ADVERTISEMENT

Foster down to 5

No he was below average. He just was not that good

Nah you are completely wrong but thanks for also proving your lack of basketball knowledge.

He was an outstanding Defensive player (not just individually by blocks as novice basketball fans like you would judge him by) and became a really good rebounder. And he was a good passer for a big man and did a lot of little things to help the team. You just assume because he didn’t score a lot he was below average. That’s ok, I didn’t play hockey and don’t understand the intricacies of that game so I often just make assumptions based on who scores the most goals.

I think Baylor is the real threat here. They always seem to have multiple 7 footers that stretch the floor.

Totally agree. And the people trying to throw that school under the bus should be careful. While Waco is not a great place, the Baylor campus is very nice. They are overshadowed by so many schools in Texas, but have been quite successful in hoops over past 10 years with two elite 8's and two sweet sixteens (not same years for any smart asses).

Nah you are completely wrong but thanks for also proving your lack of basketball knowledge.

He was an outstanding Defensive player (not just individually by blocks as novice basketball fans like you would judge him by) and became a really good rebounder. And he was a good passer for a big man and did a lot of little things to help the team. You just assume because he didn’t score a lot he was below average. That’s ok, I didn’t play hockey and don’t understand the intricacies of that game so I often just make assumptions based on who scores the most goals.

Ohh ok. So you are taking the “Inhabe superior basketball knowledge” way. No you don’t. There way a reason teams didn’t game plan for him. He was below average as a big man. If you got a transfer right now with his stats, who was a starter you would be disappointed.

Totally agree. And the people trying to throw that school under the bus should be careful. While Waco is not a great place, the Baylor campus is very nice. They are overshadowed by so many schools in Texas, but have been quite successful in hoops over past 10 years with two elite 8's and two sweet sixteens (not same years for any smart asses).

And they make
Some deep
Runs in the tourney

They are also dirty. Iowa and Baylor play by a different set of rules when it comes to recruiting. I thought this was common knowledge.

Trying to throw the school under the bus...you do know that school covered up sexual assaults by football players, right? And that they openly embrace homophobia? Baylor is an absolutely garbage institution outside of their athletic achievements.

So, just for the hell of it, I visited Clone forum to read comments. In the Foster thread, there's several comments about Adam Woodbury.

Kinda strange. Are they still butthurt he wore an Iowa shirt on his OV to Ames? Bunch of pussies.
It was not Adam that did that. It was his dad.

Ohh ok. So you are taking the “Inhabe superior basketball knowledge” way. No you don’t. There way a reason teams didn’t game plan for him. He was below average as a big man. If you got a transfer right now with his stats, who was a starter you would be disappointed.

I am going to take that stance if you seriously think he’s a below average P5 Center. Because if you watched him play and understood what he brought to the team BESIDES scoring, you wouldn’t say what you say.

Yeah, he might be considered a below average offensive scorer at that level but again, judging a player by their scoring average is what people who haven’t played basketball or have understanding of the different aspects of the game do. It’s like looking at Andrew Wiggins and saying he’s a premier player in the NBA because he averages 20 pts a game - and there are plenty of NBA fans that think that. They don’t take into consideration that the guy he guards often scores more then 20 points and that the rest of his game is poor.

How do you know what coaches game planned for? He’s not an All-American but he’s not what you claim either. Maybe you are confused on the difference between elite and below average - there is quite a lot space in between. He’s still playing in the G League.

If you think I would be disappointed in a big man transfer who scores 8 pts, brings down 8 rebounds, plays outstanding defense and directs the team’s defense with great communication and positioning, while being a solid passer and setting strong picks, you are nuts.

I love Garza and what he does offensively and brings to the team but he is poor defensively. Last years team would have benefitted greatly from having a Woodbury on the team. Iowa has never had an issue with scoring points under Fran ... the team the last 3 years could have used more guys who are strong in parts of the game that do not include scoring.

I know you are an ISU fan so you probably just are saying this to troll - I’m sure if it was a similar guy playing for the Cyclones you would be espousing how many great things that player did for ISU.

I wouldn't be if I had seen said transfer play.

Amputated part of his foot but was told it should grow back by the time practice starts I guess.

Excellent. We need more self healers...

I tried to get the kids to say go Hawks, but they coward out.

Must say XF looks like a Hawk. He's got black roots and gold topped hair. I'd give him 7'-0", with the hair. Hope Fran and Co can reel him in!

Excellent. We need more self healers...

I tried to get the kids to say go Hawks, but they coward out.

Must say XF looks like a Hawk. He's got black roots and gold topped hair. I'd give him 7'-0", with the hair. Hope Fran and Co can reel him in!
I really hope we get him as well, but I do not think it is a tragedy if we don't.

Reactions: iabcuda
“Tragedy”? No.

An indication that the program is not likely to move up in the league pecking order? Probably.

If you ever want to play in a final four or win a conference title, you have to start landing players like Foster.
I would add "...who are from you state and within a short drive from your school."
Weezy was a must-get, Foster is about as big a get. Maybe more impactful overall.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
If Foster cares about playing on tv then the BIG 10 coverage would be a lot greater than any of the other schools could offer.

What? Do you understand that ESPN carries ALL Big 12 conference games. That means every single conference game is carried nationwide on a network that is bigger than the B1G. Just looked at the ISU schedule this fall, and ISU has potentially 33 games to play with 28 on nationwide tv. Here are the games on nationwide tv, 18 conference games, 3 tourney games, Iowa, Seton Hall, Oregon State, Michigan, Alabama, North Carolina, Auburn (final 4 team) . ISU reaches 70 to 100 M homes on ALL of these games. ISU reaches far more homes than Iowa does.

What? Do you understand that ESPN carries ALL Big 12 conference games. That means every single conference game is carried nationwide on a network that is bigger than the B1G. Just looked at the ISU schedule this fall, and ISU has potentially 33 games to play with 28 on nationwide tv. Here are the games on nationwide tv, 18 conference games, 3 tourney games, Iowa, Seton Hall, Oregon State, Michigan, Alabama, North Carolina, Auburn (final 4 team) . ISU reaches 70 to 100 M homes on ALL of these games. ISU reaches far more homes than Iowa does.

How many of those games will be on ESPNU and ESPNNews?

Last year ISU had 8 conference games on those channels, and they aren't reaching 70 million homes on there, that is for sure.

JFC...last year you guys played Missouri at home and it had to be carried on CyclonesTV.

Last year ISU had 8 conference games on those channels, and they aren't reaching 70 million homes on there, that is for sure.

JFC...last year you guys played Missouri at home and it had to be carried on CyclonesTV.
Ask anyone outside of Iowa and they will more than likely tell you when it comes to Basketball coming out of Iowa most people think Iowa State.

Ask anyone outside of Iowa and they will more than likely tell you when it comes to Basketball coming out of Iowa most people think Iowa State.

I live in AZ and Texas and do work for an NBA franchise and the NBA...I can assure you that when people think basketball and Iowa, there is no leader in who comes to mind.

“Tragedy”? No.

An indication that the program is not likely to move up in the league pecking order? Probably.

If you ever want to play in a final four or win a conference title, you have to start landing players like Foster.
Sure, but I don't see Foster as an impact player. I am probably wrong but to me he doesn't have the intensity and strength to battle in the B1G. At least not as a freshman. Love his size and hops though.

I live in AZ and Texas and do work for an NBA franchise and the NBA...I can assure you that when people think basketball and Iowa, there is no leader in who comes to mind.

I've always assumed as much. Last year when Iowa State beat Texas Tech in basketball, a friend of mine from Houston congratulated me on the Hawkeyes winning.

I'm guessing most people outside of Iowa don't think much of either program.

Trying to throw the school under the bus...you do know that school covered up sexual assaults by football players, right? And that they openly embrace homophobia? Baylor is an absolutely garbage institution outside of their athletic achievements.
Not to mention a murder on the basketball team and the coach trying to hide the problems.
What a hypocritical, lying, trash school and fanbase.

From the oh so trustworthy Wikipedia:
"As of February 2015, ESPNews is available to approximately 71,989,000 pay television households"
"As of February 2015, ESPNU is available to approximately 73,594,000 pay television households"

Have no clue the current accuracy of these numbers

Not to mention a murder on the basketball team and the coach trying to hide the problems.
What a hypocritical, lying, trash school and fanbase.

Seriously, I can't believe there are actually still people who either believe Baylor and the people running Baylor are good or are just so oblivious (maybe intentionally) to the fact that it is quite possibly the worst major institution out there.

From the oh so trustworthy Wikipedia:
"As of February 2015, ESPNews is available to approximately 71,989,000 pay television households"
"As of February 2015, ESPNU is available to approximately 73,594,000 pay television households"

Have no clue the current accuracy of these numbers

Being "Available" and "Reaching" are 2 very different things.

Being "Available" and "Reaching" are 2 very different things.
Well, technically, every channel is available to every household then correct?

But I suspect the number is the actual households that received the channel. Here is a more current link that shows ESPNU at 64 million (steadily declining due to cord cutting). No number listed for ESPNNews, but I suspect it is similar. ESPNU and ESPN News have roughly the same subscribers as BTN it appears.
https://awfulannouncing.com/league-...e-estimates-espn-fs1-btn-league-networks.html

Well, technically, every channel is available to every household then correct?

But I suspect the number is the actual households that received the channel. Here is a more current link that shows ESPNU at 64 million (steadily declining due to cord cutting). No number listed for ESPNNews, but I suspect it is similar. ESPNU and ESPN News have roughly the same subscribers as BTN it appears.
https://awfulannouncing.com/league-...e-estimates-espn-fs1-btn-league-networks.html

No, every chanel is not available to every household. What planet are you from?

As well, just being available does not mean one is watching (reaching). Your assertion would mean that I'm watching every single channel I have every moment of every day... and being "reached"

No, every chanel is not available to every household. What planet are you from?

As well, just being available does not mean one is watching (reaching). Your assertion would mean that I'm watching every single channel I have every moment of every day... and being "reached"
I think you took a left turn somewhere because I have no clue what you are getting at. The assertion made by Legend was no where close to 70,000,000 homes is reached by ESPNews or ESPNU. I posted evidence to the contrary. I never once claimed all 70,000,000 were watching at the same time, just that they could if they chose.

My comment about every channel being "available" at every house is a joke in reference to the fact that every American that owns a TV has the ability to subscribe to a service to get whatever channel they want.

The bottom line is it appears that coverage of most all ISU games is on an equal availability plan to most all Iowa games which was the original debate. The few places where Iowa would have an advantage would be a few non-con games carried by BTN where ISU would have similar games on Cyclone.tv

ISU has been to two sweet sixteens in this millennia and hasn't won the conference since 2000.

Yea, ISU is probably a better program than Iowa, but that doesn't mean anyone gives a rip about you outside of the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT