ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari Brother Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some study of the correlation between Ferrari supporters and Trump supporters would be interesting.

I'd hypothesize that something like 90% of Anthony/AJ supporters are Trump supporters.

I'd also guess that a lower percentage of Trump supporters would support Anthony/AJ but it may still be over 50%. There may be a lot of rationalized support on this group.

And I think that the "Never Trump" faction is nearly certainly the "Never AJ in Black." Maybe 100% correlation.

This may require the services of @is_there_whiskey_in_heaven . He may have some free time now that WADA cleared Brooks and NIL has "leveled the playing field."
Oohhh nice. Someone took this down the political path! Well done!

Reactions: SDHN2013
That match is an outlier. As much as I hate PSU wrestling, that is not how they wrestle the majority of their matches. Most of their guys, most of the time wrestle more the "old" Iowa style than most of the Iowa guys do. It is a sad state of affairs, but that's how it is.
I absolutely hate that match (and Starfish), but that was what he needed to do to win that match. Kemerer was the better wrestler, but wrestled a tight match, and Star wrestled smart (I hate to admit that).

I've been on the side of not being real excited about AJ wrestling for the Hawks, but the more you guys talk the more I'm starting to reconsider my opinion. It might be worth it just for the fact AJ would have a very legitimate shot of keeping Starboy from getting his 5th.
Mine is not a troll position, so you’ll have to find another windmill to tilt at.

Reactions: hlstone
I'm a Republican who's been Never Trump since the day he announced his first candidacy by saying that Mexico is sending rapists and criminals to the US to get the bigots all worked up. I've voted Libertarian in the last two elections. As of right now, I'm leaning towards writing in Justin Amash.
So is that just any random Amish?

You want a serious answer? Get your head out of your backside and realize the Ferraris are poison. What don't you understand about them? You come across as someone with few morals, and anything goes. What more can they do to convince you to step back from the cliff? Walk away from the Ferraris. YOU'RE WELCOME!
Bro, about the last thing Iowa fan needs from Penn State fan is a lecture on morality. Seriously.

Outdated thinking. Carter could go forever with a good cut. He’s not going to suddenly stand still at 197 and let AJ take one shot at the 6:45 mark for the win.
He didn't really want to mix it up from beginning to end with Kem. Pretty sure he wouldn't be taking on that strategy with an AJ Ferrari.

The US government is one of the oldest in the world, now- only a handful of countries (like less than 5) haven’t had a revolution or changed forms since 1776. We are overdue.

If most revolutions were worse, then most governments would be worse off than 1776. The British changed from a monarchy to a strong parliament system for instance. Change isn’t always bad.
All revolutions aren't alike, and change does not equal revolution. Being "overdue" for a revolution is like being overdue for cancer. Some of us get through one and are better for the experience. Many fare worse. You really want to rewrite our constitution? Or do a better job of living up to it. I'm for the latter. The "Regan Revolution" was an example of reform.

The British example you mention was also not a revolution but reform, albeit a violent one at times. Changing forms IS reform. It's not like every English peasant was a full participatory citizen after the Magna Carta, or even after Cromwell, or even now. For every Czech Republic (Velvet revolution), there've been bad coups in Africa, Burma, and North Korea. We throw this word "revolution" around like it's nothing, but the most common result of political revolution is dangerous political instability. Let's be careful what we wish for.

That match is an outlier. As much as I hate PSU wrestling, that is not how they wrestle the majority of their matches. Most of their guys, most of the time wrestle more the "old" Iowa style than most of the Iowa guys do. It is a sad state of affairs, but that's how it is.
I absolutely hate that match (and Starfish), but that was what he needed to do to win that match. Kemerer was the better wrestler, but wrestled a tight match, and Star wrestled smart (I hate to admit that).
Starocci was absolutely coached up to not push back or into Kemerer at all. Every step Kem takes forward Star takes one backwards. That was the game plan and then pick your one shot when you stop backpedaling. They knew from the first match that Star couldn't trade shots with Kem and come out on top so this is what they came up with. I wish our coaches could do some of this but oh well.....

Mine is not a troll position, so you’ll have to find another windmill to tilt at.
Not sure what you're trying to say here.
You posted a comment and I posted a reply back.
Pretty straight forward, troll or not.

One is a national champ, the other crumbled in March. Don’t act like AJ didn’t stand at the top of the podium, like him or not

I hate to have to defend AJ but dude hadn't stepped on a mat in damn near 3 years. What happens if he actually cleaned up his act and dedicated himself to the sport?

wasted-talent.jpeg

Splits/flip off = AJ
Anal photo shoot = Anthony
Revenge flex/cut throat gesture at Blair coach = Angelo

Some say Angelo, the youngest, isn’t like the others. My opinion is the above suggests he, as well, has the ahole gene, but as he is just finishing high school hasn’t had the freedom yet to achieve the more serious transgressions of his older siblings.
Why do I give a shit about:
  • Anal photo shoot = Anthony
  • Revenge flex/cut throat gesture at Blair coach = Angelo
Do these come with a lifetime NCAA ban? Jail time? I'm not getting the correlation. Unless they've done something that gets them banned from the NCAA or banned from the University or the team, I don't give a shit. If they can legally wrestle for Iowa and stay out of trouble - for the most part - then I want them on the mat if Tom determines they're the best we have at that respective weight.

You're legit, my friend. I've got a ton of respect for you and some other PSU fans who frequent the site. But some of these "rookie" trolls who change their names every other day because they're afraid to stand behind their comments...they get old quick.

Starocci was absolutely coached up to not push back or into Kemerer at all. Every step Kem takes forward Star takes one backwards. That was the game plan and then pick your one shot when you stop backpedaling. They knew from the first match that Star couldn't trade shots with Kem and come out on top so this is what they came up with. I wish our coaches could do some of this but oh well.....
The problem in that match wasn’t our coaching. The problem is they allow bs wrestling like that to happen.

Have you ever stopped to think that the hate and anger on this forum has gone over the top, even for a cesspool? Hell, you guys are even saying the same thing to vhsalum. "What happened to you vhs?" The amount of instantaneous venom coming from some on the board is unbelievable. But go ahead and blame the messenger(s).

Some on this forum have lost their moral compass in the pursuit of winning. You can win without the AJ types, and one can accept money from a donor and still call him out for what he posts online. He is no better than anyone else. When PSU took on Andrew Long, that was a mistake for all the reasons stated by many here. Why aren't I allowed to be honest in return about Tom, Bob, and AJ without the personal attacks? Everyone has opinions. That's all they are.
Then...why are you here? Isn't the mere notion of you still remaining here despite what you wrote about Iowa fans, the definition of trolling? Is that not hypocritical?

Then fire your damn coach if he’s lowering his moral standards. What in the hell are you people standing for? Is winning so important that you’d look past bad acts? Where are the men on this forum? Do any remain?

Andrew long was a bad decision. I didn’t like it. Are any of you willing to say the same about Ferrari?

I'm not saying I totally disbelieve you, but I find this claim highly implausible and, if true, it would have gone against the grain of the vast majority of B&W posters who welcomed Long with open arms. It also would have gone against the grain of the widespread belief on B&W in Cael's basic decency and good judgment in all matters, including about giving Long a second chance. Maybe you have a post evidencing your position at the time that you weren't in favor of bringing Andrew Long over from ISU?

Reactions: CRIA7415
I think AJ has regressed and or not improved much in the last 3 years.

So many thought he was going to be unbeateable because he looked great vs Amine
he is prbly also not natty, which is a pet peeve of mine in this sport, but if he's gonna be a Hawkeye than so be it.

I think AJ has regressed and or not improved much in the last 3 years.

So many thought he was going to be unbeateable because he looked great vs Amine
he is prbly also not natty, which is a pet peeve of mine in this sport, but if he's gonna be a Hawkeye than so be it.
He will never have the necessary attitudinal discipline to do what it takes to be on this team. Just let it go.

Reactions: el dub and vhsalum
I think you’re severely underestimating how tough a 25 pound jump would be at this level. Carter wasn’t destroying top-level guys at 174, so for you to just confidently assume he would ‘maul’ a previous NCAA champ at 197 is crazy.

It would be a very close match if it were to happen. I would still pick Carter with AJ not competing for 2.5 years, but he wouldn’t be putting up a bunch of points on AJ, that I’m sure of.
Totally agree, AJ walks around at about 220, Star adding 23 pds. Star only beat Nelson by one point with 2 legs, and almost lost to Kem with a badly injured shoulder. He’s not going to major AJ, who manhandled his way through 197 as true freshman. He has always been hard to score on, and he isn’t a big scorer, so this match will be very close if it happens. He’s probably the only guy with a good shot at stopping Star, with Buchanan having an outside shot. They have more in common than you think. Both are shit talking arrogant bible thumpers that many people don’t like, with similar wrestling styles.

Totally agree, AJ walks around at about 220, Star adding 23 pds. Star only beat Nelson by one point with 2 legs, and almost lost to Kem with a badly injured shoulder. He’s not going to major AJ, who manhandled his way through 197 as true freshman. He has always been hard to score on, and he isn’t a big scorer, so this match will be very close if it happens. He’s probably the only guy with a good shot at stopping Star, with Buchanan having an outside shot. They have more in common than you think. Both are shit talking arrogant bible thumpers that many people don’t like, with similar wrestling styles.
Don't kid yourself! AJ will piss-pound StarFish IF( and that is a BIG IF) he can get back on the mat FULL TIME! The StarFish will be on the same special "diet" as several other F*** st wrestlers from the recent past. Will not help him at 197 against a REAL 197!

Revolutions are a crapshoot. Historically, they end up with something even worse most of the time. Reform is slow, painful, and requires continual attention and effort, but it's the only way to get any lasting results. Governments will never be nimble. Our Founding Fathers gave us the best framework that they could, given the times and tech that they had. They couldn't have foreseen all the issues that we confront today, including clusters of power and wealth, modern media, and social structures.

Never-Trumper here. Giving this much power (again) to such a frightening little turd is a recipe for losing what the Founding Fathers bequeathed us. Sort of like wrestling: First we have to win tonight's match, then we figure out how to get back on track for the rest of the season. Writing in some nobody gives the match to the little turd. Not gonna do that, even if the other fool leaves much to be desired. Also not voting for congressmen and senators who kiss any rings. They all need to grow a pair pretty damn soon.
Guess I missed all those wars Trump started or happened under his tenure .

I cut weight for lifting all my life. It was easy as an adult because I wasn’t going too low, but as a 19 yo old I went from 142 to 132 over 12 weeks then up to 149 in four. It’s very easy to move from say 190 to 197 which is probably what starocci will do .

He’ll be a healthy and solid 197 rather soon if not now and more than prepared to wrestle .

Don't kid yourself! AJ will piss-pound StarFish IF( and that is a BIG IF) he can get back on the mat FULL TIME! The StarFish will be on the same special "diet" as several other F*** st wrestlers from the recent past. Will not help him at 197 against a REAL 197!
Ford Focus hasn’t seriously wrestled for some time , he’s been busy concentrating on crappy lockout squats and big pulls using straps .

Like a lady.

Uh, I have a bet on the table that you conveniently deflected before you were given a time out. It's still on the table if you really think that.

Honestly, Carter would pound Ferrari at his current weight. Hidlay would have handled him this year if he could have found his way on the mat and Carter is competitive with Hidlay giving up 20 pounds.

Is that you @McScoreley ? I'll never be quite sure again after that impression you dropped on HVI.

Uh, I have a bet on the table that you conveniently deflected before you were given a time out. It's still on the table if you really think that.

Honestly, Carter would pound Ferrari at his current weight. Hidlay would have handled him this year if he could have found his way on the mat and Carter is competitive with Hidlay giving up 20 pounds.

Is that you @McScoreley ? I'll never be quite sure again after that impression you dropped on HVI.
Episode 2 Goodbye GIF by The Office

Reactions: TNTwrestle
Similar. I’ve voted for people on both sides of the isle but I would consider myself a never Trumper, because I can’t trust his ego or temper when talking to foreign diplomats.

On the flip side I can’t trust Biden now either. Most days whenever politics comes up I just sit quietly and wonder why two better options haven’t been presented to us.

One of the signers of the Declaration of Independence once said that the document was a great start but it would require a revolution every two generations to make sure this new form of govt didn’t eat itself from within. By my count we are well past due on that revolution, but I’m not smart enough to lead it, nor clever enough to know what’s worth fighting for in regards to change. So I turn to wrestling, my first love, and disengage from giving a shit.
^^^In similar boat. Our options are poor but even considering the ages of potential candidates, I still believe status quo to be the lesser of two evils. IMO Trump puts himself ahead of ALL - democracy, America, taxes, Fidelity, honesty, the law, social norms, etc, etc
He’ll say nearly anything to “trump up” support(pun intended) and sadly believes it all, as do his followers.

El dub hit the nail on the head regarding cluster B personality. Scary business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT