ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz Fatigue

Pump the brakes? How many years are you going to defend Kirk's complete ineptitude on offense?
Yep. Any other team that’s gifted a first half like Iowa was and the game is over.

First half should have been a 28-0 score, maybe worst case 21

Instead Iowa and their inability to score means every god damn game is going to be close

ISU has no LBs!! So let’s throw 12x or send our smallest RB up the middle

Ha Ha!!!!! Keep telling yourself that was a "big" win.

Iowa wore down a little sister. Today they proved last weeks 2nd half wasn't the result of superior coaching adjustments.
Oh my god. Not big as in significant. Big as in it was by 40 points. The typical "KF blowout" is like 22-0 or some weird shit like that.

Are you ready for a change? I appreciate the guy but am tired of him.
Why appreciate him? What has he done besides give us pussy football? Take away his 2 amazing d coordinators who bailed him out time and time again what has he done? Especially the last 10 years. He's been a far net negative to Iowa football the last 10. I'll celebrate when he's gone and be pissed thinking about how much better it would have been without him

Why appreciate him? What has he done besides give us pussy football? Take away his 2 amazing d coordinators who bailed him out time and time again what has he done? Especially the last 10 years. He's been a far net negative to Iowa football the last 10. I'll celebrate when he's gone and be pissed thinking about how much better it would have been without him
You're not wrong.

I was gonna take this season to figure out if it was Kirk or Brian.

It’s both.
It has always been kirk it isn't even a discussion. People bitches a ton about O'Keefe and Davis as well... what's the common denominator? It's kf and will always be kf. I wish he would have left to coach the jags after the 02 season I think iowa football would be in a better place

His biggest win is the 2010 Orange Bowl. However the option offense is notoriously easy to prepare against with time. Tom Osbourne has a losing bowl record. Kirk has won some upsets but big scheme of things he hasn't done shit.

Yep. Any other team that’s gifted a first half like Iowa was and the game is over.

First half should have been a 28-0 score, maybe worst case 21

Instead Iowa and their inability to score means every god damn game is going to be close

ISU has no LBs!! So let’s throw 12x or send our smallest RB up the middle
Moulton over Patterson, Williams, Johnson.

270pol.jpg

His biggest win is the 2010 Orange Bowl. However the option offense is notoriously easy to prepare against with time. Tom Osbourne has a losing bowl record. Kirk has won some upsets but big scheme of things he hasn't done shit.
Name a year where kirk achieved success when they had a difficult schedule... you'll be waiting forever because it hasn't happened. 02 Michigan is maybe the best win in the great years of 02-04, 09 and 15... otherwise the best wins are upsets at night at home in mediocre years. He may be one of the most overrated coaches ever. I know there are a ton here who will be jumping down my throat when we end up 9-3 or 10-2 which is still very likely to happen but they are too dumb to realize how much better we would be with having a coach who wasn't such a big pussy.

The thing is Kirk is a great person. But what does he really bring to the game anymore. When he was younger he was good at teaching offensive line. I just don’t think he brings anything to the table besides being a class act. This stuff happens when you’re 68. The game has passed him by.

If Beth was the right hire, she surely hears the fan's frustrations and realizes that the problem rests solely on Kirk's stubborn shoulders. No one but Iowa is playing 1950's football. I think back to Hayden's first game against Indiana and what a breath of fresh air that was. Even though we lost in the last seconds, people left the stadium with a positive buzz. I want that feeling again!

Reactions: DewHawk
Name a year where kirk achieved success when they had a difficult schedule... you'll be waiting forever because it hasn't happened. 02 Michigan is maybe the best win in the great years of 02-04, 09 and 15... otherwise the best wins are upsets at night at home in mediocre years. He may be one of the most overrated coaches ever. I know there are a ton here who will be jumping down my throat when we end up 9-3 or 10-2 which is still very likely to happen but they are too dumb to realize how much better we would be with having a coach who wasn't such a big pussy.
I've wanted him gone since he took knees against OSU in '09. You won't get an argument from me. Most annoying thing is if the old f**k was 15% more aggressive during his career he's probably at a 70% win pct and the whole "HOF worthy" discussion isn't even a discussion.

I've wanted him gone since he took knees against OSU in '09. You won't get an argument from me. Most annoying thing is if the old f**k was 15% more aggressive during his career he's probably at a 70% win pct and the whole "HOF worthy" discussion isn't even a discussion.
Exactly! I don't need a river boat gambler as a head coach I just want someone who isn't going to pee his pants out of fear and shut down everytime. I feel like because he won a game 6-4 once he feels like he can do that everytime. I know everyone is pointing to the 2 point conversion and I completely get it because it was an insanely stupid call but this game should never have even came close to coming down to that it should have been a blowout.

Same, I lost a lot of respect for him that day. I felt like he gave up on the team and didn't believe in them. What kind of a coach does that? They were already exceeding expectations without Stanzi playing. Why not go all the way and make OSU beat you instead. Lay it all out there.

Exactly! I don't need a river boat gambler as a head coach I just want someone who isn't going to pee his pants out of fear and shut down everytime. I feel like because he won a game 6-4 once he feels like he can do that everytime. I know everyone is pointing to the 2 point conversion and I completely get it because it was an insanely stupid call but this game should never have even came close to coming down to that it should have been a blowout.
Again Nelly, you're not wrong.

I was more disappointed today than angry. But this kind of solidified my feelings that I had been thinking about for a while. Iowa is who we thought they were. With the NIL and transfer portal, football is a completely different game. I think I want to start moving away from football, Iowa just doesn't have what it takes to run with the big boys and likely never will.

...and those 9 and 10 win seasons often ended in getting overmatched and blown out in a conference champ/bowl game.

Ferentz still collecting the fat paycheck.
He DGAF.

His absolute only motivation is passing Woody Hayes.

When he leaves, there will be another huge rebuild because of his stubbornness.

It's clear to me that NIL isn't the biggest factor here.
Why should fans contribute to watch this crap product?

I see that graphic of B1G wins and see Schembechler, Hayes, Stagg and Ferentz. Which one of these is different from the others?

And what the hell ever happened to Kirk 2.0?
Kirk 2.0 allegedly happened after the horrific coaching of 2014.

Ten years later we see he either never really arrived or 1.0 is fully resurrected.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
In 25 years at Iowa KF has delivered 0 outright B1G titles, 2 shared titles, and 1 BCS/NY6 level bowl win.

And some still insist on treating the guy like Jesus.
I'm glad someone else thinks this way. He's been one of the best Iowa coaches ever, but Ferentz football is less fun than watching two worms fight to the death.

The question is.... How many more spectacular ways can Ferentz lose a football game? This one is up there near the top of the list of how to completely efff up a game that you should win 90% of the time.

Congratulations Kirk
Its not the “ways” … its been the same way for 20+ years….he goves the other team too much credit and has zero faith in taking the W…. Same shit different year.

I'm glad someone else thinks this way. He's been one of the best Iowa coaches ever, but Ferentz football is less fun than watching two worms fight to the death a mutual decision to call it a draw and go their separate ways, parting as friends.
There... Ol' Doodle fixed it for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT