ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Democratic excitement, Trump is still the favorite

Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million in 2016 and lost the popular vote by 8 million in 2020. He is now 80 in 2024, a felon, a rapist, and facing an opponent far younger and more energetic than him, crushing him in money, popularity, crowd sizes, and beating him in both the national and state polls. Reality says that Trump is in serious trouble here.

No need to lie. Most of that is true.

The concern I have is the Democrats putting up the worst candidate in American history. All that and Trump still has a legitimate chance to win.

Battleground States may not be keen on voting a San Fran extremist marxist into office.

All those meaningless popular votes may not matter.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
The same is true of any candidate with a D by their name. This is decided in the middle, which is VERY small.

It more highlights tribal division than any sort of popularity of a specific candidate.
it is very worrisome, not merely for this election but in general, if the middle is a small percentage. i’m operating under a more optimistic view that at least 50% are in the middle and reasonably malleable and willing to puck a side based on present (4 year horizon) needs. to become ossified to one side or another based on 1-2 issues that don’t make a everyday difference is scary.

Other polls show different trends.

OP is right.

And Harris is not a great candidate no matter how you slice it. She was chosen by Biden because she checked the right DEI boxes.

So, don’t get so cocky. Just because the Republican Party is a shit show right now doesn’t make your party good. If it weren’t for Trump, there’s no way in hell I would be voting for Kamala.
Please post your resume so we can compare it to the DEI lady's resume. Thanks.

The concern I have is the Democrats putting up the worst candidate in American history. All that and Trump still has a legitimate chance to win.

Battleground States may not be keen on voting a San Fran extremist marxist into office.

Dude, you're posting at the level of scruds and northern. It's embarrassing.

Poll show Harris with only a 2.5% lead nationwide, which will not get it done with our electoral system. Trump may have a ceiling, but the floor is right below it, and the floor is absurdly high.

Nearly half of all Americans will vote for Teump no matter what . So he can stumble around the country spewing nonsense and transparent lies; it just doesn’t matter.

Turnout is the only thing that can save us from another four years.
3 percent is the magic number nationwide. A 3 percent win in the popular vote is when the EC firms up in favor of the Dems.
I am extremely nervous, and not confident at all. I do have faith in Trump being a lifelong loser, however. He can really sabotage himself, and he's really going to go off the deep end if he gets pummeled in the debate, and when he is sentenced one week later. He might have a stroke or something if he gets actual prison time or extended house arrest.

Oh eff you. You're Elon's sock puppet, you want Trump to win.

"San Francisco extremist marxist". LOL.

This price control complaint is moronic. Even Trump talks about "price controls." He's doing it right now with him trying to take credit for $35 insulin.
Price controls are stupid policy. Targeting groceries is just red meat for idiots.

When your opponent calls you ‘communist,’ maybe don’t propose price controls?​

It’s hard to exaggerate how bad Kamala Harris’s price-gouging proposal is.

Dude, you're posting at the level of scruds and northern. It's embarrassing.

Well then help me out, because her campaign is long on phony slogans and short on details.

define these:

“We will seek equal outcomes”

“I will take their patent, I will snatch it! (cackles)”

What does she mean by these statements? They do not seem appealing to this voter.

Price controls are stupid policy. Targeting groceries is just red meat for idiots.

Trump has been flirting with this stuff all election. He'll bring down gas prices, bring down gas prices, make everything cheap again. You can't bitch about Harris without bitching even more about Trump.

Well then help me out, because her campaign is long on phony slogans and short on details.

define these:

“We will seek equal outcomes”

“I will take their patent, I will snatch it! (cackles)”

What does she mean by these statements? They do not seem appealing to this voter.
You're calling her the worst candidate ever and calling her a Marxist. You've gone off the deep end.

As of Tuesday at 10 a.m. EDT, the betting – which legally can't be done in the U.S. – put the likelihood of Harris winning the election at 52% and Trump's at 45%. A month ago, bettors placed Trump's odds of winning as high as 71%.

Reactions: HawkMD and MitchLL
Trump leads by 4.6%.
Two GOP Senators
GOP governor
Two thirds of the state legislature is GOP

By what definition is Florida not solid red?
By your metrics, Florida =Mississippi North. Both voted for Trump in 2020, but they are not the same in 2024.

And Scott is not well liked and I'm not sure Rubio is either.

Trump will need to spend $$$ to hold on in Florida. That's significant when his campaign is getting dwarfed in fundraising.

Trump has been flirting with this stuff all election. He'll bring down gas prices, bring down gas prices, make everything cheap again. You can't bitch about Harris without bitching even more about Trump.
I don’t remember Trump proposing price controls for groceries. If he did…it’s stupid.

Kamala is making it a cornerstone of her campaign.

I don’t remember Trump proposing price controls for groceries. If he did…it’s stupid.

That's been his entire economic message. Put him in charge and he will fix prices. He says it over and over. Every. Last. Rally. Every. Last. Response. Trump is the one making price controls the center of his entire economic life.

That's been his entire economic message. Put him in charge and he will fix prices. He says it over and over. Every. Last. Rally. Every. Last. Response. Trump is the one making price controls the center of his entire economic life.
And four years later....I'm still watching Trump and his prediction that the stock market will collapse, the economy will crash, and my 401k/retirement will evaporate.
Nada!

He's been trying to spread fear from the day he announced in 2015.
Nine years later, same old, tired schtick.
The amazing thing is some people actually believe him?

Is going after price gouging the same as price controls?

Last edited:

On the flip side (because bOtH sIdEz). I don’t think proposing tariffs on foreign goods and telling Americans that 1) they work and 2) they help average Americans is very sound campaigning.

Reactions: lucas80

Every politician makes vague promises to bring down prices Huey.

Not every politician promises to implement price controls to do it.

Why?

Because it’s brain dead stupid and has failed repeatedly.

On the flip side (because bOtH sIdEz). I don’t think proposing tariffs on foreign goods and telling Americans that 1) they work and 2) they help average Americans is very sound campaigning.

Tell that to Joe.

I agree wide scale tariffs are really stupid. Targeted tariffs I don’t have a problem with.

Every politician makes vague promises to bring down prices Huey.

Not every politician promises to implement price controls to do it.

Why?

Because it’s brain dead stupid and has failed repeatedly.
Harris never said she would price control. She said she would stop price gouging at a federal level. 37 states already do this. But carry on with your bullshit.

Harris never said she would price control. She said she would stop price gouging at a federal level. 37 states already do this. But carry on with your bullshit.

Harris’ plan to stop price gouging could create more problems than it solves​

It’s stupid policy Huey, it’s ok to say so and still support her.

Or are you one of the stupid people she’s targeting with this?

Tell that to Joe.

I agree wide scale tariffs are really stupid. Targeted tariffs I don’t have a problem with.

From the article that you linked.

Trump has vowed more of the same in a second term. He’s threatening to impose a 10% tariff on all imports — and a 60% tax on Chinese goods.

“I call it a ring around the country,’’ Trump said in an interview with Time magazine
.”

So altogether different approaches to tariffs?

But bOtH sIDeZ.

From the article that you linked.

Trump has vowed more of the same in a second term. He’s threatening to impose a 10% tariff on all imports — and a 60% tax on Chinese goods.

“I call it a ring around the country,’’ Trump said in an interview with Time magazine
.”

So altogether different approaches to tariffs?

But bOtH sIDeZ.
Trumps tariff proposal is stupid.

How do you feel about the Harris price control plan?
You seem to be avoiding answering that.

Harris’ plan to stop price gouging could create more problems than it solves​

It’s stupid policy Huey, it’s ok to say so and still support her.

Or are you one of the stupid people she’s targeting with this?
You claim she is going to control prices. What she is actually doing is calling for a ban on price gouging. Most states already do this. It's a non controversial measure that nobody cared about until Harris hit the scene and morons like you had nothing else to use against her. Might as well admit it, bins

What are your feeling on the Harris price control
Plan?

She hasn’t talked specifics about actual price controls, bins. To this point, it’s been talking about corporate monopolies and a discussion about price gouging. And I think that messsge resonates with voters.

I believe Harris’ message is about offering additional consumer protections - like taking a closer look at corporate mergers (Kroger-Albertsons, for example). Harris hasn’t come out and stated she’s going to implement price controls.

3 percent is the magic number nationwide. A 3 percent win in the popular vote is when the EC firms up in favor of the Dems.
I am extremely nervous, and not confident at all. I do have faith in Trump being a lifelong loser, however. He can really sabotage himself, and he's really going to go off the deep end if he gets pummeled in the debate, and when he is sentenced one week later. He might have a stroke or something if he gets actual prison time or extended house arrest.
Unless the National polls are constructed to mimic electoral college outcomes, I have a hard time putting much faith in nationwide percentages. And even then, I always thought the Dems needed closer to 5-6% advantage before you could have confidence in hitting the 270 mark.

Regardless, I think the most critical factor will be any swing states or marginally red states that have managed to get pro choice/abortion measures onto the November ballots. This should drive up participation from likely Harris voters and could provide the extra push needed to get her over the top.

Reactions: lucas80 and MitchLL
Other polls show different trends.

OP is right.

And Harris is not a great candidate no matter how you slice it. She was chosen by Biden because she checked the right DEI boxes.

So, don’t get so cocky. Just because the Republican Party is a shit show right now doesn’t make your party good. If it weren’t for Trump, there’s no way in hell I would be voting for Kamala.
You've just described yourself as a member of the largest voting bloc in this country. Trump has never been the choice of the majority of the country, has always had a hard ceiling of around 46% , and pulled an inside straight to win in 2016. That is why the election is the Dem's to lose. Not suggesting they aren't capable of pissing it away, but they are in the driver's seat today.

She hasn’t talked specifics about actual price controls, bins. To this point, it’s been talking about corporate monopolies and a discussion about price gouging. And I think that messsge resonates with voters.

I believe Harris’ message is about offering additional consumer protections - like taking a closer look at corporate mergers (Kroger-Albertsons, for example). Harris hasn’t come out and stated she’s going to implement price controls.
Ummm 95hawk. How does she prevent price gouging without controlling prices?

That is wishful thinking with no metrics to support it. Significant traditional battleground states, such as Ohio and Florida, are now solid red.
Liberals should have learned from 2016 about being cocky. I remember when “grab ‘em by the pussy” was the final nail in Trump’s coffin too.

I spelled out many the metrics in my above post. Trump is facing insanely big headwinds. And we haven't even touched on his endless legal troubles. He is ripe to get destroyed in November.
I can promise you Trump has lost no support. None. The question will be voter turnout for Dems because rest assured Republican voters are motivated, especially since many of them believe the bullshit about a stolen election. Independents are probably going to split between two weak candidates.

This election is going to be close. Harris better pour gobs of money into Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona, and Nevada.

Aren’t those related to natural disasters Huey?
They're related to any disaster or emergency. Which means that even conservative states are fine with consumer price protections. Until Harris says she is, too. Then you flip out. It's ok to admit that you had zero problem with this until Harris said she supported it.

I already suggested that Harris’ approach was going to be more around consumer protection, bins. Having the FTC take a closer look at mergers.

Not sure what else to tell you. 🤷‍♂️

Liberals should have learned from 2016 about being cocky. I remember when “grab ‘em by the pussy” was the final nail in Trump’s coffin too.

I can promise you Trump has lost no support. None. The question will be voter turnout for Dems because rest assured Republican voters are motivated, especially since many of them believe the bullshit about a stolen election. Independents are probably going to split between two weak candidates.

This election is going to be close. Harris better pour gobs of money into Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona, and Nevada.
He's absolutely lost support. A large portion of his base has simply died out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT