ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz Fatigue

Its not the “ways” … its been the same way for 20+ years….he goves the other team too much credit and has zero faith in taking the W…. Same shit different year.
When Fry complimented his opponent it was a mind game ... when Kirk complimented the FCS team who beat him in 2016 ... HE MEANT IT. Then he hired their OC and made him ... wait for it ... a line coach. And he made his line coach an OC.
That's HALL OF FAME coaching right there.

I’ve always said it, KF is a pro coach coaching to get into the play offs every year as a wild card pick and not interested in winning the conference championship. ‘09 is the perfect example of that by going to OT at tOSU. I was there. You go for the W, not lose in OT.
That really was the perfect example. What a pussy Kirk was that night.

This was a classic Kirk loss. ISU has zero business being in this game after half. This is also the kind of loss that hurts our NIL efforts. I actually don't mind going for two because the book says you go for two there.
That book should not apply to Iowa. When was the last time they even made a 2 point conversion? I know their overall percentage is horrendous.

Let's start a poll. Who's gone first?.......FM or KF?
I think FM not coaching his offspring anymore, might make him a better coach... we will see. Ferentz will always be the same wussy coach he is. Fran might has a team that will surprise.

Kirk has hated offense ever since he had some troubled WR in Douglas and DJK

He’s the one who decided for TWO YEARS Marc Weisman is a starting halfback for a division one program.

Great Hawkeye. Had some nice moments. Dude gave it his all. But he was a fullback. A fullback starting over players like Wadley

He’s the one who decided for TWO YEARS Marc Weisman is a starting halfback for a division one program.

Great Hawkeye. Had some nice moments. Dude gave it his all. But he was a fullback. A fullback starting over players like Wadley
I get your point but Wadley was after him. He started when Coker left and we didn't have any good RBs for depth, no?

Remember when he kept CJ Fiedorowicz on the bench because he didn't think he was a good enough blocker?

chris-farley.png

• Haha
Reactions: drew_hawk
When Fry complimented his opponent it was a mind game ... when Kirk complimented the FCS team who beat him in 2016 ... HE MEANT IT. Then he hired their OC and made him ... wait for it ... a line coach. And he made his line coach an OC.
That's HALL OF FAME coaching right there.
Yeah… he really lost his way when he forced Brian upon everyone…. Shuffled a lot of decent coaches around like Morgan for what would become a dog shit offense.

Wadley was there the second year of the Hebrew Hammer

I remember cause Wadley went off against NW i believe for about 200 yards

Then we went up to MN the next week and MW ran 20x for 1 yard in the first half. Wadley barely played (he may have had a fumble too). Brutally cold game

Reactions: AEG82
KF has been extremely fortunate to be in a weak division for many years.
Extremely fortunate.
And when you continually play close games because of conservative play callings, your margin of error is very small.
Phil and Norm have/had bailed his ass out forever.
That's how you can lose to teams with less talent.
Although, you could easily argue that ISU has vastly more talent on offense.

Just retire, Kirk. There's no good reason to stay other than that fat contract.

Name a year where kirk achieved success when they had a difficult schedule... you'll be waiting forever because it hasn't happened. 02 Michigan is maybe the best win in the great years of 02-04, 09 and 15... otherwise the best wins are upsets at night at home in mediocre years. He may be one of the most overrated coaches ever. I know there are a ton here who will be jumping down my throat when we end up 9-3 or 10-2 which is still very likely to happen but they are too dumb to realize how much better we would be with having a coach who wasn't such a big pussy.
Absolutely a sobering but accurate statement. I love Kirk the person but they are shit in big games.

Are you ready for a change? I appreciate the guy but am tired of him.

The defense lost this one. As bad as Cade played - they gave up too many big plays when it mattered.

But yes, it’s been time for a change for a while. Iowa fans are scared of being terrible. But we will never be great with Kirk. He’s had the keys for 25 years. Someone else needs a shot.

Exactly! I don't need a river boat gambler as a head coach I just want someone who isn't going to pee his pants out of fear and shut down everytime. I feel like because he won a game 6-4 once he feels like he can do that everytime. I know everyone is pointing to the 2 point conversion and I completely get it because it was an insanely stupid call but this game should never have even came close to coming down to that it should have been a blowout.
I feel like Kirk is guilty of some kind of logical fallacy with what you've mentioned.

He thinks because his strategy has worked at a certain rate in the past, it must keep working at that rate in the future. However, the game is constantly evolving and you can't assume something is the same now as it was in the past.

The strong defense and special teams, bend but don't break thing probably can't keep working in perpetuity.

I think maybe at least one silver lining is this team isn’t as good as we thought, at least at quarterback. Barring a miracle in Columbus, we weren’t making the CFP with Nebraska and Wisconsin and looking decent and Iowa needed to win every coin flip game.

After a mediocre season, I think the pressure will be enormous for him to step aside.

Iowa needs a coach who can recruit better athletes. This is a new era of football. Time for a change.
I watch FCS games, teams from lesser BCS programs that have dynamic game plans and players that could easily make the IA team. We don’t recruit those types of kids because they don’t fit our conservative bull shit style of football…. “BTW, u may not realize this, but we won 10 games last year”

It's interesting because I barely watched the game yesterday. Between NIL money, transfer portal, and House ruling, I sort of don't care about watching college athletics anymore. Ferentz fatigue just meant I don't watch the hawks.
This. I’ve been growing weary of KF’s approach for several years and his tolerance of BF’s incompetence made Iowa a laughingstock.

Let’s be honest. This is going to be a longgggggg season. I have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than watch Kirk put a weak ass product on the field week-after-week and expect anything different. I’m out.

I feel like Kirk is guilty of some kind of logical fallacy with what you've mentioned.

He thinks because his strategy has worked at a certain rate in the past, it must keep working at that rate in the future. However, the game is constantly evolving and you can't assume something is the same now as it was in the past.

The strong defense and special teams, bend but don't break thing probably can't keep working in perpetuity.
He also does not adapt based on the situation. Same ol shit no matter what. Great practice coach, terrible on the sidelines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT