put in a few years to support the new AD, then he’ll step down. His attempt at passing the job to Brian fell through, so there’s no reason to stick around. I suspect he had aspirations at the AD job at one point, but the whole Doyle situation screwed that pooch good.

So going backwards/regression? Ranked, ranked, ranked, title, no title…. Got it
you forget the 4th ranked season. plus it also looked like this
winning season 2017
winning season 2018
winning season 2019
winning season 2020
winning season 2121
winning season 2022

6 straight winning seasons
4 straight top 25 seasons the longest streak under KF
1 BTWest Championship the 2nd after winning it in 2015

with those type of results those that write the paychecks don't give a damn about a bunch of nobodies calling for certain coaches head.

Ikeep reading about how they would be at other schools, guess what those other schools had losing seasons, most of them were scapegoats to save the HC's jobs only to see the HC get fired in the end.

winning coaches don't get fired

Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, Nebraska, etc all show you that at any time you make a bad coaching hire, no matter how big you are, in this sport you can go down for the count and find yourself wishing for a bowl game. You can’t operate from a place of fear or it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. You can’t operate from a place of narcissistic self-importance like those programs and Nebraska, either.

The bottom line is that it is important to have governance at the top from the athletic department, sitting in that AD chair, that fans and donors have confidence in and belief in. To that end, you need that person to show that they conduct themselves professionally and show competence and leadership in their role. They also need to show adaptability and strategic initiative as NIL and player empowerment change the landscape in sports.

Having Barta retire with only making one major sport hire in basketball (with 2 coaches), was a major bullet dodged by this institution. I’m not sure he displayed any of the above traits at any time he was here. Hopefully the next AD can be more along the lines of the leadership I described in the above paragraph.

2-3 seasons, then he hangs it up. He’ll put in a few years to support the new AD, then he’ll step down. His attempt at passing the job to Brian fell through, so there’s no reason to stick around. I suspect he had aspirations at the AD job at one point, but the whole Doyle situation screwed that pooch good.
He'll step down in the middle of the season and say it's his health and that way Brian will get to be head coach for the rest of the year...

you forget the 4th ranked season. plus it also looked like this
winning season 2017
winning season 2018
winning season 2019
winning season 2020
winning season 2121
winning season 2022

6 straight winning seasons
4 straight top 25 seasons the longest streak under KF
1 BTWest Championship the 2nd after winning it in 2015

with those type of results those that write the paychecks don't give a damn about a bunch of nobodies calling for certain coaches head.

Ikeep reading about how they would be at other schools, guess what those other schools had losing seasons, most of them were scapegoats to save the HC's jobs only to see the HC get fired in the end.

winning coaches don't get fired
So now winning seasons is the target…. Got it
130th

He'll step down in the middle of the season and say it's his health and that way Brian will get to be head coach for the rest of the year...
That does not get your name on the football building. That leaves a bitter taste in everyone’s mouth and tarnishes your legacy.

winning seasons is the goal of every coach/team with top 25 finishes, of which they had 4 straight. the longest stretch in the last 60 years. yet all you can do is trash the FB program because of your out right hatred of Brian.
Lol… go tell John Cooper, Solich, Pelini, etc. that the goal is a winning season.

Per usual you have assigned an opinion to me with no basis in fact. Feel free to post where I trashed the FB program.

The reality is, last year was a regression for the program. It also continued an offensive regression. The facts support that. You can throw out all of your excuses… sorry ‘reasons’ it occurred. Do you know who else knows that? KF, BF and everyone in the program. Pointing out that they finished 130th is neither trashing the program and or has anything to do with any feelings I have.

I patiently wait for your feeble attempt at sharing my ‘trashing’ of the program.

2017 1st season 8-5

Very, very good post.

Lol… go tell John Cooper, Solich, Pelini, etc. that the goal is a winning season.

Per usual you have assigned an opinion to me with no basis in fact. Feel free to post where I trashed the FB program.

The reality is, last year was a regression for the program. It also continued an offensive regression. The facts support that. You can throw out all of your excuses… sorry ‘reasons’ it occurred. Do you know who else knows that? KF, BF and everyone in the program. Pointing out that they finished 130th is neither trashing the program and or has anything to do with any feelings I have.

I patiently wait for your feeble attempt at sharing my ‘trashing’ of the program.
the fact the only thing you are clinging to is that 130th ranking in total offense and are desperately ignoring the 4 straight top 25 finish and 6 straight winning season with Brian as the OC not to mention the 2 seasons where they avg'd 31 plus ppg. that's all I need tosupport my claims regarding how you feel about Iowa and the coaches,

under Kirk Iowa has had just 3regular losing seasons
1-10 in the 1st season
3-8 in the 2nd season
4-8 which was because of all the injuries in 2012,
Wiesman the week before vs MSU that was the year where all of the RB's getting hurt, then in the PSU Iowa lost their starting LT and on the next play their starting RT was sidlined with a injury

Iowa lost 4 OL to injury that season, Iowa was forced to use Walk on OL.

gee that's what happened with the 22 team the biggest difference is the 22 team 8 games vs the 4 in 2012, the biggest difference between 2012 and 2022 is the use or lack of walk on between the 2 seasons.

Reactions: jo12208

those coaches that you mentioned all coached at teams that anything less than a championship season and the coach is cobsidered a loser and are fired.

never knew that Iowa was recruiting top 5 classes like OSU. not even sure which universe the Nebraska people are living in.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
those coaches that you mentioned all coached at teams that anything less than a championship season and the coach is cobsidered a loser and are fired.

never knew that Iowa was recruiting top 5 classes like OSU. not even sure which universe the Nebraska people are living in.
“winning seasons is the goal of every coach/team with top 25 finishes,”

Just using your post when I post. Pro tip - don’t use ‘every’ if it isn’t ‘every’.

Simple questions for you… no need to cherry pick time frames, post KF’s resume or throw in your opinion, rationalizations, excuses, etc.

Statistically was the 2020 offense better than the 2021 offense?
Yes or no is all that is needed
Second question
Statistically was the 2021 offense better than the 2022 offense?
Simple yes or no, then you can go into your standard blather.

Did I miss your post where you showed that I ‘trashed’ the program?

Good programs don't just settle for "winning seasons".

That's 7-5!
then you are not satisfied with these seasons
2017 8-5 Brians 1st season
2018 9-4 1st top 25 season
2019 10-3 2nd top 25 season
2020 6-2 covid year 3rd top 25 season
2021 10-4 BTWest Championship 4th top 25 season
2022 8-5
total of 51 wins vs 23 losses.
again you cherry pick vs my length of Brian being the OC and you accuse me of cherry picking.

typical hypacryte out there. taking 1 season while ignoring the other 5 seasons that included 2 seasons where the offense avg'd over 31 ppg.

then you are not satisfied with these seasons
2017 8-5 Brians 1st season
2018 9-4 1st top 25 season
2019 10-3 2nd top 25 season
2020 6-2 covid year 3rd top 25 season
2021 10-4 BTWest Championship 4th top 25 season
2022 8-5
total of 51 wins vs 23 losses.
again you cherry pick vs my length of Brian being the OC and you accuse me of cherry picking.

typical hypacryte out there. taking 1 season while ignoring the other 5 seasons that included 2 seasons where the offense avg'd over 31 ppg.
You either have a relative on the team or you're tight with the staff.

No one spends as much time defending the offense as much as you do.

And avoiding tOSU and Michigan should help.

You either have a relative on the team or you're tight with the staff.

No one spends as much time defending the offense as much as you do.

And avoiding tOSU and Michigan should help.
that's the biggest lie that posters like you hide behind again Iowa since the conference split as alway been in the West which actually makes sense as they west of the Mississippi river vs Michigan and OSU are east of the Mississippi river. only a idiot/moron would put Iowa in the Eastern Division.or make them play only the east division schools.

Iowa plays the teams in their division with the crossovers

but you the type of moron that won't be happy until play a schedule like this
OOC
Alabama
LSU
ND

Then these in conference play
OSU
Michigan
PSU
MSU
Wisconsin
Illinois
Nebraska.
Minnesota
Purdue

only a murder's row schedule will make you happy just so you scream fire the coaches after every game,

not me I will be laughing you while Iowa goes back to the 60 and 70's losing seasons because there is not another Hayden out there to pull Iowa out of the next tailspin.

that's the biggest lie that posters like you hide behind again Iowa since the conference split as alway been in the West which actually makes sense as they west of the Mississippi river vs Michigan and OSU are east of the Mississippi river. only a idiot/moron would put Iowa in the Eastern Division.or make them play only the east division schools.

OOC
Alabama
LSU
ND

OSU
Michigan
PSU
MSU
Wisconsin
Illinois
Nebraska.
Minnesota
Purdue

only a murder's row schedule will make you happy just so you scream fire the coaches after every game,

not me I will be laughing you while Iowa goes back to the 60 and 70's losing seasons because there is not another Hayden out there to pull Iowa out of the next tailspin.
Can you swap out MSU and Purdue with USC and UCLA? If we are going to throw crap at the wall it might as well go all the way.
Choosing to ignore the issues of regression in the offense doesn’t make it any less true. Hoping for improvement this year

OOC
Alabama
LSU
ND

OSU
Michigan
PSU
MSU
Wisconsin
Illinois
Nebraska.
Minnesota
Purdue

What you're conveniently leaving out when you posted the past few seasons is that Iowa had a cupcake schedule in many of those years.

And I mention nothing about who I want in the OOC.
I'm merely pointing out why the seasons you referenced have such a glossy W/L record.
Everything must be taken in context.

You're a cherry picking SOB.

Reactions: Iron Doc
130/131 ain't good no matter how you look at it.
Ought to try a Spread offense; that might cure a host of evils.
Nearly impossible to regress from the status quo.

Last edited:
What you're conveniently leaving out when you posted the past few seasons is that Iowa had a cupcake schedule in many of those years.

And I mention nothing about who I want in the OOC.
I'm merely pointing out why the seasons you referenced have such a glossy W/L record.
Everything must be taken in context.

You're a cherry picking SOB.
2018 top teams
#18 Wisconsin
#17 PSU
Purdue beat Iowa
NW beat Iowa.

# 19 Michigan
# 10 PSU
#13 Wisconsin
#8 Minnesota

MSU
PSU
Wisconsin
Michigan was on the schedule but was cancelled because of covid.

#17 Indiana
#9 ISU
#4 PSU
Purdue
Wisconsin
#2 Michigan

#4 Michigan
#2 OSU
Purdue
Wisconsin
Nebraska,

in that stretch Iowa played Michigan 3 times with the 4th being canceled
also Iowa played PSU 4 times

you go shove your cup cake schedule up your a**.

2018 top teams
#18 Wisconsin
#17 PSU
Purdue beat Iowa
NW beat Iowa.

# 19 Michigan
# 10 PSU
#13 Wisconsin
#8 Minnesota

MSU
PSU
Wisconsin
Michigan was on the schedule but was cancelled because of covid.

#17 Indiana
#9 ISU
#4 PSU
Purdue
Wisconsin
#2 Michigan

#4 Michigan
#2 OSU
Purdue
Wisconsin
Nebraska,

in that stretch Iowa played Michigan 3 times with the 4th being canceled
also Iowa played PSU 4 times

you go shove your cup cake schedule up your a**.
You may want to remove the 2021 results from this post.

ISU and Indiana were shit that season.

Again...cherry picking and then a "face plant".

stop being a total ass. its in the record books as a win over top a top 10 team and a top 20 team. this of course does not fit your agenda,
I recommend a strong regimen of yoga and plyometrics to help when you reach like that. I heard that Indiana and Iowa State had injuries and were young on the offensive line so that doesn't count. ;)

Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT