ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz announces coaching rearrangements

Looks like the final piece before the completion of Kirk's puzzle to get his son the offensive coordinator job.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:
Looks like the final piece before the completion of Kirk's puzzle to get his son the offensive coordinator job.
Not really. There have been rearrangement of responsibilities almost every year. Not sure how you'd draw that conclusion......oh wait, forgot who I was responding to.
smile.r191677.gif

Did Hernandez leave the staff, because he was the TE coach last year and they didn't say they were moving him? 2 TE coaches?

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

Did Hernandez leave the staff, because he was the TE coach last year and they didn't say they were moving him? 2 TE coaches?
Maybe his time as a GA is up. Limited number of years a guy can be a GA....

biggreydogs posted on 2/12/2015...

Wake me up in 2020

Awesome! Does that mean you will not post again till then! I hope so. Be a man of your word...Sleep now, son, sleeeep....
Anytime day in particular that you want woke up in 2020:)

Run Coordinator = Assistant RB Coach and with BF being the OL coach he will play a bigger role in the offense as the run Coordinator,

mioving Woods to coach TE's just expands his resume to help land a better job, this is a good move, means he is hungry, putting 3 LB'rs in the NFL and being named along with Reid as National Line Backers Coach of the Year by FB Scoop is a very good start for him,

Originally posted by trippnschmidt:
Not really. There have been rearrangement of responsibilities almost every year. Not sure how you'd draw that conclusion......oh wait, forgot who I was responding to.
smile.r191677.gif
Because he just got promoted and is now a coordinator.....

FG86 posted on 2/12/2015...

Originally posted by trippnschmidt:

smile.r191677.gif

Because he just got promoted and is now a coordinator.....

With his experience with the Patriots, I would glad if he brought that type of 'coordinating' here...
Most consistant offense in the NFL for years...

So we bring in a new recruiting coordinator to allow him to focus solely on recruiting and now we are giving coaching responsibilities to him to take away from the recruiting?
confused0006.r191677.gif

SigMaintHawk posted on 2/12/2015...

Maybe his time as a GA is up. Limited number of years a guy can be a GA....
Don't know? Couple GA's are in their 4th yr. That's why I was wondering if anyone knew anything that I may have missed.

Originally posted by FG86:
So we bring in a new recruiting coordinator to allow him to focus solely on recruiting and now we are giving coaching responsibilities to him to take away from the recruiting?
confused0006.r191677.gif

I would guess that Kirk feels Wallace is doing a great job, and it is an excuse to give him a raise.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

confused0006.r191677.gif

You do realize that you cannot recruit year round, don't you. Contact periods are limited. I'm sure it is still his number one priority. One of the GA's will probably help with the DB's like they did last year, but appears they think wallace can help them there. PP might be trying to free himself up some to focus on the whole defense....
This post was edited on 2/12 5:57 PM by MattFoleyHawk

Originally posted by Birky:
confused0006.r191677.gif

I would guess that Kirk feels Wallace is doing a great job, and it is an excuse to give him a raise.
Reassignment doesn't necessarily mean a raise. It didn't say he was promoted. But recruiting will suffer if he has to coach. I thought the purpose of him concentrating solely on recruiting was to establish relationships sooner and stay on top of the communication with recruits.

Wallace was a Assistant DL coach in his 1st season with IA, being a assistant DB coach to P Parker makes sense with his back ground, as for Hernandez he was just a Grad Assistant NOT a full time coach and I believe this last year was his 4th as a GA, and had to move on,

the former RC was a position coach as well, just like the DC and or OC also have a position they coach

this is common for all teams at every level

You need to go to the NCAA website and read about recruiting rules. Very limited as to when you can 'communicate' with recruits....
And he coached last year, where did you read or hear that all he was going to do was recruit?
This post was edited on 2/12 6:07 PM by MattFoleyHawk

Originally posted by Birky:

confused0006.r191677.gif

Reassignment doesn't necessarily mean a raise. It didn't say he was promoted. But recruiting will suffer if he has to coach. I thought the purpose of him concentrating solely on recruiting was to establish relationships sooner and stay on top of the communication with recruits.

Who knows? I would guess they are not sacrificing recruiting. I am guessing it is more of a title/salary issue, but neither of us knows. Maybe the guy doing all the graphics, Max something(I don't remember his last name) is doing more with recruiting? Again, I highly doubt this is going sacrifice anything in recruiting for Iowa.

Hawkeye2222 posted on 2/12/2015...

Wallace was a Assistant DL coach in his 1st season with IA, being a assistant DB coach to P Parker makes sense with his back ground, as for Hernandez he was just a Grad Assistant NOT a full time coach and I believe this last year was his 4th as a GA, and had to move on,

the former RC was a position coach as well, just like the DC and or OC also have a position they coach

Hawks homepage says it was Hernandez's 2 yr. as a GA, that's why I asked. Where are coming up with 4 yrs. and why do you think he moved on? We don't know that he left, they just don't mention him in any of the changes.

You need to go to the NCAA website and read about recruiting rules. Very limited as to when you can 'communicate' with recruits....
And he coached last year, where did you read or hear that all he was going to do was recruit?
Thank you but I am very aware of NCAA rules. I don't need to go to the website. Even Wallace has stated the key is to develop relationships.

Wallace was given the title of defensive assistant coach but his primary focus was to be recruiting. He did not coach a specific group. It was a general assignment.

Hawkeye2222 posted on 2/12/2015...

Hawks homepage says it was Hernandez's 2 yr. as a GA, that's why I asked. Where are coming up with 4 yrs. and why do you think he moved on? We don't know that he left, they just don't mention him in any of the changes.
Hernandez was a GA at the "U" prior to coming to Iowa. Not sure if he was with them for 1 or two years, though...

Hernandez tweeted something about a Hawkeye off season challenge draft less than 24 hours ago.

Thank you but I am very aware of NCAA rules. I don't need to go to the website. Even Wallace has stated the key is to develop relationships.

Wallace was given the title of defensive assistant coach but his primary focus was to be recruiting. He did not coach a specific group. It was a general assignment.

Who says his primary focus has changed? Wow, you have the NCAA rules memorized? Really? Than why would you say something ignorant like you did and now try to change you story. You just love to whine and everything KF does is wrong. Go be a 'fan' of somebody else, please...

I think I hear 100yearscounting calling you:)

Kirk will be gone before that happens.

Many of us knew in 2008 that the ultimate plan was to have Brian come back and eventually put in position to take over for KF when he DECIDES to retire.

frydaze posted on 2/12/2015...

He will be here through the end of his contract so just accept it. Support him or move on, he's not going anywhere.

Originally posted by frydaze:
Kirk will be gone before that happens.
Doubtful. Another 7-6 type season with a possible "bowl championship" opportunity will keep most Kbots in line. GDGD will retire and KF will be able to claim that because of the nearing of the end of his contract there were no real candidates for the OC job and it will be given to Brian.

The story line that I am interested to see play out is how much heat Brian will receive if the run game struggles. Iowa ranked 81st in the nation at 4.1 yards per rush in 2014.

Who says his primary focus has changed? Wow, you have the NCAA rules memorized? Really? Than why would you say something ignorant like you did and now try to change you story. You just love to whine and everything KF does is wrong. Go be a 'fan' of somebody else, please...

Now that he is coaching specific positions, he will have to spend more time with coaching. As far as NCAA rules, I have been required to pass the NCAA rules test. I never said anything ignorant nor am I changing the 'story.' Just because there are rules from when student-athletes can be contacted doesn't mean a coach doesn't try to develop a relationship with them. You are the one who appears ignorant.

You are by far the biggest whiner on the board. And I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if you and 100 were one in the same. You had a certain phrase on another thread that was so 100, I couldn't help to wonder.

This post was edited on 2/12 10:02 PM by FG86

Still no answer to big big question

who is responsible for offense?

still Davis?

if yes, changes mean nothing

2015------6-6

Now that he is coaching specific positions, he will have to spend more time with coaching. As far as NCAA rules, I have been required to pass the NCAA rules test. I never said anything ignorant nor am I changing the 'story.' Just because there are rules from when student-athletes can be contacted doesn't mean a coach doesn't try to develop a relationship with them. You are the one who appears ignorant.

You are by far the biggest whiner on the board. And I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if you and 100 were one in the same. You had a certain phrase on another thread that was so 100, I couldn't help to wonder.

I can't figure out if you're stupid, full of sh*t, or both. But you go through this with everyone on this site. You really bore me with your bullsh*t (and you having to pass a NCAA recruiting rules test is total BS) and as you have shown with your buddy 100years, you will try to argue and justify your BS FOREVER...
I don't ever whine about the hawks or the coaches, so what the hell are you talking about now? I just call out the whiney, ignorant, assh*les.....
You do bore me though, so I think I will put you on ignore. Good luck.

According to what I've read, the NCAA only allows coaches to go on the road and have contact with recruits. Teams aren't allowed to hire someone to be a full-time on the road recruiter. We have a few guys on staff now (Scott Southmayd, etc) that only organize recruiting efforts but they stay in Iowa City full time. In order for Wallace to go out and visit recruits around the country, he must also have some coaching responsibilities. Someone with more knowledge might be able to confirm this but that's what I've read. Don't shoot the messenger as I certainly don't claim to have the rule book memorized.

I can't figure out if you're stupid, full of sh*t, or both. But you go through this with everyone on this site. You really bore me with your bullsh*t (and you having to pass a NCAA recruiting rules test is total BS) and as you have shown with your buddy 100years, you will try to argue and justify your BS FOREVER...
I don't ever whine about the hawks or the coaches, so what the hell are you talking about now? I just call out the whiney, ignorant, assh*les.....
You do bore me though, so I think I will put you on ignore. Good luck.
Best News I have heard all week!

And sorry to burst your little arrogant bubble, but I have taken the NCAA rules test on quite a few occasions in the past.

You whine constantly about other posters. Most of your posts are nothing but you b*tching about the posters and their posts.

How much credit will he get if it improves?
Probably what is deserved. As another poster mentioned above, last year we were 81st in the nation. Say that jumps up to 65th. You still think we should give him credit because it "improved"?

ThatsFootball posted on 2/13/2015...

How much credit will he get if it improves?
Probably what is deserved. As another poster mentioned above, last year we were 81st in the nation. Say that jumps up to 65th. You still think we should give him credit because it "improved"?

Where did I say we should give him credit if it improves? Your reading comprehension is second only to Kilroy's.
And you're such a d*ck, YOU wouldn't have anything good to say if it went to 1st. You would just start babbling about how bad every defense we played was, blah, blah, diarrhea of the mouth, blah, blah... GO BE A FAN OF SOMEONE ELSE, FTLOG.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT