ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Redshirt Report - no Brands?

I would guess it's because he's not expected to start, but should probably be included regardless.

There's gonna be a few odd men out this year. It's a good thing to have that much depth. We may even lose a couple to transfer but I'd rather have that problem then be weak with mo depth trying to keep everyone happy.

Reactions: Inthecircle
oooooh, yeah that's my bad. definitely should have included Nelson.

when I was combing through names to include I was focused guys who are projected to start, but I still should've caught that one. I'll add him asap.

what weight do we think he'll be? I added him in at 174 for now.

Last edited:
Why wouldnt kem start right away? You would think he would be fine by now
I think they will treat the injury like Spencer’s. Brands will fill in til midlands and then Kemerer will go. It can only help Kemerer’s injury to give him an extra couple months and should not hurt his performance come March. When did he have surgery? I believe the rehab is 9-12 months.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Why wouldnt kem start right away? You would think he would be fine by now
I think they will treat the injury like Spencer’s. Brands will fill in til midlands and then Kemerer will go. It can only help Kemerer’s injury to give him an extra couple months and should not hurt his performance come March. When did he have surgery? I believe the rehab is 9-12 months.

How big is brands?? I talked with one of his high school coaches and he assured me Brands would go 57 next year.. but that was a couple months ago.

Reactions: MSeil
How big is brands?? I talked with one of his high school coaches and he assured me Brands would go 57 next year.. but that was a couple months ago.
Maybe he will. I just wouldn’t expect to see Kemerer go right away. Who will fill in for him remains to be seen.

Well if he is at 57' that will be a helluva wrestle off.
Don't want to miss that, shit...whens wrestle offs? Haha. :)
Go Hawks!!
PS *Big Mark Reiland fan!

Reactions: funnyfletcher
It would be the Young situation all over again if he went 174. A good wrestler getting overmatched by other’s size. I think NBs optimum weight is 157.

Nelson is a lot thicker than Kaleb. Kaleb is a skinny branch if you ever stand next to him. I may be wrong but ive been told Nelson is closer to a 174 guy than he is 157 now.

I would be shocked if Nelson is starting at 174 until mid Jan. Maybe he gives up some weight but I think too many of you assume he can make 157. I heard he cant make that weight anymore and besides ive also been told he doesnt like to cut much and they feel he wrestles better that way. If you havent figured out by now...Terry pretty much lets Nelson be Nelson...not a clone of the family name.

Ill stand by he is 174 until Kem gets back and then he is an insurance policy for 165/174 heavin forbid something happens to Bull/Kem. However I do think even though he wrestles 174 in duals to start the season...then adjusts down to 165 just in time for midlands. That will be interesting.

Nelson is a lot thicker than Kaleb. Kaleb is a skinny branch if you ever stand next to him. I may be wrong but ive been told Nelson is closer to a 174 guy than he is 157 now.

I would be shocked if Nelson is starting at 174 until mid Jan. Maybe he gives up some weight but I think too many of you assume he can make 157. I heard he cant make that weight anymore and besides ive also been told he doesnt like to cut much and they feel he wrestles better that way. If you havent figured out by now...Terry pretty much lets Nelson be Nelson...not a clone of the family name.

Ill stand by he is 174 until Kem gets back and then he is an insurance policy for 165/174 heavin forbid something happens to Bull/Kem. However I do think even though he wrestles 174 in duals to start the season...then adjusts down to 165 just in time for midlands. That will be interesting.
I feel his cut at the US open was a hard one and that was 163. I just don't see him making 157 for a season. Again i could be wrong. In the end I don't think it matters come March. I strongly believe the lineup will be
57- Young
65- Bull
74- Kemerer
for the next two years until they graduate.

Last edited:
I think it pretty obvious that his strongest weight is 165, as evidenced by him looking absolutely dominant at that weight last year in his redshirt year. Going up or down will yield a less than optimal version of Nelson Brands. Young is a national title contender as is the Bull and a healthy Kemdog. Nelson starts at just about every other school in the country. Unfortunately, he’s going to have to sit, unless there are health issues. Just not enough rooms at the inn.

Had he not redshirted last year, he would have challenged for 157. He wrestled 65 because he didn’t have to cut much....This lines up with what Iowa does in folk/free. I suppose he could have put weight on but even the eyeball test from the all the opens says he is 157 or 165. IIRC, it was noted that he looked smaller than some of his opponents.

I’m sure you are more informed than I am and I am not the Guess Your Weight guy at the fair so we’ll just wait and see haha.

Last edited:
oooooh, yeah that's my bad. definitely should have included Nelson.

when I was combing through names to include I was focused guys who are projected to start, but I still should've caught that one. I'll add him asap.

what weight do we think he'll be? I added him in at 174 for now.
You’re the man Spey. Met you briefly at final x Lincoln. Love the live blogs!

Reactions: Jaroslav Hasek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT