ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you saying KF and CO won't change

Just watched a podcast with Cade and he said that Iowa has wanted to change the offense for years but haven't been able to due to personnel. Cade also said they are going to try and get multiple targets for him and All seems like a lock.
Link to podcast?

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Just watched a podcast with Cade and he said that Iowa has wanted to change the offense for years but haven't been able to due to personnel. Cade also said they are going to try and get multiple targets for him and All seems like a lock.
So we’re now throwing the players under the bus? We would have run a different offense with better players?

Change the offense for years? I trust you didn’t swallow that hook line and sinker. As for the personnel statement, whose responsibility is it to acquire the offensive players necessary to make changes?

Haaaa!!! It was the players fault and all it took was Iowa getting a qb as great as Cade for Ferentz to see the light. Cade loves him some Cade. Good stuff. He's a pariah at Michigan now and after you guys have your typical 9-3 season none of you will remember he ever played at Iowa either. Young, dumb people who just don't see the big picture...

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Haaaa!!! It was the players fault and all it took was Iowa getting a qb as great as Cade for Ferentz to see the light. Cade loves him some Cade. Good stuff. He's a pariah at Michigan now and after you guys have your typical 9-3 season none of you will remember he ever played at Iowa either. Young, dumb people who just don't see the big picture...
You're in the playoff and you're over here crying about losing the backup QB? Sad.

Weird, have mostly heard good things about Cade from Michigan fans.

You are serving your fan base's reputation with utmost accuracy. I was getting worried after several Michigan fans came here to congratulate us on getting a great QB and young man. Thank you for letting us know that things haven't really changed.

Let me state this as succinctly as possible while still getting the point across:

Go Away.

lol a pariah that was voted team captain, seems more like your medical staff is the pariah.

Cade is going to feel awfully silly once the experts on this board inform him that the problem with the offense is how complicated it is to learn not the quality of the players that are trying to run it.
Also, does he have enough eligibility left to be able to learn the offense?

Just watched a podcast with Cade and he said that Iowa has wanted to change the offense for years but haven't been able to due to personnel.

Cade didn't say this. What he did say was that the coaches made it very clear to Cade that they are very aware that they need to change. What changes? Cade said the Iowa coaches want to open up the offense, create more explosive passing plays and actually rely on the passing game. Cade said the coaches know they have been carried by the Defense; they want to flip the script on that.

Cade also said they are going to try and get multiple targets for him and All seems like a lock.

He did not say that All seems like a lock.

My honest take aways:

* He was voted captain by his Michigan teammates in the fall; the day after, Harblow announced to the team that Cade would start the 1st game and JJ the 2nd game

* Game 3 is when he messed up his knee/MCL. When evaluated, the doctors discovered a torn patella tendon (this injury happened the previous season vs Michigan State). Cade looked at the YEAR OLD MRI results and was shown that the doctors missed the patella tendon tear from a year ago. Nevertheless, Cade was advised by Michigan to not get the surgery! Cade, instead, listened to his doctor in LA and got the surgery.

* Cade said that Michigan is not paying players through any collectives right now. And they still make the CFP for the 2nd year in a row.

* Cade said he's coming to Iowa to win a B1G Championship.

* What excites him about Iowa? He's played Iowa & knows the reputation Iowa has. Cade said Iowa will always have a top 5 defense in the country.

* The coaches made it very clear to Cade that they are very aware that they need to change. What changes? Cade said the Iowa coaches want to open it up, create more explosive passing plays and actually rely on the passing game. Cade said the coaches know they have been carried by the Defense; they want to flip the script on that.

* Cade is well aware of how Iowa's offense is viewed nationally; he wants to come in and totally flip the narrative.

Last edited:
see my post above. No, the coaches are not throwing anyone under the bus. The OP simply made false statements.

listen to the podcast yourself.
You are correct...and FWIW I really wouldn't care if your coaches did throw guys under the bus as I'm not an Iowa fan...but the OP seems to just be making things up hoping nobody fact checks him.

Speaking of which...I think the op meant he said Erick All was a lock. Well that is another fabrication on the op's part...it might actually be true but Cade didn't say it.

One last thing....to be completely fair...according to your summary, you mis-heard something, Cade didn't say Michigan players weren't getting money from collectives. He said it was really disorganized. He is correct about that...we also don't do "pay for play" which he implied and maybe why you got it confused. The good news, for you, is it sounds like Iowa is decent at the NIL thing.

So we’re now throwing the players under the bus? We would have run a different offense with better players?
just an update for you….it is necessary to have QUALITY skill position players to run the type of offense many here keep begging for. the main reason we run the offense we do is because we don’t get the 4/5 star players like Ohio St and others do. plus this was Cade making the comment not the coaches. however, by all means take every opportunity you can find to be negative.

Just like Holden was a lock to right.....

You are correct...and FWIW I really wouldn't care if your coaches did throw guys under the bus as I'm not an Iowa fan...but the OP seems to just be making things up hoping nobody fact checks him.

Speaking of which...I think the op meant he said Erick All was a lock. Well that is another fabrication on the op's part...it might actually be true but Cade didn't say it.

One last thing....to be completely fair...according to your summary, you mis-heard something, Cade didn't say Michigan players weren't getting money from collectives. He said it was really disorganized. He is correct about that...we also don't do "pay for play" which he implied and maybe why you got it confused. The good news, for you, is it sounds like Iowa is decent at the NIL thing.

Thanks for an honest discussion. I agree; the OP made things up; I think that's why he didn't post a link to the podcast and wanted us to take his word for it.

My apologies if my statement that Michigan is not paying players through any collectives right now was inaccurate. Cade just made it sound like Michigan boosters were not throwing around large sums of money to any particular prospect yet they are still recruiting very well and obviously are making their 2nd consecutive CFP.

So, how many collectives does Michigan have? Who are they paying? Just football and men's basketball players on scholarship who are actually on campus? Is any individual getting a large sum?

Thanks, again, for the discussion.

just an update for you….it is necessary to have QUALITY skill position players to run the type of offense many here keep begging for. the main reason we run the offense we do is because we don’t get the 4/5 star players like Ohio St and others do. plus this was Cade making the comment not the coaches. however, by all means take every opportunity you can find to be negative.
plus these message board players have been throwing them under the bus for a long time already...........

Yeah, this is a personnel problem....lol! First off they are the ones recruiting these guys. Secondly, I'm super excited about the upgrade to WR they have planned where they will replace two 4 stars (who will transfer to P5 programs) with guys from lower divisions. Totally makes sense.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Yep heaven forbid you throw a fade route to a 6'3" 225lb---7' high jumper or a 9 to ISM. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
I hope we get the commitments from the 3 wrs they want soon. All would be a great get and I don't think despite the rumors, Holden was ever going to come. The wrs we are hopefully getting are talented. Size, speed, and hands. I think they will be a great addition to the offense and I'll buy in with Cade. I just want a decent offense next year and a really good one the year after.

Player personnel (which changes each year) or coaching personnel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT