ADVERTISEMENT

Food for thought regarding Ferraris and the Iowa Room

G14, if what I said gave the impression I think its a positive, in the sense that, I think keeping them is justified, please let me clarify.

It's a fact that Iowa needs something to get the wrestlers performing with urgency. It is also a fact that the arrival of the Ferraris has resulted in urgency. And it is a fact that this is what Iowa needs. However (and this is why I posted), it is NOT a fact that the Ferraris are necessary for the urgency. That's the point, There MUST be some other way to get the results needed.

And these knucklheads are, as you say, doing something TnT have been unable to do. So, I 100% concur, TnT need to pose in front of the mirror, but they won't.

They're stubbornness hurt recruiting for years until Lee's Dad showed TnT an thick portfolio of negative recruiting vs Iowa. Now, they're stubborness is going to ruin their legacy, if they're not careful.

I agree it would be great to see the Iowa Wrestling of Old, but let's see if this 'urgency' continues when we start wrestling better competition. Until then I would hold off on declaring our wrestlers have changed their ways.

Last edited:
It is extremely obvious that the 9.9 means nothing now for F*** st. If we are being honest it hasn't for the whole time Kralure has been there. NIL has changed it for everyone now so again, some of these recruits coming along ar GOT TO HAVE like Spencer Lee types. BO Bassett, The JAX kid.

HOW do you get them to IOWA???? What will it take? This is what I am not understanding? Now before you get the, this kid wants to stay near home. this kid grew up a fan of this team, etc...... I get that certain kids are not going to come to IOWA, but EVERY TOP kid who is open about possibly coming HAS to be thrown the kitchen sink!!!!

So bringing in the Ferraris ESPECIALLY the youngest, seems to be a NO brainer. To make that happen, I guess the others were part of the deal or process and part of the throwing everything they had at the #1 kid to come aboard. Other then him, what do we have?
How you get them to Iowa is definitely not to have a family of malignant narcissists who take a swing at respected veteran teammates and flip off their own team's parents section. If Angelo still wants to come with the understanding that he will be the only member of his family living in Iowa City (and he is under a zero tolerance behavior program), then that's fine since he hasn't shown any of his family's sociopathic tendencies (yet), but I can't see how going forward with the other two is helpful in any way, and it will cost you elite recruits going forward (it already cost you Chittum before this happened...).

The good thing for you guys is that AJ's (and to a lesser extent Anthony's) behavior should eliminate any leverage the father had to force any program to take the two miscreants along with the coveted brother. If Iowa cuts those two loose, they are done in wrestling and might as well move on to WWE or MMA or something. No one is taking a guy who swings at his own teammates.
TEN weights to fill, I like Ayala to fill 125 or 133, we have a hole or need a freshman transfer to fill the other. We lose woods and I am not seeing a MAJOR point score to fill in for him? 157, 165, 174, appear to be pretty solid, but maybe not NC types at least right now. ARNOLD out of all of them seems to have the highest ceiling.

I think you need to get Kennedy in somewhere so someone needs to get to 184. Is 149 covered with someone good enough to score some points at nationals? I mean I believe to take out F*** st we will need to be talking about the 130+ point range!!!

MINIMUM 5 absolute HAMMERS who bring in 20+ points each!!!! There is your first 100-125, then another 5 STUDS who can place or add something. Bottom line is count what we have, and what we have coming in, add in ANY possible transfer or recruit, and give me YOUR answers to the problem!??!?!?!
You currently have one hammer (Woods) who is a senior this year. Ayala also has a chance to win this year given how wide open 125 is, and Gabe has shown signs that he is developing into a potential elite hammer (although he needs to knock off the Ferrari-like BS antics like spanking his opponent, too). A couple other guys fit into the second tier studs category (i.e. Franek, Caliendo, PK if he's in the lineup, Kueter if he wrestles, etc.). It's going to be difficult to envision improving on that while running the program like a zoo that caters to the monkeys.

How you get them to Iowa is definitely not to have a family of malignant narcissists who take a swing at respected veteran teammates and flip off their own team's parents section. If Angelo still wants to come with the understanding that he will be the only member of his family living in Iowa City (and he is under a zero tolerance behavior program), then that's fine since he hasn't shown any of his family's sociopathic tendencies (yet), but I can't see how going forward with the other two is helpful in any way, and it will cost you elite recruits going forward (it already cost you Chittum before this happened...).

The good thing for you guys is that AJ's (and to a lesser extent Anthony's) behavior should eliminate any leverage the father had to force any program to take the two miscreants along with the coveted brother. If Iowa cuts those two loose, they are done in wrestling and might as well move on to WWE or MMA or something. No one is taking a guy who swings at his own teammates.

You currently have one hammer (Woods) who is a senior this year. Ayala also has a chance to win this year given how wide open 125 is, and Gabe has shown signs that he is developing into a potential elite hammer (although he needs to knock off the Ferrari-like BS antics like spanking his opponent, too). A couple other guys fit into the second tier studs category (i.e. Franek, Caliendo, PK if he's in the lineup, Kueter if he wrestles, etc.). It's going to be difficult to envision improving on that while running the program like a zoo that caters to the monkeys.
A.J. will bring some much-needed class to this program. Plus, his family loves Jesus Christ.

Then I have no idea WTF we are doing SS, it almost feels like the Luther Open has a stronger field. Just so we can host a JV tourney. FFS!
What is everyone's issue with the Soldier Salute??? Did you see the competition at Midlands, and Southern Scuffle?? Since Iowa is not at Midlands, and PSU not at Southern Scuffle, those tournaments are no juggernaut.

Isn't the reason we started the Soldier Salute in the first place because Midlands were cancelled for the second straight year? And we moved quickly to start a tournament, and then the Midlands decided to have their tournament?

How, if we are going to start a tourney, do we build it into a fantastic tourney that you all feel needs to have all the top teams? Well, it takes time. The Soldier Salute was an awesome event to attend. We got to see great matchups. Look at Ayala's run to championship. Rathje had 2 Iowa guys who would be highly ranked otherwise (VV3) was. Woods match up was top 6, Franek had great competition, Caliendo vs Kennedy (albeit Iowa guys) two of the top 165lbs in the Nation. The list goes on.

And it was a GREAT tournament to watch. Everything about being in that event was top notch. I love the arena, the seating. Eustice is doing a great job, and I am sure this is a starting point to a continually improving event. Our jobs as fans is to GO, not whine about what we feel is better competition, or what we feel the teams need.

I loved Midlands, and I went MANY of years to watch. There's now one tourney that stands out, and that CKLV.

We come into January facing the toughest conference and great competition for 2 months, plus OSU. I don't think lack of competition will be our issue.

I think dropping Midlands to start Soldier was a bad idea. Was this done to give the women's team a tourney? SS may be the weakest competition available. Having most our guys wrestle teammates doesn't help build records or recruiting. 2 years In row creating drama.

I'm not a fan of bringing Ferarris, but we have failed in recruiting, this was a Hail Mary for sure. Good or bad hopefully we hold on to the youngest and build something.
I may be confused on your post, but to me it implies a belief this was the "first" Soldier Salute. There was a soldier Salute tournament last December (2022) in Chicago that coincided with the Midlands. It isn't new this year, it is just Iowa hosted it. And, Last year I wondered why there would be a competing tournament in the same metro area..... watered down competition, divide fan bases etc.... not a fan...

Oh lighten up, Francis. In case you don't know the reference - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
I'm not in the mood to lighten up. This damn debacle has me pissed off. Then I have to read these stupid trolls chiming in and then a couple regulars start telling me what to do. Pretty soon the cuckoo's nest is going to get shoved where the sun doesn't shine.

I'm not in the mood to lighten up. This damn debacle has me pissed off. Then I have to read these stupid trolls chiming in and then a couple regulars start telling me what to do. Pretty soon the cuckoo's nest is going to get shoved where the sun doesn't shine.
Never let those outside of the family know what you are thinking ;)

What is the price for NCAA points? What is the staff willing to put up with, deal with, handle.....in order to score more points in KC in March? That's what it comes down to IMO. I can't believe there is any other reason. I suppose I should add fans to the equation. What are fans willing to accept in order to score more NCAA points?
Well- this is pretty much any sport at any level. Iowa would not be the first sports team to have a questionable athlete on its roster.

I may be confused on your post, but to me it implies a belief this was the "first" Soldier Salute. There was a soldier Salute tournament last December (2022) in Chicago that coincided with the Midlands. It isn't new this year, it is just Iowa hosted it. And, Last year I wondered why there would be a competing tournament in the same metro area..... watered down competition, divide fan bases etc.... not a fan...
So there was a Soldier Salute in Chicago in 2022?

Have you tried spontaneously hitting the splits and flipping off everyone and everything in sight? Heard it's en vogue

Too soon 🤷‍♂️?
Unfortunately, I walked into our wrestling room at our 7 am New Years Day practice to one of my wrestlers showing those who had not seen it, what went on. Then I get asked, "what would you do, if one of us did that?" Fortunately, with this one I was able to say, "your first concern would/should be what your dad would do".

I just saw a pic on Hawk Central? maybe.. It showed the entire Iowa staff gaping with open mouths at something happening off camera. Everyone looks confused and appalled except for Tommy. He was grinning from ear to ear. Any idea of context?

They were watching AJ’s MMA highlights.

ksyur.gif

Kueter should place his name in the transfer portal. This is certainly not what he signed up for. A substandard football program and now an Italian mob family taking over wrestling.

I know this is the 2nd year, I still question its viability.

Reactions: bman546
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT