ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck and Minnesota.........

No you get a clue! It's mind boggling how clueless you are. All cops are the same. The fact you haven't watched what happened & how the good cops don't come forward us hilarious.

Also you accusing a black person of having victim mentality say alot about you. You haven't been called a dumb ****** or stop by a cops 2x times within several block for walking to target 5min away
Pointless arguing with the deaf and idiotic ones....

The Lake St/Minnehaha area was my old neighborhood and I’m a St Thomas alum as well. If you’re living in Ham Lake or Minnetonka (had a house there too) the riots might as well had happened in another state. Minneapolis itself is quite small in area compared to the sprawling suburbs. I stayed at the Marquette Hotel most of the summer and fall and rather enjoyed the quiet.

The problems in Minneapolis stem from poor leadership and people who lack practical decision making qualities aren’t being elected. Activists typically do not make for good administrators. There’s quite a few people on the city council who are unqualified for their jobs.

Last edited:
The Lake St/Minnehaha area was my old neighborhood and I’m a St Thomas alum as well. If you’re living in Ham Lake or Minnetonka (had a house there too) the riots might as well had happened in another state. Minneapolis itself is quite small in area compared to the sprawling suburbs. I stayed at the Marquette Hotel most of the summer and fall and rather enjoyed the quiet.

The problems in Minneapolis stem from poor leadership and people who lack practical decision making qualities aren’t being elected. Activists typically do not make for good administrators. There’s quite a few people on the city council who are unqualified for their jobs.
Dodge duck dip dive and dodge. Also, you responded to the wrong thread. Since we are here though do you know a way people with high income can really make those riots "feel like they are in another state?

Answer: Move to another state

In no way do I have the same level of angst against PJ or the Gophers many here do.

However, if I had a son headed off to college now, football scholarship or not, I'd have a real tough time as a parent seeing my son go to Minneapolis to school right now. The unrest there, the radical city council that plans to defund the police department, no way in hell. The UM campus is not far from downtown.

Problematic for recruiting purposes.

Downtown isn’t where the unrest was and the U of MN campus isn’t exactly dangerous or ground zero for the riots.

Reactions: David1979

This. I know many people who live in Minneapolis and have worked in the public sector. This is exactly what they say.

Downtown isn’t where the unrest was and the U of MN campus isn’t exactly dangerous or ground zero for the riots.

I agree that the U of M campus is not threatened by the recent unrest, and they have their own police force anyway. I'm not sure what that does for students living in Dinky Town or other places off campus though. Crime has been high surrounding the campus for years. Also, downtown did see its share of looting and crime. The idiots even torched Brits Pub. I don't know that downtown is going to comeback as robustly as I would like. I work downtown and getting people from the suburbs or even from other parts of Mpls to agree to meet downtown (even before the recent shutdown) has been difficult.

No mention of policing being a problem in Minneapolis despite multiple high profile instances of police abuse / manslaughter?

Downtown is a pain in the ass. Hey meet there when you can meet somewhere else w/o parking in a garage etc?

It isn't the inconvenience that has changed attitudes about downtown. I can park on the street downtown just as easily as I can park in the street in uptown. It is a concern for safety in light of recent increases in crime and violence--at least that is what people say when I ask if they would like to meet downtown to go out for dinner or a drink. I fear downtown Mpls will increasingly become a place people work but then get out.

The question is why do they keep voting for those people? And they just did it again. Which group is the true idiots?

Campus area is very bad at the moment! And People are most definitely leaving Minneapolis and surrounding areas. I live across the river in Hudson, WI and have relator friends that say Hudson can't keep up or find enough houses.

But most people don't know that or care to learn that.

Most people think Iowa is nothing but a flat corn field with a couple buildings sticking up from that even though it's not that at all. Perception is reality with many.

I did read car jackings are up over 500% in Minneapolis. A coworker (no pic) was eating at an outdoor patio this summer and someone walked by, took her purse, jumped in a car and drove off. They called it in with the license number... but the car was reported stolen a couple hours earlier.

This can't be said enough - HUGE difference between MSP-STP and the surrounding suburbs. Housing prices in MSP-STP going down. Housing prices in Burbs going up. Number of houses going for sale in MSP-STP since the unrest going up. Houses for sale in burbs, less, as there is much more demand. Crime, encampments, etc in MSP-STP on the rise - even an autonomous zone in MSP (not sure if still there or not, but was there this summer/fall). Burbs, not as much. Police Officers in MSP are leaving, quitting, transferring. Police forces in Burbs bulking up. Legal gun sales in the outer ring are going through the roof right now, despite Minnesota having some of the worst laws for folks protecting their own homes. Ellison and Freeman are basically refusing to enforce/prosecute anyone in the inner ring for anything (other than not wearing masks and for gatherings they don't agree with) and the number of crimes that are scheduled to go to 0 bail starting in 2021 is scary. I live in Lino Lakes, and am very far removed from the stuff that happened on Lake, University, and Minnehaha. However, there are plenty of folks concerned all over in the cities. I have lived all over the cities since moving up to Minnesota in 2000. I didn't go through the scary times of the 90's but I can tell you for sure, right now is the toughest it has been in MSP and STP since I have been here. With the outcry against police (some justified, some not) and Mayors and Council Members pushing to defund and restrict, even if some people are applauding this, it cannot be denied it is empowering the criminal element. To try and refute that is madness. Burglaries, car jackings, petty theft, targeted violence, and shootings are WAY UP. Some of that is on Covid for sure - part of the perfect storm. But regardless of the reason, it is still happening. This is why a sizeable amount of people are leaving or trying to leave areas of MSP-STP that they would have never considered in the past. U of M campus is not far from there, but honestly has always had their own element to deal with - particularly in the off campus areas near there. There are major commercial buildings downtown MSP that are nearly vacant these days (Dayton for one) - not just of employees, but businesses as a whole. Again, not exclusively because of violence and crime, but certainly not helping.

Reactions: 24 so far
The city is up for big changes if they disband their police dept which they are getting very close to doing. The sheriff's department has already said they will not go into the metro to help, which will leave the downtown and metro areas with no police protection at all. It may well look like a burned out hell hole in a couple of months. Neighborhoods are already forming their own armed security patrols to protect their homes and businesses. It's going to get interesting up there.
You get what you vote for.

Reactions: RomanHawk
Here is zip code 55410 most recent monthly home value report from Zillow. This is south Minneapolis area just south of Uptown.

Typical Home Value = $499,404 (+3.94%)

Typical Home Value 1 Year Ago = $480,474

1 Year forecasted value increase = +6.9%

I think all this exaggeration of ppl running to the suburbs or moving away is a little over exaggerated. These stats back that up. Leave the politics out of it and look at the actual #s.

Here is zip code 55410 most recent monthly home value report from Zillow. This is south Minneapolis area just south of Uptown.

I think all this exaggeration of ppl running to the suburbs or moving away is a little over exaggerated. These stats back that up. Leave the politics out of it and look at the actual #s.

The city as a whole is up 9.9% so they are lagging a little. City houses are getting 100.8% of asking price while the suburbs are 101.3% so lagging just a touch there as well.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
It isn't the inconvenience that has changed attitudes about downtown. I can park on the street downtown just as easily as I can park in the street in uptown. It is a concern for safety in light of recent increases in crime and violence--at least that is what people say when I ask if they would like to meet downtown to go out for dinner or a drink. I fear downtown Mpls will increasingly become a place people work but then get out.
That would be the wise thing to do concerning Downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul. Both Liberal Hellholes with revolving door crime, have been for many, many years and worse by the day.

I wouldn't ever consider sending a child to go to College anywhere near either of those places. When the "victims" of crime are the criminals themselves, you've got yourself a problem.

The good news is I haven't been anywhere near either for most of 2020, and only had to bring my gun to work in Minnetonka twice this year with the "peaceful protests" going on. But our Company is chock full of Conceal / Carry holders so no worries........ (of course in Minnesota that makes you a criminal if you use it - but they gleefully look the other way if you're illegally armed on multiple occasions as a convicted felon, downtrodden inner-city troubadour because The Man is holding you down, etc.).

Reactions: abby97

You just happened to select one of the most desirable zips within the city of Mpls, the very SW corner of the city which borders the $$ suburb of Edina on the West and its two most popular lakes on the North and East. Nice cherry pick. Try 55404 or 55407 in 6 months and see what you get.

Housing is up all around the metro including the city, that is true. It's up more in the suburbs and exurbs than the city and that spread will continue to widen over the next few years if things continue going the way they are in Minneapolis.

Many businesses are looking to leave downtown when their lease expires. I've heard this from a number of people who work or have contracts with firms downtown. Once the tax base weakens...things will slide downhill pretty fast. We've seen this in other cities.

Last edited:
That would be the wise thing to do concerning Downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul. Both Liberal Hellholes with revolving door crime, have been for many, many years and worse by the day.

I wouldn't ever consider sending a child to go to College anywhere near either of those places. When the "victims" of crime are the criminals themselves, you've got yourself a problem.

The good news is I haven't been anywhere near either for most of 2020, and only had to bring my gun to work in Minnetonka twice this year with the "peaceful protests" going on. But our Company is chock full of Conceal / Carry holders so no worries........ (of course in Minnesota that makes you a criminal if you use it - but they gleefully look the other way if you're illegally armed on multiple occasions as a convicted felon, downtrodden inner-city troubadour because The Man is holding you down, etc.).

I worked in Minnetonka for nine years, then remote from this March to Sept. 1st when i was shit canned lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT