ADVERTISEMENT

For those who always complain about the SEC’s best teams getting in the CFP…

Not a coincidence the Alabama and SEC domination is taking place at the same time programs like USC, FSU, Miami, Texas, Nebraska, and a few others have been down, really down.

I know you watch these games and think it's pointless to expand the playoffs but that is absolutely what needs to happen. There are too many top recruits consolidated into a handful of teams. Playoff expansion would open up access and hopefully distribute that talent as more teams have a path to a title.

Careful with lumping the whole SEC into the same category as Bama/Georgia. What’s their bowl record coming into the playoffs?

Who cares what happened with a handful of 6-6 SEC teams in meaningless games? (some of whom were underdogs) The 2 best teams in the country are from the same conference.

The playoff experiment has been a massive failure so far (maybe not from a financial standpoint). Forget expansion, it needs contraction to two teams. Michigan might have a beef, but Cincy had no business being in the playoffs. We won’t see another non-power 5 team on this big stage for a long time.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
The playoff experiment has been a massive failure so far (maybe not from a financial standpoint). Forget expansion, it needs contraction to two teams. Michigan might have a beef, but Cincy had no business being in the playoffs. We won’t see another non-power 5 team on this big stage for a long time.
Cincy played bama tougher then Michigan played Georgia.

Cincy played bama tougher then Michigan played Georgia.
Ehh kinda but not really. UGA was going full-on against Michigan, Bama was playing pretty close to the vest. They ran the ball more than usual and Cincy couldn’t stop it. Bama could have easily thrown the ball 20 more times and scored 3 more TD’s if they wanted to. Bama knew they didn’t have to play anything more than a B+ game to win, they wanted to get to the natty as healthy as possible.

Ehh kinda but not really. UGA was going full-on against Michigan, Bama was playing pretty close to the vest. They ran the ball more than usual and Cincy couldn’t stop it. Bama could have easily thrown the ball 20 more times and scored 3 more TD’s if they wanted to. Bama knew they didn’t have to play anything more than a B+ game to win, they wanted to get to the natty as healthy as possible.
this…
Bama was playing with Cincy all game long . This game wasn’t as close as the score indicated…

Not a coincidence the Alabama and SEC domination is taking place at the same time programs like USC, FSU, Miami, Texas, Nebraska, and a few others have been down, really down.

I know you watch these games and think it's pointless to expand the playoffs but that is absolutely what needs to happen. There are too many top recruits consolidated into a handful of teams. Playoff expansion would open up access and hopefully distribute that talent as more teams have a path to a title.
The talent is in those places because the talent plays HS in those places. When you’re a poor kid from Georgia and go on a trip to LSU, Bama or Georgia, you see the locker room, the girls, the NFL legacies, the success and the facilities and you have ZERO reason to cross the Mississippi for college. Adding room for Baylor and Colorado to go to the playoff isn’t going to make those same kids choose those schools over Bama or LSU.

The blueprint Schnellenberger made for the U to make sure talent doesn’t leave the area was the beginning of the end for the spreading of talent throughout the country.

That doesn’t mean it can’t happen. But Florida, Georgia and the gulf coast states are gonna have the highest concentration of high school talent forever. And I’m from PA where growing up we believed that was as good as it got along with Ohio. Then I moved south and learned I knew nothing. The speed and talent here is real. Very real. The best hope for everyone else is the portal. Period.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
The talent is in those places because the talent plays HS in those places. When you’re a poor kid from Georgia and go on a trip to LSU, Bama or Georgia, you see the locker room, the girls, the NFL legacies, the success and the facilities and you have ZERO reason to cross the Mississippi for college. Adding room for Baylor and Colorado to go to the playoff isn’t going to make those same kids choose those schools over Bama or LSU.

The blueprint Schnellenberger made for the U to make sure talent doesn’t leave the area was the beginning of the end for the spreading of talent throughout the country.

That doesn’t mean it can’t happen. But Florida, Georgia and the gulf coast states are gonna have the highest concentration of high school talent forever. And I’m from PA where growing up we believed that was as good as it got along with Ohio. Then I moved south and learned I knew nothing. The speed and talent here is real. Very real. The best hope for everyone else is the portal. Period.

This makes zero sense. High school football is played in every state in the country. Why would "the talent" be concentrated in the southeast?

Clearly the two best teams will be playing for the ship which is great. But since it is two SEC teams I have no desire to watch.

Nope, I’m not going to watch. I pound care less which SEC team wins. Maybe when Disney/ABC/ESPN realizes no one wants to watch an SEC love fest they will introduce some balance to their football payouts and coverage.

This makes zero sense. High school football is HS played in every state in the country. Why would "the talent" be concentrated in the southeast?
Football has a much greater importance in the S.E. You get many HS coaches whose only revenue stream is football coach. There is not a a single HS football coach in Iowa where football coach is their only job. 20K stadiums for HS don't happen in Iowa. Some states in the S.E. even have spring football.

Football has a much greater importance in the S.E. You get many HS coaches whose only revenue stream is football coach. There is not a a single HS football coach in Iowa where football coach is their only job. 20K stadiums for HS don't happen in Iowa. Some states in the S.E. even have spring football.

Sounds like Ioway needs to step up its game.

This makes zero sense. High school football is played in every state in the country. Why would "the talent" be concentrated in the southeast?
Really? I assume you’re joking but I’m case not

Football is a year round sport in the southeast and it’s not in most other places. My coaching friends in the north look at me sideways when I tell them about football class going out to throw 7 on 7 on a Wednesday morning in February.

That’s a big part of it. Nice weather means kids are outside all year. It’s why for years kids in the northeast and Midwest were best at bball. Inside the gym during cold months while kids in the Glades were chasing rabbits in the sugar cane getting faster.

Anyway…I looked for fun and found that 30 of the top 39 recruits in the ESPN top 300 list are from gulf coast and southeast states.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT