Found a lost drone in my backyard - what do I do?

Feb 9, 2013
No name tag. Lights are blinking but looks sick.

Do I bring it inside and give it some new batteries? Don’t really want a camera or mic activated inside my house. Leave it outside and maybe it’ll fly off on its own?

Should I post some FOUND flyers around the neighborhood or in NextDoor?

What’s the protocol?

Hawkman98

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2007

Do I bring it inside and give it some new batteries? Don’t really want a camera or mic activated inside my house. Leave it outside and maybe it’ll fly off on its own?

What’s the protocol?
Check over the drone very well if it's a decent one and not a toy. There should be a FAA registration number on the unit somewhere. Maybe pull the battery and look in that area. I think it's law that it has to be registered. I had mine in the battery compartment at first, but then they changed it had to be visible on the outside, so I moved it.

hawksurprize

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001

What’s the protocol?
Fire crackers

DogBoyRy

HR Heisman
Jul 28, 2006

What’s the protocol?
Show the wife then Piitb.

SF HAWKEYE

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2003
TBW found one in our yard when I was out of town on business. It was in the middle of winter with snow on the ground. It was a larger more expensive one.
she ended up taking it to the police station. No idea what happened to it.