ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone having doubts?

If he does go to UNL, he won't be playing for Frost.
The Nebby AD better be happy they get that $$$ from the B1G... it'll make it easier to fire Frost after the 2021 season. If the Huskers don't finish at 500 next season, there will be immense pressure to cut him loose.

Nebraska doesn't have a QB that can throw downfield. They're a RPO team. All those 4* WRs will transfer out once they understand that.

Fidone made the mistake. He'll figure it out eventually.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I’m sorry but **** Fidone. He can go kick rocks. Iowa has more than enough talent at TE and he had a chance to commit to Iowa.

He chose Nebraska because he grew up a fan which is fine. But now he wants to bail? Speaks volumes about his character. He should just stay committed to Nebraska.

I can't fault a kid for wanting to play for his favorite team, but at some point you have to start thinking about your life after college.

I don’t think anyone on this board realizes or appreciates how strong Nebraska is. Not just physically strong, but Nebraska strong.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Anybody else see Hickman moping around on the sideline today... just wish some of those guys would have made better decisions

Reactions: IAROY
The Debbie board is spewing stuff like Iowa wasn't even in Fidone's top 4 before he chose Nebraska so we wouldn't even be in consideration if he bails on them.
Iowa football has moved on. Fidone didn’t want to come here, and that’s fine.

But, if I wanted to play TE on Sundays, I would have called Kittle, Hockenson and Fant as well as the plethora of TE’s Nub has put in the league (ok, there isn’t anyone to call) and asked them their thoughts.

Now he’s stuck in football hell, and may want to move on. Good. Just not to IC.

Here’s the difference between Iowa & Nub football. And Fidone would have been wise to realize this.

Nub gets 4 stars who never live up to their hype. Iowa takes kids and coaches them into the NFL. Particularly at TE. Dallas Clark and TJ are prime examples.

Anybody else see Hickman moping around on the sideline today... just wish some of those guys would have made better decisions
They turned him into a WR. Which he will never be at the next level because he’s not fast enough. I said it during his recruitment and stand by it. He needed Iowa more than we needed him. He made a terrible decision and would be well served to look at his options.

If he wants to bail on NE, and his family dislikes the U of I, he probably needs to take a long, hard look at Notre Dame. They have a proven track record at TE and at least this year are on the short list for winning a natty.

That said, Brian Kelly is a jackass and might be even less fun to play for than Frost.

Let's not forget that he said his family cries when Nebraska lost when he was growing up....they are die-hard fans.

So when he says "he doesn't know what to think" about Huskers getting curb-kicked by Illinois at home...on their "Black Saturday"....that just means he's still a die-hard fan...and won't make a logical choice of looking at Huskers in any other light other than his parents are fans.

Also when prior to his commitment when asked if he was honored or excited to get offer from Tight-end U (Iowa)...he only responded with a laughing face emoji. Going to the Huskers....just wait a few years...the laugh with be on him.

Saw Honas (sp?) make a tfl or sack yesterday, but I haven’t watched very much of Nebraska. Has he been a miss for us? LBs struggled at times last year, but he’d have to be pretty good to play for us this year.

Let's not forget that he said his family cries when Nebraska lost when he was growing up....they are die-hard fans.
Their tissue bill for the last few falls might be more than some people’s alcohol tab.
Not mine (not even close), but somebody’s.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
If, as posters have said, "that ship has sailed", why then act/post about him sounding like petty & bitter fans.

I believe we as Hawk fans are better than that.

If, as posters have said, "that ship has sailed", why then act/post about him sounding like petty & bitter fans.

I believe we as Hawk fans are better than that.
Nah, it never gets old making fun of the Huskers and all their 4* croots.

But will it be "Fi Done" or Fidon't"?

I watched lot's of football yesterday. The funniest play I saw all day was the Illinois punt where every Husker defender turned their backs and ran, except for ONE guy that rushed the kick.

Google the play if you can. It makes Pop Warner players look like Pros.

You dudes are hard. Is the TE room so loaded we can just trash a kid for going to a school he’s always wanted to go to? Did I miss the part he said Iowa was pos school? I’ll take my chances with him. You dipshits ruined that now. We’re are screwed for the next four years without him. Thanks, jerks.

Have fun in the latest dumpster fire at LSU. Ed can’t coach. He gets tossed around more than my wife.

Reactions: weeterkane
Saw Honas (sp?) make a tfl or sack yesterday, but I haven’t watched very much of Nebraska. Has he been a miss for us? LBs struggled at times last year, but he’d have to be pretty good to play for us this year.

I have watched parts of some of their games. Honas has been solid but not spectacular, which probably puts him as a star on that defense. I would take Benson and espscially Campbell over him. He would not have been a game changer for the Hawks.

You dudes are hard. Is the TE room so loaded we can just trash a kid for going to a school he’s always wanted to go to? Did I miss the part he said Iowa was pos school? I’ll take my chances with him. You dipshits ruined that now. We’re are screwed for the next four years without him. Thanks, jerks.

Have fun in the latest dumpster fire at LSU. Ed can’t coach. He gets tossed around more than my wife.

LaPorta, Miamen, Yelvertson, and Lachey and he said as much in not liking Iowa due to the crowded tight end position group.

Reactions: Fran_Man and nu2u
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT