ADVERTISEMENT

First amendment monday funday...

Aardvark86

HR Heisman
Jan 23, 2018
So we've got the two challenges to the two state social media content regulation laws up this morning. Hard to see them surviving. Also, orders from Friday conference.

In separate news, anybody catch the Rempe-Deslaurier tilt this weekend? Old school hockey.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
So we've got the two challenges to the two state social media content regulation laws up this morning. Hard to see them surviving. Also, orders from Friday conference.

In separate news, anybody catch the Rempe-Deslaurier tilt this weekend? Old school hockey.

You wouldn’t think so, but there are at least 2 votes that would allow if I had to guess …

Flashbacks to the old Avalanche Red Wings battles.

Reactions: Aardvark86
You wouldn’t think so, but there are at least 2 votes that would allow if I had to guess …

Flashbacks to the old Avalanche Red Wings battles.
or this, which I had the good fortune to see live:

if youlisten carefully, you can hear the fans watching the replay on teh big board going "oh! oh! oh!:"

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
The Texas SG did a better job than the Florida SG, to my ear, though I still don't think it'll make a difference.

Separately, just listening to the cold audio, Soto doesn't sound particularly healthy in the upper respiratory. Obviously lots going around, and most of it is run of the mill stuff, but she's sounded this way in arguments for a bit now.

Clement, as always, was great.

Interestingly, lots of discussion around analogies to common carriers. there's a paradox here in that the states are essentially arguing that the platforms have a sort of market power as content distributors that necessitates open platforms due to free speech considerations. but that's sort of a close cousin to the hipster antitrust theorists at the FTC, who I suspect the states despise, who take the position that antitrust laws are not just about economic/competitive impacts but rather other social or political power measures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finance85
I like Clement best when he's arguing against government. He's truly in his element in front of the SCOTUS.

Reactions: Aardvark86
I like Clement best when he's arguing against government. He's truly in his element in front of the SCOTUS.
Indeed; hard to remember someone who always comes across as relaxed as he does during arguments. And frankly a pretty good dude - we had a client that needed a reality check on something one level below, and he just jumped right in without hesitating and provided some thoughts pro bono.

On to Wednesday's bump stock argument, which may provide some more not-so-subtle clues about what to expect re: Chevron (assuming no opinions in the interim)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT