ADVERTISEMENT

Former NCAA Men's BB Officiating Coordinator: "There is not perfect officiating anywhere ever, but man, that was awful.”

This game was stolen from us by the officials.
I don’t disagree your perspective but why were we in Frans version of perimeter D that allowed Carson every open look and made shot in the first half?

It’s not like Iowa was denying their inside game much better but that comes down to your statement with the iffy calls that cost 25 and 22 significant time on the court.

The referees were in over their head not the HAWKS
The fix was in when they called that ridiculous technical foul for tossing a ball out of bounds. Completely neutered her ability to drive with the ball the rest of the game. I thought reffing was bad in mens. I don't watch alot of womens,but I can't beleive what they allow physically on Clark. The refs took out 3 of our best players.

I don’t disagree your perspective but why were we in Frans version of perimeter D that allowed Carson every open look and made shot in the first half?

It’s not like Iowa was denying their inside game much better but that comes down to your statement with the iffy calls that cost 25 and 22 significant time on the court.
Iowa's defense was not good but then how good could it be with the way fouls were being called? I normally don't get this worked up over officiating but some of those calls against Caitlin and Monika were just disgraceful. The commentators during the game mentioned it and many members of the media sounded off about it after the game ended.

The fix was in when they called that ridiculous technical foul for tossing a ball out of bounds. Completely neutered her ability to drive with the ball the rest of the game. I thought reffing was bad in mens. I don't watch alot of womens,but I can't beleive what they allow physically on Clark. The refs took out 3 of our best players.
She didn't even toss it, it bounced her way and she batted it a little. Nothing egregious about it.

She didn't even toss it, it bounced her way and she batted it a little. Nothing egregious about it.
Sounds like they called the technical for the second delay of game by Iowa. I guess by CC throwing the ball like that it caused a delay. In a game like this how do you call a T for delay of game on the best player in the country. Absolutely absurd.

Iowa's defense was not good but then how good could it be with the way fouls were being called? I normally don't get this worked up over officiating but some of those calls against Caitlin and Monika were just disgraceful. The commentators during the game mentioned it and many members of the media sounded off about it after the game ended.
I don’t disagree with you.

We tried to deny paint points but they were getting the ball down there anyway and benefited from O-boards underneath and too many minor touch fouls in the paint that put some very important Hawkeyes on the bench, while the whistles were swallowed on the other end for more aggressive contact.

It sucks that the players couldn’t decide the game on a level playing field. It may have ended the same way but this has a bit of stench to go along with it.

Sounds like they called the technical for the second delay of game by Iowa. I guess by CC throwing the ball like that it caused a delay. In a game like this how do you call a T for delay of game on the best player in the country. Absolutely absurd.
Totally absurd. What made it worst is it was on a dead ball. The clock was already stopped. On the other hand, Mulkey on the court in physical contact with the official and nothing is called. Ridiculous.

I'm glad the officials are getting lit up on social media. They deserve it.

Loses a little credibility when he can't spell her name right and uses emojis like a 13 year old
Really, the former head of NCAA officials for men states his opinion and that's what you come up with. I could say the same for you. Why would I pay attention to someone who doesn't understand the proper use of words. It's correctly not right. Should I thus believe that you have lost credibility due to your inability to use the English language properly?

Totally absurd. What made it worst is it was on a dead ball. The clock was already stopped. On the other hand, Mulkey on the court in physical contact with the official and nothing is called. Ridiculous.

I'm glad the officials are getting lit up on social media. They deserve it.
They fing deserve it, yes. But ****ing LSU still has the hardware. Only thing that will appease me is those refs being held accountable. CLEARLY the fix was in.

and being in foul trouble made us tentative on defense, making it easier for LSU to score

….and allow the opposing coach to spend most of the game on the court without so much as a warning (despite Bluder’s complaints to the refs), AND allow the opposing coach to make physical contact with a ref with no T?!

And irony of ironies, it was the IOWA bench that got the only bench warning of the game.

I believe Iowa keeps with it down 7 if not for the tech 7 point swing.

i forget; we were down by 21 at one time, correct?

and then we cut it to 7 and that's as close as we got, correct?

IMO, this game would looked much different had it been called competently.

my god, a national championship is on the line line and this is the officiating crew that gets the assignment?

my god, a national championship is on the line line and this is the officiating crew that gets the assignment?
Because they were able to say “for the first time ever the women’s final four will be officiated by all women”. Really doesn’t matter that they couldn’t competently handle a junior high game.
I don’t care if they’re man, woman, or black, white, green, etc. just get the best three out there

Yes. Refs killed all momentum & I don't think it was unintentional. At that very moment, Mulvey was stomping around like a petulant child.

Did they hit shots? Sure, but Iowa had more than a chance had it been called a normal way.

What could have been...

saw the earlier delay call which was questionable. LSU did the same 3-4 times with no call. Taunting is an automatic T,,,no call. official runs into LSU coach who is on the floor no call. Reece appears to swear after a foul call…nothing. not into really blaming officials but today they certainly seemed to have an agenda.

Then the refs made two or three egregious no calls again on obvious fouls LSU had on the defensive end, which ended the run cold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT