ADVERTISEMENT

FIVE OFFICERS Dead...10 shot by Micah Xavier Johnson - 25 yrs old

Please provide my quote where I state the African-American community is the only cause? I do a lot of volunteer mentoring with at risk youth in the African-American community. I doubt you even know where they live. So some of us are actually out there trying to have a positive impact, while others like you sit behind your computer screen and act like a self-righteous little b***h. There are certainly cultural issues in this community that don't help the problem. Most significantly the lack of a nuclear family, and the almost complete absence of positive male roll models. These are certainly not the only issues. The lack of importance placed on education, and the lack of quality employment opportunities for individuals that are predominantly unskilled, along with many others don't help.

The one thing I do know with certainty is that the mainstream African-American leadership in the country is evil. Guys like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, John Conyers, the leadership of the Black Lives Matter, etc, are little more than street level hustlers. They have personally enriched themselves off the backs of the very people they claim to be fighting for. More importantly it is in their economic best interest to keep the community from improving it's current station.

So spare me with your selective outrage and your fake open-mindedness.

Oh great, one of the "I have a black friend" responses... Don't bother backtracking, you've made your beliefs very clear.

Dunno that I can agree with you here. If these are the same "wounded and traumatized" protestors, I'd say you can revise your statement above.

Doubt you will look at these links, but here you go:

7Eleven had to close early due to drunk revelers taunting police and media, and looting the store:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/convenience-store-looted-downtown-after-attack/267260288

More dancing and mocking of the police officers:
That's just not going to help things at all.

Please provide my quote where I state the African-American community is the only cause? I do a lot of volunteer mentoring with at risk youth in the African-American community. I doubt you even know where they live. So some of us are actually out there trying to have a positive impact, while others like you sit behind your computer screen and act like a self-righteous little b***h. There are certainly cultural issues in this community that don't help the problem. Most significantly the lack of a nuclear family, and the almost complete absence of positive male roll models. These are certainly not the only issues. The lack of importance placed on education, and the lack of quality employment opportunities for individuals that are predominantly unskilled, along with many others don't help.

The one thing I do know with certainty is that the mainstream African-American leadership in the country is evil. Guys like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, John Conyers, the leadership of the Black Lives Matter, etc, are little more than street level hustlers. They have personally enriched themselves off the backs of the very people they claim to be fighting for. More importantly it is in their economic best interest to keep the community from improving it's current station.

Double like.

That's not the only issue with the 'hood rats'. It is though a very big part of it. The insanity that comes from some of the rougher areas permeates to everything around it. It creates angry cops, it creates angry white people and it creates angry black people as well.

There are still many white racists, but they are nothing more than shadows of the past for the most part. They're dying out and a new outlook was being reached. Now we have an upheaval of racial tension that is getting worse and worse by the day. I do agree that Obama should have been a hope to all racial relations, but he himself has made stupid statements time and time again, that have done nothing but fan the flames. The incident where he called the cop an idiot, only to have to apologize once the truth came out. The Trayvon Martin comment, which wasn't about race, but about a vigilante wannabe moron.

If 73chief is one of those isolate the races from one another than that is his opinion, a bad one by the way. It doesn't change that there are lots of issues that are in fact solely on the shoulders of the black communities. The whole white privilege crap isn't helping either, because it's making even more of an enemy out of white people in their eyes. Meanwhile a bunch of yuppy white idiots, are continuing to preach it, not realizing what the interpretation of those words are becoming in the eyes of black people.
Very well said

Oh great, one of the "I have a black friend" responses... Don't bother backtracking, you've made your beliefs very clear.
Why so angry? I hope you don't own any guns. You sound like you could snap at any time and go all "BLM" on some cops

I sat on a bus in Germany with Jim Oberweis from Illinois who ran against Obama for a senate seat in Illinois. The guy was pretty gracious but it was disgusting how Obama demonized his political opponents. He wouldn't come out and say it but you could tell from the words he used that Obama was an unethical, underhanded piece of crap

That was pretty much my grandfather's eval. He said Obama was all about "power", and would do anything to gain it.

Why so angry? I hope you don't own any guns. You sound like you could snap at any time and go all "BLM" on some cops

Um, the anger is on 73 chief calling me a self righteous bitch and writing a revisionist history manifesto in the post he's referring to.

I hope he doesn't snap and wipe out all the countless black people he's helping down at the shelter today.

Um, the anger is on 73 chief calling me a self righteous bitch and writing a revisionist history manifesto in the post he's referring to.

I hope he doesn't snap and wipe out all the countless black people he's helping down at the shelter today.
That sounds legit. A guy that's helping people is suddenly going to snap and Kill Them All?

You on the other hand...

Trying to find racism where it isn't... didn't you libs learn your lesson the last 8 years trying to find an economy where it isn't?

That sounds legit. A guy that's helping people is suddenly going to snap and Kill Them All?

You on the other hand...

Pic of him helping any black people at any shelter?

Also, if I do get paranoid and buy a bunch of guns out of fear or delusion, I'll let you know and will be happy to join you guys.

The one thing I do know with certainty is that the mainstream African-American leadership in the country is evil. Guys like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, John Conyers, the leadership of the Black Lives Matter, etc, are little more than street level hustlers. They have personally enriched themselves off the backs of the very people they claim to be fighting for. More importantly it is in their economic best interest to keep the community from improving it's current station. We need more people like Shelia Jackson Lee to move to the forefront in the national leadership. I might not agree with her on all issues, but she is a stand up person. It is not ironic that she was the only member of the Black Congressional Caucus who was on the national media outlets last night with a statement of support for law enforcement.

It's cool that you mentor and help out. I envisioned Clint Eastwood when I read this for some reason in that movie where he helps the Asian kid. :)

If you spoke the way you post in general about race relations in front of them, I can promise you it would hurt them. If they read your posts, they would feel betrayed. Take that however you wish, maybe the way you come across isn't an accurate reflection of who you are? I don't know.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Then NEVER use the right to rebel against the government as a reason against gun control again. You just forfeited your right. Agree or not with the shooters (I certainly don't), this is EXACTLY what they were doing in their mind.

It's also why that reasoning against gun control is completely batshit insane.

That's precisely what these murderers/idiots THOUGHT they were doing.
And 'rebelling against the government' is not what the 2nd Amendment was about.

'The Government' is us; it's regular people, employed in local/city/state/federal jobs, just doing their jobs. 'Rebelling against the government' (using the 2nd Amendment as your 'excuse') is just killing your own fellow citizens.

The inanity of 'shooting my own local police' to protest shootings that occurred in other states is incomprehensibly stupid and wrong. Might you have 'eliminated' one bad-apple cop? Maybe, but another 4 or 5 good guys are dead, too - people who may have been fantastic ambassadors for law enforcement in their local communities. They aren't coming back, and their fellow officers who were good, upstanding cops as well, now have that extra emotional baggage when they are back out on the street.

Only the bad guys and dirty cops 'win' from crap like this.

It's cool that you mentor and help out. I envisioned Clint Eastwood when I read this for some reason.

If you spoke the way you post in general about race relations in front of them, I can promise you it would hurt them. If they read your posts, they would feel betrayed. Take that however you wish, maybe the way you come across isn't an accurate reflection of who you are? I don't know.

The two young men I am currently mentoring have an incredible mother. She works her ass off for her kids and she has completely put her own life's ambitions and dreams in the trash to make sure both her sons escape the cycle. She and I have very frank conversations with them and neither one of us pull any punches in regards to some of the negative consequences that will be the result of following mainstream influences in the media and music. If you think some of my comments are harsh, they would be considered appeasing compared to some of the things their mother says. She even makes me blanch.

Don't underestimate the desire of the vast majority of the socio-economically disadvantaged in the African-American community to pull themselves up without relying on the lies that have been feed to them by the self-proclaimed mainstream leadership. They are definitely the silent majority.

That's precisely what these murderers/idiots THOUGHT they were doing.
And 'rebelling against the government' is not what the 2nd Amendment was about.

'The Government' is us; it's regular people, employed in local/city/state/federal jobs, just doing their jobs. 'Rebelling against the government' (using the 2nd Amendment as your 'excuse') is just killing your own fellow citizens.

The inanity of 'shooting my own local police' to protest shootings that occurred in other states is incomprehensibly stupid and wrong. Might you have 'eliminated' one bad-apple cop? Maybe, but another 4 or 5 good guys are dead, too - people who may have been fantastic ambassadors for law enforcement in their local communities. They aren't coming back, and their fellow officers who were good, upstanding cops as well, now have that extra emotional baggage when they are back out on the street.

Only the bad guys and dirty cops 'win' from crap like this.

I agree which is why I don't like the reasoning of rebelling against the government as a reason to oppose gun control. It leads to tragedies like this and, honestly, it can only lead to tragedies like this. Any organized effort to overthrow a tyrannical government regime is going to take a lot more than a bunch of people with automatic weapons.

Read the site.

www.guncite.com

They most assuredly created the 2nd Amendment in part to help stop an out of control government.

You can disagree all you like... Take it up with the founders.

Federalism. Embrace it.

Read the site.

www.guncite.com

They most assuredly created the 2nd Amendment in part to help stop an out of control government.

Federalism. Embrace it.

The argument I'm making doesn't matter what my opinion of that is. It only matters what the opinion of the shooter is and how the rhetoric of the right is interpreted. That's why you don't understand my argument.

By the way, the founders also built a way for the constitution to change because they understood that what made sense 240 years ago may not always be the case. Embrace it.

Read the site.

www.guncite.com

Federalism. Embrace it.

I read it; didn't see anything about 'armed rebellion' in there.

And, FWIW, at the time the Constitution was written, there was no such thing as a 'local police force'; those were created in Boston and NYC 50 years or more AFTER the Constitution was written.

Thus, a 'well armed militia' can certainly be viewed through the lens today that it is really intended to allow localities to arm their own local forces (e.g. police) to maintain peace and order - and ensure the federal government has no right to restrict the local right to an armed force. NOT to 'rebel against the government' or 'stop an out of control government'. It even specifically references 'a well regulated militia'. Not a bunch of angry armed citizens complaining about the government.

Breaking the law shouldn't subject you pot
That was pretty much my grandfather's eval. He said Obama was all about "power", and would do anything to gain it.

Wow, what would he have said about Trump?
Somehow, I'll bet it would have been different...

That's not what I said. Just people who feel the 2nd amendment is there so they can rebel against the government. That far from includes all responsible gun owners.

The right to protect ones self from the Gov't is ONE of the reasons why we have the 2nd Amendment. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and other founding fathers were very vocal about this.

Do a bit of reading sometime. You might just learn something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT